Windows 10: Increase File Explorer Text Size without increasing anything else

Discus and support Increase File Explorer Text Size without increasing anything else in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have found a number of items on this topic but as yet have found nothing that solves the problem. It seems that the "text only" options that were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hairy Scot, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Increase File Explorer Text Size without increasing anything else

I have found a number of items on this topic but as yet have found nothing that solves the problem.
    It seems that the "text only" options that were available in earlier builds of Windows 10 have, as happens with most useful features, been phased out in subsequent builds.
    There are one or two third party "font change" solutions but unfortunately those seem to have other undesirable side effects.
    At the moment "Display settings/Change size of text, and other items" seems the best bet but it results in "the other items" being too large for my taste.
    Is there an answer to this problem?

:)

Hairy Scot, Mar 15, 2019
  2. Steve C Win User

How to Increase Explorer Menu Text Size?

Increase File Explorer Text Size without increasing anything else [​IMG]

The above screen shot is the Explorer menu ribbon. How can I increase the text size of the menu ribbon. The settings under Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display have no effect.

Steve C, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Entegy Win User
    increase SMS text size

Unfortunately, you cannot increase the text size, but this has been asked for a lot.

Entegy, Mar 15, 2019
  4. THX1138 Win User

Increase File Explorer Text Size without increasing anything else

How to increase the size of (dialogue?) text

I would like to change the size of text in certain windows. In this screenshot you can see a window with somewhat small text which I would like to enlarge. Ironically, it's explaining my options for increasing the size of text in some situations but it doesn't appear to offer an option to increase the size of itself. This however, is the text I want to increase the size of. I don't spend much time reading titlebars because there isn't a lot to read. There is much more reason to increase the size of text in these dialogues or whatever they're now called.

Increase File Explorer Text Size without increasing anything else [​IMG]

THX1138, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Increase File Explorer Text Size without increasing anything else

1. Increase File Explorer Text Size without increasing anything else - Similar Threads - Increase File Explorer

2. increase in brightness and size of texts

in Windows 10 Customization
    increase in brightness and size of texts: Yesterday all of sudden the laptop brightness just got increased and the texts got huger and brighter, adjusting brightness still doesnt change the brightness of the text its literally hurts my eyes...
  3. increase in brightness and size of texts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    increase in brightness and size of texts: Yesterday all of sudden the laptop brightness just got increased and the texts got huger and brighter, adjusting brightness still doesnt change the brightness of the text its literally hurts my eyes...
  4. increase in brightness and size of texts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Increasing Text Size on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Increasing Text Size on Windows 11: I just got a new computer with Windows 11 installed. I went to Accessibility to up the Text size a bit for my old eyes. I had already lowered the screen resolution to help, Those changes worked fine for File Explorer and most other places but looking at Task Manager, the...
  6. How to increase text size on the icons without increasing icon size as well?

How to increase text size on the icons without increasing icon size as well?: My old eyes don't read the text as readily as I like. I want to increase the text size on the icons without increasing icon size. Is this possible?...
  7. How to increase windows explorer font size without making *everything else* larger

How to increase windows explorer font size without making *everything else* larger: I don't understand the reasoning behind removing the ability to set the display fonts. What was wrong with letting individual users set the font type and size? My eyes aren't getting any younger and the font used in windows explorer is too small at times. I want to make...
  8. How to increase the size of (dialogue?) text

How to increase the size of (dialogue?) text: I would like to change the size of text in certain windows. In this screenshot you can see a window with somewhat small text which I would like to enlarge. Ironically, it's explaining my options for increasing the size of text in some situations but it doesn't appear to offer...
  9. Menu - increase text size

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Menu - increase text size: Hi there I've managed to increase text sizes on most things but the Menu has very small text (It seems ALL I.T people have very good eyesight - on a large monitor I find the standard text size FAR to small to use properly !!). Anybody know how to increase text size of...
  10. How to Increase Explorer Menu Text Size?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Increase Explorer Menu Text Size?: [img] The above screen shot is the Explorer menu ribbon. How can I increase the text size of the menu ribbon. The settings under Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display have no effect. 57899