Windows 10: Increasing Vram in Regedit, any down sides?

Discus and support Increasing Vram in Regedit, any down sides? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I'm reviewing this 3D scanner for my YouTube channel and I'd like to use it with my laptop rather than my desktop. On my laptop the scanner software... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by philnolan3d, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Increasing Vram in Regedit, any down sides?

So I'm reviewing this 3D scanner for my YouTube channel and I'd like to use it with my laptop rather than my desktop. On my laptop the scanner software says there's not enough video memory. I found a YouTube video that explains pretty well how to increase this in the registry. I was wondering if there's any down side to doing that, like could it harm the laptop?

It's a 2017 HP Envy x360 2-in-1, 16GB ram. Intel UHD graphics.

Display Adapter properties says
    Total Available Graphics Memory: 8256 MB
    Dedicated Video Memory: 128MB

The scanner software I want to use says it requires minimum 2GB Video ram.

Here's the video tutorial I found.
    https://youtu.be/H8CXfCOrvOs

This whole thing bugs me since I mainly use my laptop for 3D animation, sculpting, modeling, etc. So the software should work fine to my knowledge.

:)

philnolan3d, Sep 30, 2020
  2. atl4nz Win User

Increase VRAM

My laptop comes with 128mgb of VRAM, which means it cant support most games that need more vram. I upgraded it to 512 VRAM using the regedit technique: is there any way to make it higher than that?

atl4nz, Sep 30, 2020
  3. Increase VRAM

i am currently using pc have vram memory is 256 mb ,, my pc have 3gb RAM can i increase the VRAM 256 to 512?? HOW?

MahendaranUnnithan.M, Sep 30, 2020
  4. Increasing Vram in Regedit, any down sides?

Increasing vram

I have a toshiba satellite i5 Intel graphics and 16gb ram windows 10

how can I increase my vram

SolomomDarko, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

Increasing Vram in Regedit, any down sides?

1. Increasing Vram in Regedit, any down sides? - Similar Threads - Increasing Vram Regedit

2. Vram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vram: mi pc comparte demasiada ram con la grafica fisica y eso hace que vaya lento todos los juegos, un rato jugando y mi ram se satura y empieza a ir lento todo, alguna solucion pls? llevo mucho tiempo buscando en foros y de todo y aun no consigo arreglar...
  3. Dedicated vram is not increasing after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dedicated vram is not increasing after update: Am using asus laptop and I was happily playing heavy games on it but after the windows update am unable to increase the vram before I used to increase it 512 mb but now it just showing 128 mb and while playing games like gta 5 it lags please anyone help...
  4. Increase VRAM

in Windows 10 Customization
    Increase VRAM: My laptop comes with 128mgb of VRAM, which means it cant support most games that need more vram. I upgraded it to 512 VRAM using the regedit technique: is there any way to make it higher than that?...
  5. Windows 10 Home increasing vram?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Home increasing vram?: I’m not sure if this is the right place to ask, but recently I’ve been trying to optimise windows 10 for gaming and I looked at ways to increase my dedicated video ram but all of the ways require bios and registry editor which don’t work for home edition. I was wondering if...
  6. Trying to increase border width and regedit not working

Trying to increase border width and regedit not working: Hi all, I am a brand new user of W10. I am trying really hard to get used to it, but not doing well and getting really frustrated. Right now I am trying to increase the size of the borders of the windows and have followed several sets of directions telling me to go to...
  7. VRAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VRAM: I have hp 15q laptop with i3 processor and intel hd graphics 620 I want to increase VRAM of my laptop can you please help me for that its 128 mb i want to increase it to 1024mb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vram/ec594ee2-30bb-41fe-89d8-05a5c9bb57bf
  8. Increase VRAM on Bootcamp-ed Mac

Increase VRAM on Bootcamp-ed Mac: My computer uses Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 and says my total graphics memory is 4156MB and dedicated vram is 128, I want to increase this but I am on a mac running windows, also known as bootcamp. I cannot run BIOS because my motherboard only supports UEFI, but when I go...
  9. Will program work with Dedicated vram increase?

Will program work with Dedicated vram increase?: Im looking to buy/use Pinnacle Studio with a new laptop that has 128gb vram. I increased the dedicated vram to 1280 gb. I’d like to run Pinnacle Studio on it which requires 256gb of vram. Will i be ok to buy the program and run it? Or will the dedicated vram loophole not work...
  10. VRAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    VRAM: i see in setting of pes 18 VRAM = 2746.9 GB that can be possible ? and the game is not open end what is the solution? Windows 10 (64 bit) Intel Core i7 8 Go de RAM...