Windows 10: Increasing The Number Of Quick Access's Recent Files

Discus and support Increasing The Number Of Quick Access's Recent Files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, i've searched everywhere but to no clear answer. I need to increase the number of recent files displayed which is currently limited to 20 files.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Joseph Adidas, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Increasing The Number Of Quick Access's Recent Files

Hi, i've searched everywhere but to no clear answer. I need to increase the number of recent files displayed which is currently limited to 20 files. this window is located in file explorer's Quick Access. I work with lots of files and increasing the number beyond 20 will be a relief for me. please no folder pinning and other workaround.

Is there a way to do that?

I'm using Windows 10 Pro

Thank you very much.

:)

Joseph Adidas, Aug 30, 2020
  2. D Sarkar Win User

Increase number of recent folders in quick access

Is there a way to increase number of recent folders in quick access?

Currently I can see 30, but it would be extremely helpful to increase this number due to the number of folder I access daily.

Thank you in advance for your response.

D Sarkar, Aug 30, 2020
  3. Increase number of recent folders in quick access

Just to be clear, there is not a way to increase number of recent folders in quick access?

Is that correct?

The problem is that the more folders you pin here the less recent history you see.

Thank you for your help!

Joshua Trimmell, Aug 30, 2020
  4. bb_aes Win User

Increasing The Number Of Quick Access's Recent Files

Increase number of recent folders in quick access

Unbelievable, going on two years and Microsoft still will not answer such a simple question, even though every few months someone else repeats the same question. How can Microsoft survive with such horrible support???

I again will ask the same question - How does one increase the number of folders or files displayed in the "quick access" list? If increasing that is another simple task that Windows still has not provided, at least tell us that, Microsoft!!!

bb_aes, Aug 30, 2020
Thema:

Increasing The Number Of Quick Access's Recent Files

1. Increasing The Number Of Quick Access's Recent Files - Similar Threads - Increasing Number Quick

2. Quick Access & Recent files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access & Recent files: Hi i want to increase the number of "recent files" shown in the quick access function to more than 20, ideally 50. I don't want workarounds or rely on me pinning things, I just want to see more than 20 recent files. The current limit is a hindrance to my work as 20 files...
  3. How To Increase Number of Most Recently Opened Files in Quick Access

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Increase Number of Most Recently Opened Files in Quick Access: Hello: I am currently using Windows Home (10.0.19042 build). In windows-10: file explorer "Quick access" window only shows 20 of the most recently opened files. Is it possible to increase the recently opened files number from 20 to 50? Will I need to change or add a registry...
  4. On Windows Taskbar - Increase Number of Recent Files Shown in Right Click Quick Access

in Windows 10 Customization
    On Windows Taskbar - Increase Number of Recent Files Shown in Right Click Quick Access: I recently upgraded Office thick client on my laptop. Believe I was upgraded to Office Pro Plus. When opening an office file, I right click on the pinned office program on the taskbar. Then select a recently opened file. After the upgrade to Pro Plus, the number of...
  5. Help: Increase Quick Access Files List?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help: Increase Quick Access Files List?: I love Quick Access, but I hate how limited the number of items it shows. Is there anyway I can increase this? All the Google hits seems to either be about getting rid of quick access, or increasing jump lists. I think increasing quick access doesn't seem like an outrageous...
  6. Increase number of recent folders in quick access

Increase number of recent folders in quick access: This seems to have been done to death over the years but the interest in pressing MS for an update has waned by the looks of it. I would encourage all interested users to post more regularly about this becasue for those who are file and folder users, this is an important...
  7. recent files and folders, quick access

recent files and folders, quick access: hello all, just wondering if this is a setting that i have missed. but i really like the recent files and folders feature, I.E; recent files opened are displayed when right clicking Adobe PDF, Word, Excel, ect ect on task-bar and also recent folders shown by right...
  8. Increase the number of "Recent files" show in quick access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Increase the number of "Recent files" show in quick access: Hi, in the "Quick access" window it currently shows the 20 most recently opened files. I would like to increase that number to something around 40 or 50. I'm guessing I'll have to do this through the registry, but I don't know where. Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  9. How to increase number of items/shortcuts in quick access

in Windows 10 Support
    How to increase number of items/shortcuts in quick access: By default, quick access only shows the most recent 20 files opened, but I have a 4k monitor and can fit a lot more than that on the screen, so was just wondering if there would be a way to choose a custom number, say, 60 recent items or even 100? 79173
  10. Recent file or folders in Quick Access

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent file or folders in Quick Access: I have browsed through Add or Remove Frequent folders from Quick access in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials However it is not clear to me, how I may keep only the normal items, but not continually add "recent" items. Sorry if this seems a stupid thread, but...