Windows 10: Increase font size in Edge?

Discus and support Increase font size in Edge? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Does anyone know of a way to enlarge the fonts on the tabs and favorites bar items? The old eyes are not what they were, and I'd like to bump up the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by sgage, Jun 16, 2016.

1. sgage Win User

Increase font size in Edge?

Does anyone know of a way to enlarge the fonts on the tabs and favorites bar items? The old eyes are not what they were, and I'd like to bump up the size if it's possible. A registry entry? Anything?

TIA

:)

sgage, Jun 16, 2016

2. How to increase font size in Menu and Favorites bar?

how to increase font size in menu and favorite bar

Original title: increase font size

dennisdolce, Jun 16, 2016
  3. Alec Spyrou, Jun 16, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

I haven't found one and have a similar problem with Chrome.

Steve C, Jun 17, 2016
  5. egray Win User
    egray, Jun 18, 2016
  6. No idea for Edge or Chrome, but this can be adjusted in Firefox, either with UserChrome modifications or with an extension, such as Classic Theme Restorer.

<just a suggestion that probably doesn't help if you want to stay with Edge>

MM

MoxieMomma, Jun 18, 2016
  7. sgage Win User
    Yes, I know about scaling, and have applied a degree of it. But that scales everything. And you can individually set font sizes for menus, message boxes, etc., but that doesn't affect Modern Apps - only win32 'Desktop Apps'. I suspect that somewhere in the registry are entries for adjusting the metrics for Modern Apps, but I haven't been able to find any settings dialog that exposes them...

sgage, Jun 19, 2016
  8. sgage Win User

For Chrome and Firefox, and indeed all win32 'Desktop Apps', you can easily adjust the size of menu items, message box items, etc. from the Display Settings. The problem is with Modern Apps (I guess they're calling them 'Trusted Windows Store Apps' now). I can find no way of tweaking the window metrics for these apps...

sgage, Jun 19, 2016
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    Found it..

Increase font size in Edge? [​IMG]

BunnyJ, Jun 19, 2016
  10. Edwin New Member
    I'm not seeing it, Jeff???

Edwin, Jun 19, 2016
  11. BunnyJ New Member
    Lower right hand corner..

BunnyJ, Jun 19, 2016
  12. BunnyJ New Member
    Well.. I just tried it and I guess the font size for this site is being set via the HTML. Or it just doesn't work yet..

BunnyJ, Jun 19, 2016
  13. Edwin New Member

That's just for "Reading View", that won't do anything to the tabs or favorites.

Edwin, Jun 19, 2016
  14. Edwin New Member
    Changing text size and boldness works in FF and others but, does nothing for Edge! *Sad

You'd have to either increase the dpi scaling or modify some Edge manifest somewhere!

Edwin, Jun 19, 2016
  15. sgage Win User
    I've not been able to test it yet (away from my Win10 machine). In any case, it's not the font size of the site I'm worried about - I can generally tweak that any way I want. It's the font size of the window elements - menu/messagebox/favorites, that kind of thing. Edge being a Modern App, it does not respond to the WindowsMetric settings in the registry.

Anyway, I'll check those 'advanced settings' a little later and report back... thanks for the pointer!

sgage, Jun 19, 2016
Thema:

1. Increase font size in Edge? - Similar Threads - Increase font size

2. How to Increase Font Size?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Increase Font Size?: I have W10 home - latest vers - cannot find the right way to ask this question in Help. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-increase-font-size/1fdedf3d-1e44-4b36-be3f-33839cf907d3
  3. How to Increase Font Size?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Increase Font Size?: I have W10 home - latest vers - cannot find the right way to ask this question in Help. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-increase-font-size/1fdedf3d-1e44-4b36-be3f-33839cf907d3
  4. How to Increase Font Size?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Font Size Continually Increasing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font Size Continually Increasing: I installed Windows 11 about a month ago and in the past week I have started having issues with my font size. Weirdly, it only occurs with the text that says "File Explorer" in the top left corner of the file explorer, with the shortcuts on my browser homepage, and with the...
  6. Font Size Continually Increasing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Font Size Continually Increasing: I installed Windows 11 about a month ago and in the past week I have started having issues with my font size. Weirdly, it only occurs with the text that says "File Explorer" in the top left corner of the file explorer, with the shortcuts on my browser homepage, and with the...
  7. Increasing font size in applications?

in Windows 10 Support
    Increasing font size in applications?: Hello all- My first post here, so please be gentle *Wink As I age, the default font in most Windows applications seems to get smaller (funny how that happens). While I work in Word 2019 primarily, I suspect what I want to change may well be controlled through the OS. So, is...
  8. how to increase font size

how to increase font size: How does one increase the font size as a default across applications. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-increase-font-size/44899ef9-731a-4b0e-aafa-484b54aa3e88
  9. Increase system font size!

Increase system font size!: I want to increase this <CENSORED> tiny font in Windows 10! No, I don't want to rescale everything, because then everything is big like hell!. No, increasing Text size only don't affect system font size! Do you know, how hard is to read such tiny letters under 1920 × 1200?!...
  10. Increasing Font Size in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Increasing Font Size in Windows 10?: Hi all, I know this is a very basic question, but I'm still new to Windows 10 so I need some help. I've been really struggling to read the text on my PC screen recently. I've increased the "zoom" amount in my web browsers, but the text in the menus like at the top of the...