Windows 10: Increase thumbnail size in Windows 10 Explorer

Discus and support Increase thumbnail size in Windows 10 Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys, Mac user here, currently running Windows 10 Pro via Boot Camp on my Mac Pro and a 5K display - LG 27MD5KLB-B 27" Ultrafine @ 5120 x 2880... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kraddock, Feb 3, 2021.

1. kraddock Win User

Increase thumbnail size in Windows 10 Explorer

Hi guys,

Mac user here, currently running Windows 10 Pro via Boot Camp on my Mac Pro and a 5K display - LG 27MD5KLB-B 27" Ultrafine @ 5120 x 2880 resolution.

I am having hard time finding a way to increase the thumbnail size in Explorer beyond the extra large dimensions, which are uselessly small on a 5K display, even on the 200 DPI scaling setting. In macOS, there is a slider that lets you increase the size easily to 512x512px (I think), but I can't find a similar option in Windows 10. Am I missing something, because it's 2021 and the era of High-DPI displays - no way Microsoft overlooked that. Maybe I need an Explorer replacement?

Any help is much appreciated!

Thank you.

:)

kraddock, Feb 3, 2021
  2. jsmin Win User

Windows Explorer crashes and thumbnails problem

Hi, I hope you can help me.
    Windows Explorer is no longer showing thumbnails on files played by Windows Media Player. I've run cmd and regsvr32 shmedia.dll and regsvr32 shimgvw.dll. That seemed to solve the problem...but it created a different one. Now when I try to open a folder on an external hard drive it crashes. I read in an old 2008 post it was an avi file causing the problem and suggested the run cmd regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll. That solved the opening problem but recreated the thumbnail problem. Any help to achieve both functions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jsmin, Feb 3, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 3, 2021
  4. Increase thumbnail size in Windows 10 Explorer

In Windows 10, how can I enlarge thumbnail size?

Even after selecting Extra large icons, the thumbnails are too small for me to discern the images. I completed the steps for:

1. Option 1: 'To Turn On Thumbnail Previews in File Explorer'.
    2. Changing Image Thumbnail Size per this Registry Hack Method.

But my thumbnails have not enlarged.

Greek - Area 51 Proposal, Feb 3, 2021
Thema:

Increase thumbnail size in Windows 10 Explorer

1. Increase thumbnail size in Windows 10 Explorer - Similar Threads - Increase thumbnail size

2. Increase size of search window

in Cortana
    Increase size of search window: Hello, I am facing the issue of getting a search box like this [ATTACH] But I want it like this [ATTACH] can You please help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/increase-size-of-search-window/15e46f98-73f3-47e7-9698-2ba92af396aa
  3. Does increasing the page size increase performance in windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does increasing the page size increase performance in windows 10 ?: Or what other options to increase performance submitted by /u/Sincjefe [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ji4x7k/does_increasing_the_page_size_increase/
  4. Max File Explorer Thumbnail Image Size?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Max File Explorer Thumbnail Image Size?: [ATTACH] While set to \"Extra Large Icons\", the Thumbnail size remains the same as \"Large Icons\" while spacing simply grows I have performed the following: Did the obvious File Explorer->View Ribbon->Extra Large Icons but all it does is change the size of spacing...
  5. Thumbnail file size goes on increasing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnail file size goes on increasing: I am using Windows 10 Pro 64bit (v 1903). I noticed that my thumbnails file size keeps on increasing. Usually it used to be 15 to 30 MB. But since I installed version 1803, I noticed this abnormal issue. I keep on deleting the thumbnails file but again it goes on increasing...
  6. Increase File Explorer Text Size without increasing anything else

in Windows 10 Support
    Increase File Explorer Text Size without increasing anything else: I have found a number of items on this topic but as yet have found nothing that solves the problem. It seems that the "text only" options that were available in earlier builds of Windows 10 have, as happens with most useful features, been phased out in subsequent builds....
  7. Restore File Explorer Default Thumbnail size

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restore File Explorer Default Thumbnail size: Hello, I am using Win10pro v1803 bld 17134.407 All my picture thumbnails in explorer are converting to square format from the very nice original aspect ratio. This may have started with my recent system updates a few days ago. Can I put them back to the...
  8. Windows 10 and 768x768 thumbnail size?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 and 768x768 thumbnail size?: Hi Everyone, I'm not sure if this is something coming to windows 10 or if its there but not available on my system. I was under the impression with windows 10 came the extra extra large icon sizes (512 and 768) to better support higher resolution displays. I have a 980ti...
  9. How to Increase Explorer Menu Text Size?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Increase Explorer Menu Text Size?: [img] The above screen shot is the Explorer menu ribbon. How can I increase the text size of the menu ribbon. The settings under Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display have no effect. 57899
  10. Increasing Font Size in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Increasing Font Size in Windows 10?: Hi all, I know this is a very basic question, but I'm still new to Windows 10 so I need some help. I've been really struggling to read the text on my PC screen recently. I've increased the "zoom" amount in my web browsers, but the text in the menus like at the top of the...