Windows 10: Increase transfer speed of windows file transfer (SMB)

Discus and support Increase transfer speed of windows file transfer (SMB) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have setup a shared drive so I can access my files with my Android devices but the transfer speed is very slow around 500 KB - 1.5 MB per second. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by evildog1, Nov 10, 2017.

1. evildog1 Win User

Increase transfer speed of windows file transfer (SMB)

I have setup a shared drive so I can access my files with my Android devices but the transfer speed is very slow around 500 KB - 1.5 MB per second. My QNAP NAS that also using SMB is transfering very fast up to 12 MB/s. Can i increase transfer speed of SMB?

:)

evildog1, Nov 10, 2017

2. Bluetooth 3.0 in the Nokia N8. Really?

I bought a BT3.0 dongle specifically to enjoy the increased speeds. I attached it on a different computer than the one with BT2.1 and measured the transfer speed.

I bought a BT3.0 dongle specifically to enjoy the increased speeds. I attached it on a different computer than the one with BT2.1 and measured the transfer speed.

The difference was a joke! The transfer speed went from 160 kB/s to 200 kB/s!!! There are no tangible/real world benefits from the touted BT3.0 support! I would call that deceptive advertising, unless Nokia can show that using a specific BT dongle one can
    reach a respectable percentage of the theoretical 24Mbps speed.

Oyabun---01, Nov 10, 2017
  3. N95 8GB SUPER SLOW USB TRANSFER PROBLEM

Well the MAPS issue is different as the speed is affected by the Speed of the MAPS server, and NOT the transfer speed of USB.

The speed of the USB in FILE TRANSFER or MASS STORAGE MODE or MUSIC TRANSFER is about 700-800 KBps (that's kilo bytes). So 700 MB should take about 17 mins and not 2 hours.

If you are using PC Suite or Bluetooth, then you getter do the transfers overnight as they do take a loooong time.

Bottom line, use File Transfer or Music Transfer (Windows Media Player is needed) to tranfer music or other files.

el_loco---01, Nov 10, 2017
  4. cereberus Win User

Android smb shares are always slow.

I use Fast File Transfer which when in wifi direct mode gets up to 5 MB/s but have never managed to get more. This uses http protocol rather than smb.

Fast file transfer app is in google playstore and easy to use. Nothing is needed on pc side - all done from a browser.

In the end, usb tethering is quickest way.

cereberus, Nov 10, 2017
  5. sml156 Win User
    sml156, Nov 11, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    You cannot change them, only the two devices can. Mobile devices are going to end up with a permanent choke point when doing transfers, because it needs to do more CRC checksums between each packet, along with the Wifi Access Point has a lot to deal with being able to properly transfer the packets without a lot of FEC or CRC errors.

bro67, Nov 11, 2017
  7. cereberus Win User
    OP - this really will not help smb transfers to android devices. Android devices maxium wifi speed is normally limited to 72Mbps ie 8 MB/s. As with all speeds, that is the maximum theoretical burst speed and real world average speed is around 50-70% of that. Fast file transfer app reaches around 4-5 MB/s which is probably about as fast as you are ever going to get.

You can analyse your maximum wifi lan speed using

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/pzole...r-android/amp/

cereberus, Nov 11, 2017
  8. evildog1 Win User

I'm not always on pc all the time and this are more complicated. I like the way to get quick access to my PC drives without having to turn on/off whatever

Nah I have 5 GHz wifi and it's faster than you expected. SMB on my NAS works 2 times better than Windows. Since my NAS have an app that syncs my whole files between PC and NAS continuously, i'm using that method instead and access my files in my NAS without having to keep my pc on. much much better.

Problem solved *Smile

Increase transfer speed of windows file transfer (SMB) [​IMG]

evildog1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Increase transfer speed of windows file transfer (SMB) - Similar Threads - Increase transfer speed

2. Slow copy and file transfer speeds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow copy and file transfer speeds: 35,000 files 1.7gb. Taking days to transfer/copy. Ridiculously slow. No information regarding the exact mb/s or kb/s. It's 2024 can we speed it up a little Microsoft?...
  3. Slow copy and file transfer speeds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow copy and file transfer speeds: 35,000 files 1.7gb. Taking days to transfer/copy. Ridiculously slow. No information regarding the exact mb/s or kb/s. It's 2024 can we speed it up a little Microsoft?...
  4. Transfer speeds drops!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer speeds drops!!!: Starts off at 500mb/s, then drops to 300-400 which is understandable. But problem is when after it is at half, it drops drastically to 40mb/s and fluctuates there between 30 to 90. I am using 512 gb nvme m2 ssd. windows 10. and i am transferring those files from C drive to D...
  5. Transfer speeds drops!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer speeds drops!!!: Starts off at 500mb/s, then drops to 300-400 which is understandable. But problem is when after it is at half, it drops drastically to 40mb/s and fluctuates there between 30 to 90. I am using 512 gb nvme m2 ssd. windows 10. and i am transferring those files from C drive to D...
  6. Transfer speeds drops!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Data transfer speeds

in Windows 10 Support
    Data transfer speeds: Morning all. Opinions needed, please... Is it best to simply install a USB 3.0 card into my computer (connect various USB drives to it), or buy a QNAP TS-231P for storage and backups? The USB 3.0 would be quicker for data transfer, versus the QNAP over LAN, no? PS: I...
  8. Speed up USB3 File Transfer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Speed up USB3 File Transfer: I was copying some large Hyper-V vhds to an external ssd from an internal ssd via usb3, and I was getting a sedate 130 MBS even through the ssds can handle close to 500 MB/S and USB3 can handle up to 480 MB/s. Of course, we all know that in the real world, you are lucky if...
  9. NAS transfer speeds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NAS transfer speeds: Whats a good speed for transferring files from PC to NAS? I am currently transferring a single large file from the PC to the NAS and its getting a speed of around 20mb/s. The connection between me and the NAS is powerline 1200 with gigabit ports and cat 6 cables. The route...
  10. File Transfer Speed Extremely Low

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File Transfer Speed Extremely Low: Hi. I was trying to copy a 2gb file over to another folder, and the transfer speed dropped down to kilobytes or even bytes per second. Sometimes, however, it wildly fluctuates all over the place - from 4KB/s to 50MB/s. How can I fix this? Thanks. 76291

Users found this page by searching for:

1. increase file transfer speed windows 10

2. use SMB to increase speed

3. how to speed up smb media sharing from windows 10 computer

4. nas smb wifi share speed transfer,
  5. increase smb speed,
  6. INCREASE small file transfer windows smb,
  7. windows 10 slow transfer speed smb,
  8. Increase transfer speed of windows file transfer (SMB)