Windows 10: Increased boot time after windows update

Discus and support Increased boot time after windows update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently i upgrdaded from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro edition on my lenovo legion y540 laptop which is a high end pc and has only been used for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KeshavChauhan, Jun 2, 2021.

1. Increased boot time after windows update

Recently i upgrdaded from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro edition on my lenovo legion y540 laptop which is a high end pc and has only been used for less than a year. Prior to update, the boot time was very less. But now there is a loading icon under legion symbol which goes on gor 1-2 mind and then a please wait screen before coming to the login screen. Also there are random freezes and lags and apps doesnt respond at times.If anybody could tell what can i do about this ?Should i reinstall windows 10 home again ?

:)

KeshavChauhan, Jun 2, 2021

2. FAST boot time increased by 6 seconds

Hi Timothy,

Welcome to Microsoft community.

To disable the Windows splash screen that shows the process of Windows loading as it is starting follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + R, type msconfig and press enter.
    • Click the Boot tab.
    • In the Boot tab check the "No GUI boot" option.
    • Click Ok and the next time Windows starts the loading Windows splash screen should not appear.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jun 2, 2021
  3. Callender Win User
    PC boot time suddenly increases

Defender isn't the problem. That's normal.

I see a few things including:

Increased boot time after windows update [​IMG]

Check for updates for that and install if found.

Then you've got a few other apps starting.

Suggest delaying startup for the above plus Everything, Glasswire, Nexus and see if that makes any difference.

You can do that with:

Autorun Organizer 4.41 - Free Advanced Startup Manager for Windows

Also turn off anything you don't actually need in startup.

Disable Everything start on boot from within options.

You can create an Elevated Shorcut for that instead if you have Winaero Tweaker installed. If you don't have it I could send you the portable app that I use to create Elevated Shortcuts.

Callender, Jun 2, 2021
  4. Increased boot time after windows update

Boot time increases on disabling hibernation

Hibernation was off before the update. The update did not change anything but increased the boot time. It took me several hours to detect the issue. Lately I observed that as soon as I disable Hibernation boot time increases. And again if I re-enable hibernation
    boot time decreases. So there is a glitch with Windows 10 Anniversary Update as I have tested this on two different system after full format with no other applications installed at the time of testing.

Subhadeep Kanungo, Jun 2, 2021
Thema:

Increased boot time after windows update

1. Increased boot time after windows update - Similar Threads - Increased boot update

2. Windows Boot time increased after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Boot time increased after update: My Windows boot time increased after update from few seconds to minutes. I dual boot Ubuntu on my SSD and Windows on my NVMe, both Samsung. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-boot-time-increased-after-update/c139dc5e-c780-440d-b399-571b5604882c
  3. Windows Boot time increased after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Boot time increased after update: My Windows boot time increased after update from few seconds to minutes. I dual boot Ubuntu on my SSD and Windows on my NVMe, both Samsung. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-boot-time-increased-after-update/c139dc5e-c780-440d-b399-571b5604882c
  4. Windows Boot time increased after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Increase in Booting time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Increase in Booting time: Hi,I am a windows 11 user and recently i downloaded some softwares like epic games , plarium playa game , started to download hitman starter pack from XBOX but stopped it in between , Grand RP..just after downloading all these and setting up i deleted them all completely for...
  6. Increase in Booting time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Increase in Booting time: Hi,I am a windows 11 user and recently i downloaded some softwares like epic games , plarium playa game , started to download hitman starter pack from XBOX but stopped it in between , Grand RP..just after downloading all these and setting up i deleted them all completely for...
  7. Diagnosing increased boot times?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Diagnosing increased boot times?: What are the best methods for diagnosing increased boot times? I have an Asus Vivobook laptop purchased new in January; boot times when new were about 10-15 seconds from power on to the lock screen. However, this has now increased to 40 seconds.I have tried the following: -...
  8. Shutdown time increases after windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Shutdown time increases after windows update: I have bought HP ENVY x360 laptop last week. It was working fine but after applying windows update the shutdown time increases to 5 minutes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shutdown-time-increases-after-windows-update/23111acf-1de7-4596-b68c-e19c705b7310
  9. Boot time increase

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot time increase: Hey guys, a few days ago I had to use my gigabyte's backup bios due to corruption, and now my pc takes upto a minute to boot instead of about 10-15 seconds. (stays on gigabyte screen till boot). Any ideas? 55114
  10. Boot time significantly Increased

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot time significantly Increased: Hello Guy and Gals , My system used to boot up Quite Fast ( almost instantly SSD Drive C ), i added a hard drive and noticed a significant increase in my boot up time , the drive i added , i decided that i would not use it ( Not Big Enough ), so i removed it, I then...