Windows 10: Incorrectly recognised name of SSD

Discus and support Incorrectly recognised name of SSD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I recently bought a crucial MX500 1TB SSD to replace my MX500 250GB SSD. I have the 250GB SSD connected to my laptop through a SATA III to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GraceLim21, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Incorrectly recognised name of SSD

Hello,

I recently bought a crucial MX500 1TB SSD to replace my MX500 250GB SSD.

I have the 250GB SSD connected to my laptop through a SATA III to USB adapter. I am currently using the 1TB SSD.

However, Windows seems to get its name messed up. It is able to recognise the 250GB SSD correctly, but is recognising the 1TB SSD as a TOSHIBA MQ01ABF050 which is a 500GB hard disk drive (which i do not have).

This is shown in disk/partition formatter, device manager and task manager. The SSD is not functioning weirdly but the incorrect naming is bothering me.

Incorrectly recognised name of SSD 5bd3c5c8-15b5-4fa6-a5cc-8f30a70dd515?upload=true.png

Incorrectly recognised name of SSD 2abccab1-636c-44ee-bed5-5e6e823c1f67?upload=true.png

Incorrectly recognised name of SSD 13b11b37-a063-4471-b460-383ae48ff7eb?upload=true.png

Incorrectly recognised name of SSD d99071f2-d196-4de5-b6a5-63788fbdb85d?upload=true.png

:)

GraceLim21, Oct 12, 2019

2. ssd not recognised

After update to Windows 10 Anniversary Update I now am getting same problem.

SSD's not recognised. I tried running "winsat formal" from an elevated (admin) command as suggested by Word Man and done previously when I got this problem with no success.

Any suggestions?

jaburmester, Oct 12, 2019
  3. HairyFool Win User
    Windows 10 SSD Boot and Sleep faliure

Windows cannot stop the BIOS recognising the SSD. If at any time you can go into the BIOS and the SSD is not listed then you have an (intermittent) hardware fault. It does not matter what the precursor steps are if the hardware was OK it must be listed

Step 6 is categorical, you have a hardware fault. BIOS device recognition is always before drivers load so they cannot affect the process

HairyFool, Oct 12, 2019
  4. RPB57 Win User

Incorrectly recognised name of SSD

SATA HDD recognised as SSD

Hi. My SATA HDD is recognised as a SSD and Windows 10 will not perform defragmentation on it as a result; which I appreciate. I've tried many of the prescribed procedures mentioned on forums but to no effect. I'm pretty convinced that the problem lies
    in the fact I have installed a SSD in my machine. Windows is recognising the correct size of my SATA HDD however and the SSD isn't showing up quite rightly as its Linux formatted. Using a third party defragmentation program exactly the same problem occurs,
    however I was able to defragment my C drive using it as it just warned against it and didn't prohibit me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

RPB57, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

Incorrectly recognised name of SSD

1. Incorrectly recognised name of SSD - Similar Threads - Incorrectly recognised name

2. SSD and HDD not recognised.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD and HDD not recognised.: Hi All.I have bought another PC recently. It had an HDD fitted but I decided to fit the SSD from my old PC along with this HDD. It seemed like a straight addition to the new PC but having done that I am getting the message 'Cannot find a bootable device'. Can someone please...
  3. SSD and HDD not recognised.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD and HDD not recognised.: Hi All.I have bought another PC recently. It had an HDD fitted but I decided to fit the SSD from my old PC along with this HDD. It seemed like a straight addition to the new PC but having done that I am getting the message 'Cannot find a bootable device'. Can someone please...
  4. SSD and HDD not recognised.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Incorrect Program Names

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Incorrect Program Names: Hi! I have a problem with my programs not displaying their correct name or the correct filename of the file it opens. As shown on the top left area of the photo that I have attached below. This happens to programs like VLC, IDM, Acrobat Reader, Premier Pro, etc. What should I...
  6. SSD not recognised.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD not recognised.: My friend gave me a HDD that he said was clean formatted as NTFS. I was going to use it as storage. I plugged it in and Win XP started to load. I immediately did a shutdown and removed the HDD. I booted and now my OS doesn't recognise the SSD A400 at all in Disk Management...
  7. Account name not recognised

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Account name not recognised: I have a 365 Business Standard account through my company. Microsoft recognize my email good enough to log into this forum but when I try to use it to set up a new laptop it says 'That Microsoft account doesn't exist'......
  8. Profile name incorrect

in Windows 10 Customization
    Profile name incorrect: My name registered with Microsoft is "." and the sirname is Miller. i have registered an email "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***", xname substituting my name ofc and that is the only place that name is tied to my microsoft account. my desktop profile after setting...
  9. Incorrect User Name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Incorrect User Name: I am the sole user of my PC and so I set it up to by-pass the password entry screen and boot straight into the start screen. Two weeks ago I started to receive an error message on start up. The message tells me that the username or password is incorrect, try again. When...
  10. ssd not recognised

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ssd not recognised: I have 2 ssd Samsung SSD 840 pro series (c*Smile and Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB (d*Smile. Both these drives are recognised I presume correctly. They are installed on a Toshiba QOSMIO X500 PQX33E-00N006EN laptop. Trim is enabled as I run fsutil behavior query...