Windows 10: Increase the number "Recent Used in Search Bar"

Discus and support Increase the number "Recent Used in Search Bar" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to view more items in the search bar, as I made it taller there is quite a lot of room for adding another 3/4. Before I sent the feedback... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by StefanoOX, Jul 29, 2021.

1. StefanoOX Win User

Increase the number "Recent Used in Search Bar"

I am trying to view more items in the search bar, as I made it taller there is quite a lot of room for adding another 3/4. Before I sent the feedback to WIndows I thought was worth asking here maybe someone know some trick to fix the issueI ll leave a screen shoot

:)

StefanoOX, Jul 29, 2021

2. How to increase the number of recent files displayed in the task bar?

When you right-click on an application that's pinned to the task bar, it comes up with a list of recent files. Is there a way to increase the number it shows?

It used to be possible to personalise this in previous versions of Windows, but I do't see the same options in Windows 10.

I've looked in Settings > Personalisation > Start, but other than ability to turn it on/off, nothing.

StuBacon82, Jul 29, 2021
  3. Increase recent items list

I would like to increase the size of the recent items list. I find this recommendation in several p0laces:

Note: By default 10 most recent items are shown in Jump List for any application. You can however, change the number from default 10 to something else.
    How to change the number of recent items to display in Jump Lists using Registry edit:
    Press Windows + R keys, type in regedit and press Enter.
    Navigate to:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced
    In the right pane double click on the Start_JumpListItems to modify it.
    Enter a number between 0 to 60.
    Restart the computer.
    Windows 10 Tutorials 81 – Change the Number of Recent Items to Display in Jump Lists

However I have done that and the recent items list stays at 15. How can I increase it?

woldsweather, Jul 29, 2021
  4. Increase the number "Recent Used in Search Bar"

Office 365: How to increase the number of recent files displayed in the task bar?

Back before I upgraded to Office 365, I used a well known regedit hack to increase the number of recent files on the task bar to 30 (I have large monitors).
    Once I installed Office 365, it changed back to 10.

I have looked everywhere to find out how to increase this for Office 365, but cant find one. All my other applications (Corel, AutoCAD, Adobe) still work fine and show up to 30 recent files.

Can you please tell me how to increase the number in Office 365?

Note, I have already increased that number in Office applications, and yes, I can se them once the application is opened, but I want them on the task bar with a simple right click like they should be able to do...

Thanks

MM in Oregon, Jul 29, 2021
Thema:

Increase the number "Recent Used in Search Bar"

1. Increase the number "Recent Used in Search Bar" - Similar Threads - Increase number Recent

2. Searching for a name using a phone number.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Searching for a name using a phone number.: Hello! I'm looking for a way to make a rule where I can have a search engine at the top of my excel sheet. Essentially, I want to search someones phone number and in a separate cell I want it to say their name. Can anyone help me with this? It would be greatly appreciated!...
  3. Searching for a name using a phone number.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Searching for a name using a phone number.: Hello! I'm looking for a way to make a rule where I can have a search engine at the top of my excel sheet. Essentially, I want to search someones phone number and in a separate cell I want it to say their name. Can anyone help me with this? It would be greatly appreciated!...
  4. How To Increase Number of Most Recently Opened Files in Quick Access

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Increase Number of Most Recently Opened Files in Quick Access: Hello: I am currently using Windows Home (10.0.19042 build). In windows-10: file explorer "Quick access" window only shows 20 of the most recently opened files. Is it possible to increase the recently opened files number from 20 to 50? Will I need to change or add a registry...
  5. Increasing The Number Of Quick Access's Recent Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Increasing The Number Of Quick Access's Recent Files: Hi, i've searched everywhere but to no clear answer. I need to increase the number of recent files displayed which is currently limited to 20 files. this window is located in file explorer's Quick Access. I work with lots of files and increasing the number beyond 20 will be a...
  6. Can't use Search Bar.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't use Search Bar.: I can't use the search bar and some search feature in file explorer on my laptop. But in my desktop I can use the search bar beside the start button and everything. Version 2004. submitted by /u/Michael_NSD [link] [comments]...
  7. CAN'T USE SEARCH BAR.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CAN'T USE SEARCH BAR.: I can't use the search bar or even search anything on my laptop. But on my desktop I can use the search bar on the Windows. Version 2004 submitted by /u/Michael_NSD [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gx9pgy/cant_use_search_bar/
  8. Increase number of recent folders in quick access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Increase number of recent folders in quick access: This seems to have been done to death over the years but the interest in pressing MS for an update has waned by the looks of it. I would encourage all interested users to post more regularly about this becasue for those who are file and folder users, this is an important...
  9. unable to use search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    unable to use search bar: Search bar does not work after windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-use-search-bar/9cc6374a-a5fb-417d-b97d-c369b732db06
  10. Increase the number of "Recent files" show in quick access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Increase the number of "Recent files" show in quick access: Hi, in the "Quick access" window it currently shows the 20 most recently opened files. I would like to increase that number to something around 40 or 50. I'm guessing I'll have to do this through the registry, but I don't know where. Any help would be greatly appreciated....