Windows 10: Indent Footnote text (between the raised number and the body text)?

Discus and support Indent Footnote text (between the raised number and the body text)? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How to indent Footnote text (between the raised number and the body text) automatically? I have word 2013, and I would like to insert an indentation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mudum, Dec 1, 2015.

1. mudum Win User

Indent Footnote text (between the raised number and the body text)?

How to indent Footnote text (between the raised number and the body text) automatically?

I have word 2013, and I would like to insert an indentation 1.5 between the raised number and the text in footnotes (see figure 1)

Figure 1
    1xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    2xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    3xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

When I go to "Footnote Text" style, and then paragraph to do the indentation, it moves the number and the text to the right (see figure 2). But I do not want this.

Figure 2
    1xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 2xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If I use the hanging option, it only indents the texts below the first line (see figure 3)

Figure 3
    1xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have gone to "Footnote Reference" style, but the "paragraph" tab is locked. I cannot enter. Can anybody help me how to unlock it? Alternatively, how can I get the results I want (figure 1)

Thanks, M.

:)

mudum, Dec 1, 2015

2. why no search facility within lumia 925 SMS

anyone know if Nokia intend on adding a search facility to sms texts. I used to be able to search both body and text numbers within text app but lumia don't have it :*(

DavidMurphyzp, Dec 1, 2015
  3. Text size too small

Thanks for replying. However, I only got so far.

I've started a new message and went to the main body text. Clicked on ... which opened the following:

Show Cc & Bcc

Insert

Options

Format

I chose Format and have:

B I U ab

Highlight

Font Colour

Bullets

Numbering

Font

Special Indent

Line &Paragraph Spacing

Styles

I chose Font and have:

Subscript

Superscript

Clear Formatting

Where is the option to Justify Margin you speak of?

NoelMcKinney, Dec 1, 2015
  4. Indent Footnote text (between the raised number and the body text)?

Create your own style, based on Footnote.

nigelmercier, Dec 1, 2015
  5. mudum Win User
    I have my own style based on footnote. How can I access the "paragraph" tab in Footnote Reference style. How can I get the indentation as shown in figure 1? Can you please give details?

mudum, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Indent Footnote text (between the raised number and the body text)?

1. Indent Footnote text (between the raised number and the body text)? - Similar Threads - Indent Footnote text

2. We can't send a text to this number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We can't send a text to this number: HiI'm trying to unlock an account with a code but I need getting the same red message no matter what number I choose to write down. There is no alternative to send via email either.How do I get the account fixed...
  3. We can't send a text to this number

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We can't send a text to this number: HiI'm trying to unlock an account with a code but I need getting the same red message no matter what number I choose to write down. There is no alternative to send via email either.How do I get the account fixed...
  4. Folder Icon Text Indented Incorrectly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folder Icon Text Indented Incorrectly: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Dora_TheDestroya [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m8afiz/folder_icon_text_indented_incorrectly/
  5. white box between text

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    white box between text: There is a weird white box between my time on Windows 10, it is between my time, it is replacing the : symbol. Does anyone know how to help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/white-box-between-text/79abd619-26f5-4ba9-8a1f-b4a715e7d61d
  6. how to convert text to number

in Windows 10 Support
    how to convert text to number: how to convert text to number 171793
  7. footnote numbering

in Cortana
    footnote numbering: I'm using Office 365 in windows 10. I made a mistake in numbering footnotes. Now I can't fix it or cancel the numbers. Anyone know how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/footnote-numbering/25ad29a9-2002-4de9-98d1-e1dc7031451e"
  8. Text in email body in one sigle column

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text in email body in one sigle column: Hello Sometimes the text in in the reading pane in one single column. Is there a way to correct that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/text-in-email-body-in-one-sigle-column/aa6f5949-0150-4762-845a-e381684b990b
  9. Keyboard keeps adding numbers into text.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard keeps adding numbers into text.: Keyboard keeps adding numbers into text. Appears to only be associated with specific letters. I can get rid of some by backspacing. Also "L" & "W" I can only get using Caps Lock on. Example The quick br6own fox jumps over6 the l9azy8 dog. a b c d e f g h i j k...
  10. Copy/Paste text between virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copy/Paste text between virtual desktops: Hi, I am unable to Copy (Ctrl+C) a text from any application (e.g. Chrome website) and Paste (Ctrl+V) it in another application (e.g. OneNote) IF IT IS IN ANOTHER VIRTUAL DESKTOP (VD). If I move the destination application in the source application VD then it is working...