Windows 10: Incredibly High CPU usage by WMI Provider Host.

Discus and support Incredibly High CPU usage by WMI Provider Host. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Recently I have been having increasing difficulty using my year old, Dell G7 Laptop. It has become incredibly slow and is frequently running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Blinxxy, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Blinxxy Win User

Incredibly High CPU usage by WMI Provider Host.

Hello,

Recently I have been having increasing difficulty using my year old, Dell G7 Laptop. It has become incredibly slow and is frequently running at incredibly high temperatures 95+°C. This has made gaming the original reason I purchased this laptop near impossible. One issue that I have noticed is that occasionally usually once or twice a day lasting until I restart the laptop WMI Provider Host uses every remaining bit of my CPU that It can. Incredibly High CPU usage by WMI Provider Host. e923976d-97b2-4213-8ec4-c5e4c54702d4?upload=true.png

Incredibly High CPU usage by WMI Provider Host. 97dbbcfb-bc7d-45ed-9d85-dca3290c65a4?upload=true.png

Even writing this question has become a challenge. I have done some research into this issue however most of the solutions state that my first step should be to open the Event Viewer and look for Errors.

Incredibly High CPU usage by WMI Provider Host. 3a107c65-1beb-47cd-b63e-58477ab71dc0?upload=true.png

As seen here, I have done that and the error message states that the ClientProcessId = 485124, however it is important to note that I do this frequently and this ClientProcessId is constantly changing. The next problem arises when I continue to follow the steps of the recommended solution. I open up the Task Manager again and navigate to Services, however this Client ID is no where to be found.

Incredibly High CPU usage by WMI Provider Host. 3ae2de88-fc52-4915-8c23-e20052fe57eb?upload=true.png

I am unsure of what to do at this point and would like to request assistance from the community in solving my problem.

Thank you,

-Blinxxy

:)

Blinxxy, Mar 19, 2020

2. WMI Provider host CPU usage

Hi Andrew,

To help you with your concern of WMI provider host using more than half of the processor power, you may check out the helpful troubleshooting links we have provided you.

Please see the posts of TWP176 and Shivam Kesarwani by clicking the link below:

WMI Provider Host and constant CPU utilisation.

Please see the post of sbm15 by clicking the next link, for further troubleshooting suggestion.

Solved: WMI Provider Host (High CPU Usage and Laptop Overheating) Windows10.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Mar 19, 2020
  3. Nick Dich Win User
    WMI Provider Host (High CPU Usage)

The Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) is a regular Windows service mainly for consolidating the device and applications management in a network. By this post, we want to share to all Community members that this is not really the one causing the high
    CPU usage, rather something is causing it.

To further help you resolve the concern, we are providing you a link to a thread with almost the same concern. Cristian, we figured out that this thread might help you resolve the issue so kindly check it out:

Solved: WMI Provider Host (High CPU Usage and Laptop Overheating) Windows10

Kindly post back with the results as we are eager to know what works for you.

Nick Dich, Mar 19, 2020
  4. Incredibly High CPU usage by WMI Provider Host.

Andre Da Costa, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

Incredibly High CPU usage by WMI Provider Host.

1. Incredibly High CPU usage by WMI Provider Host. - Similar Threads - Incredibly High CPU

2. wmi provider host cpu usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wmi provider host cpu usage: hey im at work as an it-support student here in RAL and some of our workers having some issues with their pc of the cpu usage is 100% and frozin tried look through what was the problem was and saw a our anti virus is makin some stuff but we cant put finger on what is and...
  3. wmi provider host cpu usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wmi provider host cpu usage: hey im at work as an it-support student here in RAL and some of our workers having some issues with their pc of the cpu usage is 100% and frozin tried look through what was the problem was and saw a our anti virus is makin some stuff but we cant put finger on what is and...
  4. wmi provider host cpu usage

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. WMI Provider Host high CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WMI Provider Host high CPU: WMI Provider Host keeps high CPI usage - it persistently consumes around 10% usage, but it intermittently shoots up to 40-50%. The issue started a few days ago - I didn't change any settings or install a new SW - and not fixed by rebooting, running dism and sfc -scannow. I...
  6. WMI Provider Host high CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WMI Provider Host high CPU: WMI Provider Host keeps high CPI usage - it persistently consumes around 10% usage, but it intermittently shoots up to 40-50%. The issue started a few days ago - I didn't change any settings or install a new SW - and not fixed by rebooting, running dism and sfc -scannow. I...
  7. WMI Provider Host high CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. WMI Provider host high cpu usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WMI Provider host high cpu usage: Hello for some reason WMI Provider Host keeps using high cpu usage and I tried multiple solutions and in the event viewer I see thisId = {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}; ClientMachine = DESKTOP-OGAGVQA; User = NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM; ClientProcessId = 9564; Component =...
  9. WMI Provider Host High CPU Usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WMI Provider Host High CPU Usage: Hey, so I know that this has already been spoken about on this subreddit but I kind of need a more simple explanation to help me figure this out. So as the title says, my WMI Provider Host is using around 15% CPU usage when it should use around 0... Thanks to anyone who ends...
  10. "WMI Provider Host" high cpu usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    "WMI Provider Host" high cpu usage: even with the new update "WMI Provider Host" process is consuming high % of the cpu. is there any possibility to resolve this problem?! serached on internet and it's quite common thanks 29842