Windows 10: Increase audio volume

Discus and support Increase audio volume in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I increase the volume on my Dell Inspiron laptop more than the volume control on the task bar ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JoAnne ElizabethFelton, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Increase audio volume

How can I increase the volume on my Dell Inspiron laptop more than the volume control on the task bar ?

:)

JoAnne ElizabethFelton, Feb 11, 2020
  2. rabensti Win User

Audio volume keeps forcing to zero.

Tried your suggestion. Troubleshooter tells to increase volume in mixer, which I did. Volume quickly goes back to zero, as before. Troubleshooter says :unable to fix all of the issues found.

Problems found:

Low audio volume Not fixed

Audio device muted Not fixed

rabensti, Feb 11, 2020
  3. No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 11, 2020
  4. Increase audio volume

Movie Maker Audio No Sound!

Hi Linka,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand that you are unable to hear audio from the video file in Movie maker. Be rest assured I will provide you with the steps to try and fix the issue.

Method 1:

This could also be the issue if the video files are not supported by Movie maker.

You may convert the format of the video by using a video converter and try again.

To change the audio volume of a music item

• Click the music.

• Under Music Tools, on the Options tab, in the
      Audio group, click Music volume, and then move the slider left to lower the volume or right to increase it.

To change the volume of the audio in a video

• Click the video.

• Under Video Tools, on the Edit tab, in the Audio group, click
      Video volume, and then move the slider left to lower the volume or right to increase it.
    Method 2:

Type "services" in the Windows search box

From the list of services, choose Windows Audio

Stop the service, then

Start the service.

Hope this helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

Increase audio volume

1. Increase audio volume - Similar Threads - Increase audio volume

2. automatic increase sound volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    automatic increase sound volume: automatic increase sound volume https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-increase-sound-volume/f401dd13-4b20-4b5d-9b6d-3e586abd0bd5
  3. Increase Speed of Volume Increase

in Windows 10 Customization
    Increase Speed of Volume Increase: My laptop takes like 10 seconds to go from 0 to 100 volume when I use my laptop's keyboard. How can I reduce that time to 3 seconds for example without jumping values? Like when I use my USB keyboard, it just takes about 2 seconds to go from 0 to 100 with 2 volume increment...
  4. Volume auto increase troubles.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Volume auto increase troubles.: So the other day I bought a JLAB talk microphone and Razer Kraken Tournament Edition headset to replace my older stuff. I plugged both devices in, got the razer drivers installed and everything. Both devices work just fine. Later that night after setting it up, the widget...
  5. Volume increases on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume increases on its own: My laptop was just updated by Windows and it now is constantly turning the volume up. I turn it down, it just turns it right back up. I have tried everything I have seen on other questions and nothing is fixing it. I think it was the update. Please advise. This is using...
  6. increasing the sound volume on the system

in Windows 10 Customization
    increasing the sound volume on the system: How can I turn up the sound... volume on my computer... all seems to be at full but still not loud enough. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/increasing-the-sound-volume-on-the-system/68e232ef-96a9-4079-bef3-203b45276205
  7. Increasing Audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Increasing Audio: I know there is a way to increase audio beyond 100% by applying "Loudness Equalization". But this isnt enough. Is there an application of some sort that can increase audio by a lot? submitted by /u/dustypandayt [link] [comments]...
  8. Volume with batch increase Win10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume with batch increase Win10?: Is there a batch cmd with which you can increase the volume? I've heard that you can use the VK_VOLUME_DOWN VK_VOLUME_UP keys for this but I don't know how Lautstaerke mit Batch erhoehen Win10?
  9. how to increase the microphone volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to increase the microphone volume: How do you increase the volume on the computer. it has very low voume and is not really useful as is. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-increase-the-microphone-volume/6c6138ca-66c9-41a9-b8a5-0e2cafbcead6
  10. Can't increase volume by 1

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't increase volume by 1: Hello, As topic says, I can't increase volume by 1. What do I mean is that my volume increases by 4. For example, everyone is sleeping already and I need to be silent. I want to set my sound to 1 or 2, but my volume goes from 0 to 4. Furthermore... Volume goes 0 to 4,...