Windows 10: Increasing RDP connection resolution over the recommended resolution

Discus and support Increasing RDP connection resolution over the recommended resolution in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Is it possible to increase trough an RDP session to a laptop, the resolution above the native resolution of the laptop? If so could it damage the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DiegoTrd, Sep 7, 2019.

1. DiegoTrd Win User

Increasing RDP connection resolution over the recommended resolution

Hi,

Is it possible to increase trough an RDP session to a laptop, the resolution above the native resolution of the laptop? If so could it damage the laptop?

For example if the laptop has a maximum (Recommended) resolution of 1366 x 768, using 1920x1080 on the RDP connection?

Thanks

Diego

:)

DiegoTrd, Sep 7, 2019
  2. Jomel Ber Win User

Increasing mirrored screen resolution

Hi Sam,

To further assist you, we would like to know what is the make and model of your HD TV? We also suggest that you check if there's an option to change the resolution through your TV.

You can also follow these steps on how to adjust screen resolution through Control Panel:

• Open Control Panel, under Appearance and Personalization, click
      Adjust screen resolution.
    • Click the name of your HD TV, then click the drop down for Resolution.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Sep 7, 2019
  3. jjwong1 Win User
    1920 X 1080 is not on recommended resolution list

my monitor has 1920 X 1080 resolution, but 1920 X 1080 is not on recommended resolution list. how can I get 1920 X 1080 resolution listed?

jjwong1, Sep 7, 2019
  4. Increasing RDP connection resolution over the recommended resolution

Monitor resolution

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with screen resolution. I will try to help you in fixing the issue.

To help you suggest more steps to resolve the issue, I would appreciate if you could answer the following questions:

What exactly happens when you try to change the screen resolution? Do you get any error message?

The recommended resolution on windows 10 is 1920 x 1080. Change the resolution to 1920 x 1080 and check.

The reason why your display was stretched sideways is because the resolution was in-corrected.

Here are the steps to change the screen resolution:

• Right Click the Desktop and select
      Screen Resolution.
    • Click the Make text and other items larger or smaller link.
    • In the Change only the text size section click the
      drop down menu
      to select the items you want to change.
    Hope the information was helpful

Nachappa C K, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

Increasing RDP connection resolution over the recommended resolution

1. Increasing RDP connection resolution over the recommended resolution - Similar Threads - Increasing RDP connection

2. screen resolution increase

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen resolution increase: i have hp 450 HP ProBook Processor Core i7-8550U, Memory 8GB, Storage 256ssd, Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 930MX 2GB, Display 15.6" HD, FreeDoS Help Tech Co. Ltd. can i increase it from 1366 x 726 to 1366 x 1080...
  3. screen resolution increase

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screen resolution increase: i have hp 450 HP ProBook Processor Core i7-8550U, Memory 8GB, Storage 256ssd, Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 930MX 2GB, Display 15.6" HD, FreeDoS Help Tech Co. Ltd. can i increase it from 1366 x 726 to 1366 x 1080...
  4. Recommended display resolution is wrong

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recommended display resolution is wrong: When I open Display settings and go to Scale and Layout the recommended resolution is 1024 x 768. I got this problem with my old pc and also with my new one so I don't think its a hardware issue, unless its the monitor, anything I can do to fix this? This issue stops me from...
  5. Recommended resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recommended resolution: Hi,I recently finished building my new PC and successfully installed Windows on it. However, the resolution is set to 1366x768. I change it to 1920x1080 but the display is zoomed in to the center slightly. I fix this issue by going into the graphics settings and manually set...
  6. Recommended Resolution lower than the highest resolution

Recommended Resolution lower than the highest resolution: I am using windows 10 pro with AMD rx 570updated driver and in the settings it is showing that the recommended resolutions to be 1024x768 instead of 1920x1080. I of course will prefer to use the latter resolution so should I continue using at the highest resolution and ignore...
  7. Increase resolution beyond maximum without getting "Resolution unsupported"

Increase resolution beyond maximum without getting "Resolution unsupported": Hi i need to increase resolution beyond the maximumof 1360x768 i am running an intel graphics 4000 igpu Windows 10 1909 i7-3770 is it possable to go beyond that Image sharpness doesnt matter i just need to increase the resolution Thanks in advance...
  8. Recommended Resolution in Windows 10

Recommended Resolution in Windows 10: Hello, Which one should we choose? Why lower resolution is recommended? Laptop model is: K540u and GPU is Geforce MX 120 [ATTACH] Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recommended-resolution-in-windows-10/ec291fb9-d2bf-436d-8a30-500232eebbff
  9. 1360*768 resolution not available .screen looking streched with recommended resolution

1360*768 resolution not available .screen looking streched with recommended resolution: 1360*768 resolution not available .screen looking stretched with recommended resolution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/1360768-resolution-not-available-screen-looking/effb3f71-df7f-49cb-bc43-d9c054fba4e4
  10. Resolution dropped - and no option to increase

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Resolution dropped - and no option to increase: I have a PC with an NVIDIA GTX 560 Ti graphics card, and use a Samsung S23C650 monitor . This is normally set to resolution of 1920 x 1080 Today I run IOBIT driver update - and it updated some drivers ... and now my screen resolution is way off ... set to 1024 x 768. If...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 2019 increase maximum rdp connection

2. windows 10 rdp windows 1024 x 768

3. rdp resolution above 1920