Windows 10: Increasing Vram in Regedit, any down sides?

Discus and support Increasing Vram in Regedit, any down sides? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I'm reviewing this 3D scanner for my YouTube channel and I'd like to use it with my laptop rather than my desktop. On my laptop the scanner software... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by philnolan3d, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Increasing Vram in Regedit, any down sides?

So I'm reviewing this 3D scanner for my YouTube channel and I'd like to use it with my laptop rather than my desktop. On my laptop the scanner software says there's not enough video memory. I found a YouTube video that explains pretty well how to increase this in the registry. I was wondering if there's any down side to doing that, like could it harm the laptop?

It's a 2017 HP Envy x360 2-in-1, 16GB ram. Intel UHD graphics.

Display Adapter properties says
    Total Available Graphics Memory: 8256 MB
    Dedicated Video Memory: 128MB

The scanner software I want to use says it requires minimum 2GB Video ram.

Here's the video tutorial I found.
    https://youtu.be/H8CXfCOrvOs

This whole thing bugs me since I mainly use my laptop for 3D animation, sculpting, modeling, etc. So the software should work fine to my knowledge.

:)

philnolan3d, Sep 30, 2020
  2. atl4nz Win User

Increase VRAM

My laptop comes with 128mgb of VRAM, which means it cant support most games that need more vram. I upgraded it to 512 VRAM using the regedit technique: is there any way to make it higher than that?

atl4nz, Sep 30, 2020
  3. Increase VRAM

i am currently using pc have vram memory is 256 mb ,, my pc have 3gb RAM can i increase the VRAM 256 to 512?? HOW?

MahendaranUnnithan.M, Sep 30, 2020
  4. Increasing Vram in Regedit, any down sides?

Increasing vram

I have a toshiba satellite i5 Intel graphics and 16gb ram windows 10

how can I increase my vram

SolomomDarko, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

Increasing Vram in Regedit, any down sides?

1. Increasing Vram in Regedit, any down sides? - Similar Threads - Increasing Vram Regedit

2. Does Increasing VRAM Slowing Down Laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Increasing VRAM Slowing Down Laptop?: my acer nitro 5 AN515-53 was frame dropping 50-70 frames every 5 seconds, I googled how to fix it, on Microsoft's official site it told me to change my vram amount. so i went into settings > about > advanced system settings > advanced > performance > advanced. then I saw...
  3. Does Increasing VRAM Slowing Down Laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Increasing VRAM Slowing Down Laptop?: my acer nitro 5 AN515-53 was frame dropping 50-70 frames every 5 seconds, I googled how to fix it, on Microsoft's official site it told me to change my vram amount. so i went into settings > about > advanced system settings > advanced > performance > advanced. then I saw...
  4. Increasing dedicated vram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Increasing dedicated vram: Hi I wanted to increase the vram on my laptop Intel r Xe Graphics tried going to the bios to increase didn't see the option tried from registry didn't work either and I have 8gb of ram...
  5. Increasing dedicated vram

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Increasing dedicated vram: Hi I wanted to increase the vram on my laptop Intel r Xe Graphics tried going to the bios to increase didn't see the option tried from registry didn't work either and I have 8gb of ram...
  6. How to increase my VRAM???

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to increase my VRAM???: I will increase my ram that will be more than enough, so how can I increase my vram on an integrated gpu submitted by /u/Accomplished_Staff31 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mqnmy3/how_to_increase_my_vram/
  7. How to increase VRAM ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to increase VRAM ?: Is there any way to increase VRAM, there is no option in BIOS to increase VRAM. [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-increase-vram/ca521e1e-0b60-4ed2-99b4-1e201f1844d3
  8. Will increasing vram help pc performance?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will increasing vram help pc performance?: Hi, i just watched a video about increasing performance for gaming, even on a low budget laptop like one with a intel celeron 1017u, and with new personally upgraded parts like a ssd, and 2 new sticks of ramit was an older model with ddr3 4gb ram, and now it has two samsung...
  9. Increase VRAM

in Windows 10 Customization
    Increase VRAM: My laptop comes with 128mgb of VRAM, which means it cant support most games that need more vram. I upgraded it to 512 VRAM using the regedit technique: is there any way to make it higher than that?...
  10. Windows 10 Home increasing vram?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Home increasing vram?: I’m not sure if this is the right place to ask, but recently I’ve been trying to optimise windows 10 for gaming and I looked at ways to increase my dedicated video ram but all of the ways require bios and registry editor which don’t work for home edition. I was wondering if...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does regedit vram increase actually increase performance