Windows 10: Increase taskbar icons size without affecting programs

Discus and support Increase taskbar icons size without affecting programs in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've just migrated to W10 after over a decade of W7, and I really can't adapt to everything being so small... If I change the scale ratio in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bersekz, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Bersekz Win User

Increase taskbar icons size without affecting programs

I've just migrated to W10 after over a decade of W7, and I really can't adapt to everything being so small... If I change the scale ratio in the Display Settings, then everything (including programs) gets scaled up, which I don't want. I just want to scale up taskbar icons in a way that keeps programs unaffected.

Icon sizes in W7 and W10 for comparison:

Increase taskbar icons size without affecting programs SuzOqIf.jpg

:)

Bersekz, Jul 8, 2020
  2. Ghot Win User

IF you haven't already done so... Right click Taskbar and choose: Settings

Increase taskbar icons size without affecting programs 3vXhgKL.png

Ghot, Jul 8, 2020
  3. Bersekz Win User

I've just migrated to W10 after over a decade of W7, and I really can't adapt to everything being so small... If I change the scale ratio in the Display Settings, then everything (including programs) gets scaled up, which I don't want. I just want to scale up taskbar icons in a way that keeps programs unaffected.

Icon sizes in W7 and W10 for comparison:

Increase taskbar icons size without affecting programs SuzOqIf.jpg

Bersekz, Jul 8, 2020
  4. Bersekz Win User

I tryed Option 5 here, but it does nothing (programs still open at 125% scaling). Bullet point #2 of the guide has wrong path btw.

The more I browse through the forum posts searching for a solution, the more I find people who think like me (and me).

Bersekz, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Increase taskbar icons size without affecting programs - Similar Threads - Increase taskbar icons

2. Taskbar icon size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar icon size: When I first upgraded to Windows 11, the one problem I had was the size of the icons in the Taskbar. Being visually changed, they were just too small. After some digging, I found a YouTube video by Kevin Stratvert https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RswaXcWWCo0 , that, in five...
  3. Taskbar icon size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar icon size: When I first upgraded to Windows 11, the one problem I had was the size of the icons in the Taskbar. Being visually changed, they were just too small. After some digging, I found a YouTube video by Kevin Stratvert https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RswaXcWWCo0 , that, in five...
  4. Taskbar Icon size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Icon size: Is there anyway Microsoft can include a Taskbar Icon Size adjustment in the settings with an update for Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icon-size/d5e19191-fbf6-4176-ac07-8abca3fb44f1
  5. Taskbar Icon size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Icon size: Is there anyway Microsoft can include a Taskbar Icon Size adjustment in the settings with an update for Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icon-size/d5e19191-fbf6-4176-ac07-8abca3fb44f1
  6. Taskbar Size increases

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Size increases: How do i correct my taskbar size issue after connecting to external monitor as my TV screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-size-increases/26a18262-895a-4bdd-bf84-e4687d8b88f9
  7. How to increase text size on the icons without increasing icon size as well?

How to increase text size on the icons without increasing icon size as well?: My old eyes don't read the text as readily as I like. I want to increase the text size on the icons without increasing icon size. Is this possible?...
  8. How to increase size of icons on taskbar windows 10?

How to increase size of icons on taskbar windows 10?: Just switched to W10 from W7, can't seem to find a way to increase the size of the icons in my taskbar. All the solutions I've found are either 5 or more years old or make other things larger- text, desktop icons, everything. All I want to do is make the Taskbar icons...
  9. App icons increase in size

in Windows 10 Support
    App icons increase in size: The app icons on my PC increase in size every time l turn on my PC. I know how to reset them, right click, click view etc. but why does it keep happening? My google page is ridiculously enlarged and l don't know how to reset that. 68371
  10. How to increase the size of the icons/tiles in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    How to increase the size of the icons/tiles in the taskbar: I have a high resolution screen, so the taskbar seems disproportionately small by default/ In prior versions of Windows I would just increase the taskbar height and icons would adjust in size accordingly, but not so with Windows 10. How can I resize them, or is this deature...