Windows 10: Increase file name length

Discus and support Increase file name length in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I increase the length available for a file name? For example I have a jpg which I wish to name 'Leonard Cohen Tribute, A Thousand Kisses Deep,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ozgreatDT, Dec 27, 2019.

1. ozgreatDT Win User

Increase file name length

How do I increase the length available for a file name?

For example I have a jpg which I wish to name 'Leonard Cohen Tribute, A Thousand Kisses Deep, The Songs Of Leonard Cohen, Nevada Theatre February 12 & 13, 2016' but I cannot name it beyond 'Leonard Cohen Tribute, A Thousand Kisses Deep, The Songs Of Leo'

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

:)

ozgreatDT, Dec 27, 2019

2. how to increase voice recording length in n73

how to increase voice recording length in n73

dineshgupta111, Dec 27, 2019
  3. Increase ring length before going to voicemail.

Is there a way to increase the length of time the phone rings before going to VM? I find the current length is too short.

WillBerry88, Dec 27, 2019
  4. Increase file name length

Please let me know how to increase the voice recording length in N72

Rajee---01, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

Increase file name length

1. Increase file name length - Similar Threads - Increase file name

2. downloaded mp3 not showing file length. WMP is not showing the file length on downloaded mp3s?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    downloaded mp3 not showing file length. WMP is not showing the file length on downloaded mp3s?: I downloaded mp3s to my desktop so I could put them on my usb drive to listen to in my car. Some of the songs are missing file length so I deleted them and downloaded them again and checked the down load length was there. but when i opened them on my pc the length was missing...
  3. downloaded mp3 not showing file length. WMP is not showing the file length on downloaded mp3s?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    downloaded mp3 not showing file length. WMP is not showing the file length on downloaded mp3s?: I downloaded mp3s to my desktop so I could put them on my usb drive to listen to in my car. Some of the songs are missing file length so I deleted them and downloaded them again and checked the down load length was there. but when i opened them on my pc the length was missing...
  4. Directory Name & File Name Length Limitation Elimination

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Directory Name & File Name Length Limitation Elimination: Dear Microsoft,I really enjoy using and developing software using your products. However, in a current development project, I have an issue that I need to be able to have longer directory names and longer file names, and often times I must shorten the lengths of filenames and...
  5. Directory Name & File Name Length Limitation Elimination

Directory Name & File Name Length Limitation Elimination: Dear Microsoft,I really enjoy using and developing software using your products. However, in a current development project, I have an issue that I need to be able to have longer directory names and longer file names, and often times I must shorten the lengths of filenames and...
  6. Is there any way of sorting all files in a folder by file name length?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way of sorting all files in a folder by file name length?: I was just backing a folder up and it halted because a file name was too long. Why would it care? As if text takes up a lot of space. Anyway, it would be great to be able to sort so I can trim down long file names....
  7. Is there any way of sorting all files in a folder by file name length?

Is there any way of sorting all files in a folder by file name length?: I was just backing a folder up and it halted because a file name was too long. Why would it care? As if text takes up a lot of space. Anyway, it would be great to be able to sort so I can trim down long file names....
  8. File name length & permissible characters and Access right of OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File name length & permissible characters and Access right of OneDrive: I am using OneDrive every day and it works good. However it cannot replace SSD or Hard disk. I have a no of difficulties and seeking advice to minimize the impact on use. What is the max characters of a file name including sub-folders in between? Is there any restriction...
  9. Please increase password length for All microsoft products.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Please increase password length for All microsoft products.: Like for Outlook. Xbox Live. Etc. Also please allow me to use more then 16 letters on Xbox Live User name. At least 16 + 16 = 32. 32 characters. Why you using 16 characters? Are you hiding something? Maybe using outdated methods of security?...
  10. Limited File Name Length Problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Limited File Name Length Problems: Windows 10. I am trying to rename a file with a name that is 92 characters long (letters, numbers, and hyphens). I am copying the name from a file folder name and attempting to past that name as the rename for a jpeg. It cuts off the last thirty Characters. I tried typing the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. increase file name length windows 10

2. Reg edit to increase folder name characters on one line

3. windows file explorer limited to short file name length