Windows 10: Increase allocation letters HDD

Discus and support Increase allocation letters HDD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, asks if I hesitate a way or a tweak to increase allocation letters to the disk drives. Generally they are 26 and go from A to Z, I ask if it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DMD, Jul 24, 2019.

1. DMD
    DMD Win User

Increase allocation letters HDD

Hello, asks if I hesitate a way or a tweak to increase allocation letters to the disk drives.
    Generally they are 26 and go from A to Z, I ask if it is possible to increase this range by entering numbers, eg. A1, B1, A2, B2, etc ...

Increase allocation letters HDD Screenshot-002.png

Thank you

:)

2. HDD not showing in the File explorer in Windows 10.

Hello Lorna,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Unallocated drives are those whose drive letters are not allocated. You will be able to view the drive on your PC if you have allocated a drive name for the partition created. The drive will not be visible on the PC if you do not allocate a drive letter
    or a drive name.

Allocate a drive letter to the HDD by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Connect the HDD to the PC.

• Open Run command by pressing
      Windows Key + R
      keys on the keyboard, type diskmgmt.msc and press
      Enter.

• Right click on the Unallocated disk drive and select
      New Simple Volume option. Follow the onscreen instructions where in the process you will get to a window where you can allocate a drive name for the HDD.

• After allocating a drive letter, right click on the drive and select
      Open. Check if you are able to open the drive in File Explorer.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 24, 2019
  3. HDD partitioned to unallocated space after performing scan & fix on Windows 10.

Hello Kyle,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further on the query, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Are you able to view the hard disk in File explorer option on the PC?
    • With the hard disk connected to the PC, are you able to recognize the device under Disk management?

You might be facing the above issue due to the unallocated letter for the drive. Unallocated drives are those whose drive letters are not allocated when initially partitioned or after formatting. You will be able to view the drive on your PC if you have
    allocated a drive name for the partition created. The drive will not be visible on the PC if you do not allocate a drive letter or a drive name.

Method 1: Check if the drive is shown in File Explorer. If the drive is not shown in the
    File Explorer, allocate a drive letter to the HDD by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Disk management
      option from the context menu. Check if the drive is visible in the window.
    • If visible, right click on the Unallocated disk drive and select
      New Simple Volume option. Follow the onscreen instructions where in the process you will get to a window where you can allocate a drive name for the HDD.
    • After allocating a drive letter, right click on the drive and select
      Open
      . Check if you are able to open the drive in File Explorer.
    • Close the window and check if you are able to install Windows 10.

Method 2: As easeus partition wizard is not a Microsoft product, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer support for further assistance on the query if the issue persists.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 24, 2019
  4. Increase allocation letters HDD

Drive Letter Allocation - Windows 10

I have installed a new SSD in my windows 10 Pro PC. When I create two volumes it allocates it a Drive Letter of G: to the first volume and R:. to the second volume. I currently have 4 volumes (C, D, E and F) but when I go into Disk Management to try and
    change the Drive letter of the second volume it does not show and letters between H: and Q:. Windows seems to have allocated the remaining drive letters to something else which I don't see in Disk Management. How do I free up H: I: etc. for use by my hard
    disk volumes?

DennisBancroft, Jul 24, 2019
Thema:

Increase allocation letters HDD

1. Increase allocation letters HDD - Similar Threads - Increase allocation letters

2. How to make a PC allocate a drive letter automatically ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to make a PC allocate a drive letter automatically ?: I alter the contents of a HDD daily in one PC and then copy that new version to another HDD in a second PC. That second PC always requires me to add a drive letter to the target HDD. It a bit tiresome and I'd like to rectify that, so that a drive letter gets allocated...
  3. Query about allocating fixed Drive Letters to External Disk Drives

in Windows 10 Support
    Query about allocating fixed Drive Letters to External Disk Drives: I have a few External Disk Drives and I have allocated fixed drive letters to each of them. Unfortunately, a few of them failed, or were given away, etc., and I am left in a bit of a messy state where I keep allocating the next alphabetical letter to any new drives, while...
  4. Stop/Block the allocation of drive letter(s)

Stop/Block the allocation of drive letter(s): I want to be able to block the allocation/use of particular drive letters when external (USB) devices are attached. For example, I never want my computer to have an E or F drive. I can remember back in the dim distant past of a program TweakUI Powertoy for Windows XP/7...
  5. Cannot Allocate new HDD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot Allocate new HDD: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/artvandelay-__- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ikglwi/cannot_allocate_new_hdd/
  6. Windows 10 build with tangled HDD allocations

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 build with tangled HDD allocations: Running Windows 10 pro V.1909 OS build 18363.657. The PC was home built using a M5A78L-M PLUS USB3 mother board that does not support UEFI. Drives are 256GB SSD, 1000GB HDD and 2000GB. The two HDDs are from from a previous win 7 system. As it stands now the system takes 2...
  7. Increasing graphics video memory allocation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Increasing graphics video memory allocation: How do I increase graphics video memory allocation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/increasing-graphics-video-memory-allocation/c78dbb7a-a29a-49ff-a759-8ad770dda0f6
  8. Increase allocation letters HDD

Increase allocation letters HDD: Hello, asks if I hesitate a way or a tweak to increase allocation letters to the disk drives. Generally they are 26 and go from A to Z, I ask if it is possible to increase this range by entering numbers, eg. A1, B1, A2, B2, etc ... [ATTACH] Thank you 137180
  9. An increase in HDD's becomming formatted to RAW.

An increase in HDD's becomming formatted to RAW.: Had this happen today after the 14926 update. Went to save the .esd to my 2TB WD hard drive and received an error that the HDD was no longer there. Disc management revealed it was now formatted to RAW, all my data is gone. I see others are having similar occurrences of this...
  10. Increase in SharePoint Online storage allocation

in Windows 10 News
    Increase in SharePoint Online storage allocation: Maybe - but Sharepoint itself is a bit of a cranky product. For instance it still has some features which only work with Internet Explorer - none of your new-fangled 'Edge' browsing! *Wink Yeah I know! Sometimes very frustrating, and some stuff didn't work properly...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. zz hddMerhaba