Windows 10: Incorrectly named random picture locations on startup screen feedback not question

Discus and support Incorrectly named random picture locations on startup screen feedback not question in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I've been using the random startup screen backgrounds for a while now and enjoy having the variety and being able to look up different places when... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by A_luff, May 16, 2021.

1. A_luff Win User

Incorrectly named random picture locations on startup screen feedback not question

I've been using the random startup screen backgrounds for a while now and enjoy having the variety and being able to look up different places when there's one I particularly like.Just logged in now and had a picture of a place I'm personally familiar with and noticed that it was named wrong.The picture was of the Radcliffe Camera in Radcliffe Square, Oxford, locally referred to as the Rad Cam. The tooltip said it was the Radcliffe Science Library. The Radcliffe Science Library is actually a separate building and not nearly as picturesque further up Parks Road toward Keble College and the Phy

:)

A_luff, May 16, 2021

2. Startup screen picture and name

Hello Elliott,

For the steps on how to change your account picture on Windows 10, please refer to this

link

In regards to changing your name on the sign in screen, it will depend whether you're signed in as a local user or signed in using a Microsoft account.

For changing a local account user name, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button, type User Accounts then press
      Enter.
    • Select your local account.
    • Click Change the account name.
    • Enter the new name for the account.
    • Click Change Name to complete.
    For changing a Microsoft account user name, please follow the steps below.

• Sign in with your Microsoft account
      here
    • Beside your full name, click Edit name.
    • Enter the new name for your Microsoft account.
    • Click Save to complete.
    • Restart your PC.
    Let us know if you have further clarifications.

Devlin Sco, May 16, 2021
  3. mrgeek Win User
    Correct Directory Location For Pictures Folder

"Now Documents, Videos etc say file location is This PC. But Pictures file location is C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures."

If we understand you correctly, the issue is that Pictures doesn't appear in the left panel under This PC. The correct location IS C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures. This is only an issue of using Step 8 in the tutorial to add it back to the list. See if this screenshot is what you want to achieve- put Pictures folder back in list on L.

Incorrectly named random picture locations on startup screen feedback not question [​IMG]

mrgeek, May 16, 2021
  4. Incorrectly named random picture locations on startup screen feedback not question

Startup screen picture and name

How do I add picture and change name on Windows 10 startup screen (screen on which you enter password or code to get into your computer)?

Elliott-Gee, May 16, 2021
Thema:

Incorrectly named random picture locations on startup screen feedback not question

1. Incorrectly named random picture locations on startup screen feedback not question - Similar Threads - Incorrectly named random

2. Unkown startup app - no clear name, no file location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unkown startup app - no clear name, no file location: There is an application under the "startup apps" of task manager and cannot find the application which is related that. And cannot find the file location as well. And the name of this application contains ~ 150 characters with simple letters, capital letters and numbers. How...
  3. Incorrect Location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Incorrect Location: Built my computer a couple months ago, have not been able to change to the correct time zone for more than a day. I’ve changed the time zone to the correct one and it just defaults back to the incorrect one. Ive changed the CMOS battery, enabled Windows Time service, and...
  4. Screen pictures at startup

Screen pictures at startup: I am asking for a SIMPLE step by step way to delete some photos at start-up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-pictures-at-startup/d68e131e-afd2-4694-a1dc-28961a4864ba
  5. How to feedback to Microsoft that the desktop background picture information is incorrect?...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to feedback to Microsoft that the desktop background picture information is incorrect?...: The beautiful Desktop background picture in the Microsoft startup / lock screen of the beach and the mountain range in South Africa is incorrect. It states it is Coffee Bay, in the Eastern Cape Wild Coast / Transkei. Still a stunning, remote and idyllic location, it is not...
  6. Display and Lock Screen Pictures Location

Display and Lock Screen Pictures Location: When I want to give or sell my computer to another person, how do I delete or remove the pictures that have been selected in the past for my lock screen and/or display screen wallpaper? I remove the folder I got them from, but they still show up if I go to Settings,...
  7. Question about Lock Screen feedback.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Question about Lock Screen feedback.: I noticed that when I like a picture on the lock screen, it's different the next time I'm on the lock screen. When I say "I'm not a fan.", it seems to stay. What's the deal? Wouldn't it make sense that it keeps pictures that I like? I don't mind if it changes once in a while,...
  8. Microsoft Startup Screen Pictures

Microsoft Startup Screen Pictures: On several occasions, I have tried to click the "What is this?" button and must have inadvertently clicked that I don't like the picture. The picture has disappeared and it seems I have lost it forever. I guess I have also accidentally voted against a picture I really liked....
  9. Where are the lock screen pictures located?

Where are the lock screen pictures located?: So I want to see all of the lockscreen pictures for Windows 10 but can't find them. Any ideas? 15427
  10. Moved document folder location and now name is incorrect

in Windows 10 Support
    Moved document folder location and now name is incorrect: Hi, I moved the location of my 'Documents' folder from the C drive to the root of my D drive in error. What I meant to do was move it to D:\Documents. I have managed to restore the original location back to the C drive, and clicking on Documents under the user heading...