Windows 10: Increase SSD space from separate physical drive?

Discus and support Increase SSD space from separate physical drive? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey guys. I'd like to know if it is at all possible to give my SSD more space from a separate physical hard disk? I want to try and increase my SSD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kyle, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Kyle Win User

Increase SSD space from separate physical drive?

Hey guys.

I'd like to know if it is at all possible to give my SSD more space from a separate physical hard disk? I want to try and increase my SSD partition (as it's only a 120GB total SSD) by taking space from a physical hard disk but don't know how to do it if it is at all possible.

:)

2. SChia1 Win User

Increase C drive space

How do I increase C drive space from D drive

SChia1, Apr 25, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    How Can I Get more disk space on my D Drive

Hi Donnes78,

Since your D Drive is a 1TB drive physically separate to the other drives on your PC, you cannot increase the size of that drive.

It is only when a drive is actually a partition on a drive that its size can be increased!

The only thing you can do is clear out some space on that drive if that is possible - I see you use it for games, they take up a lot of space . . .

DaveM121, Apr 25, 2019
  4. Increase SSD space from separate physical drive?

how can I create space on C drive by taking space from a different physical drive?

Sorry, that's a tad technical for me.

So can I or can't I find a way to fool my computer into thinking the C drive has 42GB when in actual fact 10GB of those are "stolen" from a different physical drive? That's what I need to do.

thecynicalmonk, Apr 25, 2019
Thema:

Increase SSD space from separate physical drive?

1. Increase SSD space from separate physical drive? - Similar Threads - Increase SSD space

2. Sudden Space Increase On Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sudden Space Increase On Hard Drive: Hi,I was editing a video when i suddenly noticed that my hard drive's storage went from ~350Gb to 465Gb. I have restarted my PC but its still here, so I'm curious on why this happened. It is not a bad thing at all, I literally wanted to buy a new one as I was running out of...
  3. Sudden Space Increase On Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden Space Increase On Hard Drive: Hi,I was editing a video when i suddenly noticed that my hard drive's storage went from ~350Gb to 465Gb. I have restarted my PC but its still here, so I'm curious on why this happened. It is not a bad thing at all, I literally wanted to buy a new one as I was running out of...
  4. Sudden Space Increase On Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 1 Physical SSD showing up as two separate drives in windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1 Physical SSD showing up as two separate drives in windows 11.: Hi,My laptop SSD is showing up as 2 separate drives. It is one 256GB physical drive SD8SN8U-256G-1006 but it has my storage split into "Local Disk C" and "New Volume D" and it is driving me crazy. Can someone help me recombine these, please? I'll have a reference photo...
  6. 1 Physical SSD showing up as two separate drives in windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    1 Physical SSD showing up as two separate drives in windows 11.: Hi,My laptop SSD is showing up as 2 separate drives. It is one 256GB physical drive SD8SN8U-256G-1006 but it has my storage split into "Local Disk C" and "New Volume D" and it is driving me crazy. Can someone help me recombine these, please? I'll have a reference photo...
  7. Increase C drive Space

Increase C drive Space: Is there a way to add a USB drive space to the C drive on Windows 10. Only have 32GB on C drive so cannot update Windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/increase-c-drive-space/65fb40ff-9391-4c4f-bb83-01992918f36a
  8. Storage Spaces: "Check physical drives" not fixable

Storage Spaces: "Check physical drives" not fixable: Hello, I set up my storage space for 3x4TB HDDs. After a reboot I get this message without any further advice. I can't click on anything so there is no hint on what is wrong. In CrystalDiskInfo all drives are fine. I guess one briefly disconnected USB and now the error...
  9. How to stop Windows from treating the OneDrive directory as a separate physical drive?

How to stop Windows from treating the OneDrive directory as a separate physical drive?: For some reason Windows treats the OneDrive folder as a separate physical drive, so if you try to move files from the OneDrive folder to another location on the same drive (and these files are un-synced, as I will explain below,) it acts like you need additional free space to...
  10. Increase C drive space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Increase C drive space: How do I increase C drive space from D drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/increase-c-drive-space/4fc39454-1d83-4007-9bfd-8e577eb00f64