Windows 10: Increase your mechanical drive (HDD) performance .

Discus and support Increase your mechanical drive (HDD) performance . in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Here are some hints for the proud owners of HDDs & SSHDs to increase their hard drive performance since even the best of systems might have a secondary... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by nIGHTmAYOR, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Increase your mechanical drive (HDD) performance .

Here are some hints for the proud owners of HDDs & SSHDs to increase their hard drive performance since even the best of systems might have a secondary one of those , which might act as a system bottle neck to a point :

1 - It is better to have your manufacturer driver for SATA controller (Often referred to as Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver or RST Raid by manufacturers) in "Device Manager > IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers" no matter how old it is , if windows persist to update it to a different version you may well have to tick "System Properties > Hardware > Device Installation Settings" to No to stop Microsoft from installing its own crippled drivers .

2 - Often check in idle times "Disk Usage" (sometimes Disk) in "Task Manager" , it should be at 0% for elongated spans , fluctuating disk usage at idle time are usually caused by either poorly designed Antiviruses , crazy Superfetch service or use of system Swap , if present you should fix that by swapping Antivirus by a more calm one or nagging your current one's support for a fix , disable Superfetch service , finally note that 8 GB Ram + is the norm nowadays any less and the Swap file abuse may surface . (If you are wondering as of why you should do this it is simply because the reading header of the mechanical disk will be stressed trying to process/copy files you are currently using and yet do the other Antivirus or OS disk activities at the same time which would slow it down significantly) .

3 - Schedule your system to defrag over night , clustered data leave the reading headers stressed trying to collect data from different clusters than if it was in sequential order .

4 - Sometimes windows do a suspicious habit of downloading updates in background without that showing in system until they are ready to install , this might cause the system to show some lag while processing something or playing games , if you are not very fond of that habit you may well set your internet connection to a "Metered" which would inhibit that & increase your disk performance yet remember to do manual checks for updates from time to time .

5 - System restore was initially designed to trigger on schedule but since systems might be off at scheduled times it often runs out of random during user activity , I can not recommend shutting it off despite I often do , but as a hint , when this beast is on , expect everything to slow down not just hard drives .

:)

nIGHTmAYOR, Oct 1, 2018
  2. little cat, Oct 1, 2018
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Oct 1, 2018
  4. Increase your mechanical drive (HDD) performance .

HDD Corrupt ?

Hi,

There are many possible reasons this issue is happening. We'd like to ask few questions below:

• What is the brand name of you Hard Disk Drive?
    • How old is the HDD?
    Since you already tried multiple troubleshooting steps, we suggest visiting the manufacturer's website. Find and download a hard drive diagnostic software to help resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

Increase your mechanical drive (HDD) performance .

1. Increase your mechanical drive (HDD) performance . - Similar Threads - Increase mechanical drive

2. Increase system performance

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Increase system performance: I'm using HP laptop with window 10. My lap is taking too much time to open any apps or windows while i'm using it. I tried many tips by following some youtube videos but doesn't work for me. Kindly suggest me to improve my system performance like new laptop....
  3. windows 10 increase performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 increase performance: so for gaming in low end pc we can install feature called warp Windows Advanced Rasterization Platform and i don't know how to install it please can anyone help me...
  4. Hard drive space turning into power / performance to increase your computers performance

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive space turning into power / performance to increase your computers performance: This is just a theory, but If you invented a computer that could transfer physical memory into cpu ram or gpu memory, could you theoretically improve performance and have "infinite" performance if you have ssd's or usb's in this theoretical computer? I'm no programmer I have...
  5. Cloned Mechanical HDD Drive to a SSD Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cloned Mechanical HDD Drive to a SSD Issue: [ATTACH] Hello all, I'm not up to date on the current things of PC's. I use to build them way back when a 100MB drive was $100 USD if that tells you anything, LOL! Anyway, I cloned a Seagate BarraCuda HDD to a Samsung 850 EVO SSD a few years ago and it has made it to...
  6. Increasing SSD performance?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Increasing SSD performance?: Hi, I just migrated from an old intel 240GB SSD to a newer Samsung EVO 860 1TB SSD. This is the 5GB benchmark I did: https://ibb.co/wLcpw5V I saw some get much higher 4K-64Thrd on the read and write. See here for example:...
  7. Your Phone Companion showing Suspended to increase system performance

Your Phone Companion showing Suspended to increase system performance: When phone companion shows it will not connect to my phone and I must once again type with large fingers on a tiny keyboard. As there away to exempt the phone companion app. and once is suspended how do I unsuspend it....
  8. How to increase gaming performance

How to increase gaming performance: Sir I'm using windows 10 with core i3 7th generation 8gb ram and 2.4ghz speed and 2 gb nvidia mx110 graphics card i need suggestions to how to improve gaming performance of my laptop...
  9. Increase Gaming Performance?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Increase Gaming Performance?: So my i7-8700K just arrived and I’m a little disappointed with my Gaming PC’s performance. My GPU’s usage hovers around 60% and Shadow of War’s FPS dips down into the 20’s at times. Black Desert averages around 12 FPS... Does anyone have any tips regarding how to boost...
  10. Microsoft: DirectX 12 will increase your graphics performance by...

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft: DirectX 12 will increase your graphics performance by...: Microsoft: DirectX 12 will increase your graphics performance by an additional 20 percent Microsoft has said previously that its upcoming DirectX 12 API will make your PC more efficient. Now we know by how much: just by using DirectX, executives said, you'll see an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. superfetch hdd or mechanical