Windows 10: independent adviser we all are

Discus and support independent adviser we all are in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; hi windows fam why name your self independent adviser we all are one , we all use microsoft products we all are tech smart in someway thanks :... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by spectrographSA, Jun 16, 2020.

1. independent adviser we all are

hi windows fam

why name your self independent adviser we all are one , we all use microsoft products

we all are tech smart in someway

:)

spectrographSA, Jun 16, 2020

2. Windows10 update damaged something, attempting repair, some advise adv

They are Operating Systems that aren't based on MS/Windows code.
    Ubuntu is a Linux Distro (there a lots of them).

You can run them from a CD/DVD/USB without installing them on your PC.
    You can choose to install them if you want (for purposes of recovering your files you won't need to).

It will take a few minutes to boot a Linux Distro from an optical disc (installed versions are at least as fast as Windows though).
    Note:
    You may need to adjust the boot order in your BIOS/UEFI, if your PC won't boot from an optical disc (or USB) by default.

Once it has booted you should see a desktop similar to Windows (or Mac) depending on the Linux Distro you've used.

I have made some screenshots of my Linux Mint 18.3 (installed & customised) setup as a guide.
    Running LM18.3 from a Live CD/DVD/USB will look different.

Step 1
    Once the Desktop appears do one of these:
    1. Double click on the Computer icon
    2. Click the File Manager icon

independent adviser we all are [​IMG]

Step 2
    Browse to the folder that has your files
    Even though it looks different to Windows it works basically the same
    The left pane lists the drives/partitions on your machine
    The right pane shows a directory/folder tree
    You can double click on a folder to view its contents (the tree structure will start at the folder you clicked)

Step 3
    Insert a USB HDD/Stick to save your files to.
    The File Manager may open a new window showing the contents of your USB drive.
    You may prefer to copy between windows in which case you can ignore Step 4 below.

Step 4
    You can open a twin pane view to make transferring the files easier.
    1. Go to the View menu and choose "Extra Pane"
    2. Click in the new pane (right pane) and then click on your USB drive (in the left pane which is showing the drives/partitions on your machine)
    3. Click in the pane (middle) that is showing the files/folders you want to save and select them

Step 5
    The selection process is the same as Windows (i.e. you can use the Ctrl and Shift buttons to select multiple files).
    Once you have selected the files/folders you want to save, simply drag them, or "Copy& Paste" them, into the USB drive pane/window.

lehnerus2000, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Fortitude Win User
    Is it advisable/useful to have a second (full) Administrator account?

Firstly, I should say that someone suggested this Forum to me and it's one of the most useful things that I have come across on the Internet!
    I read somewhere that one way to safeguard your system is to create a second Administrator account in addition to the one that is built-in in Windows, so that should there be a problem with the "original" Administrator account you would use the second one to restore the first one.
    If this is indeed advisable, what are the steps to do it? I presume that I should password-protect the second Administrator account.
    Would I have the second Administrator account always enabled and the original Administrator account always disabled?

Fortitude, Jun 16, 2020
  4. LeoBloom Win User

independent adviser we all are

BSOD at least twice a month - uncertain cause

I have run driver verifier with the below settings for >48 hours. There have been no BSOD. Please advise on next steps
    • I/O verification
    • Force pending I/O requests
    • IRP logging

LeoBloom, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

independent adviser we all are

1. independent adviser we all are - Similar Threads - independent adviser are

2. Independent advisories

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Independent advisories: This is to Advisories of Microsoft team or whatever yall are. I hope you all are not getting paid. Yall knowledge of microsoft windows is like mines. Microsoft needs to get rid of yall cause yall suck. I think yall do the same thing as us go look on youtube or the web to see...
  3. Independent advisories

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Independent advisories: This is to Advisories of Microsoft team or whatever yall are. I hope you all are not getting paid. Yall knowledge of microsoft windows is like mines. Microsoft needs to get rid of yall cause yall suck. I think yall do the same thing as us go look on youtube or the web to see...
  4. Independent advisories

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Independent Monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Independent Monitors: I have two monitors set up and working. My issue is that the monitors show the same desktop, albeit spread across both screens. My objective is to have a separate desktop on each monitor that work independently of each other. How do I achieve this in Windows 10?...
  6. Independent Monitors

Independent Monitors: I have two monitors set up and working. My issue is that the monitors show the same desktop, albeit spread across both screens. My objective is to have a separate desktop on each monitor that work independently of each other. How do I achieve this in Windows 10?...
  7. Independent Monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. "Independent" programs

"Independent" programs: Hello,There is that "Adobe Acrobat Update Service" (in the 'Task Manager') which is running not asked permission. If I ocasionally notice this, I disable it in the "Services", but some time later I see it again running "Automatic", so I have again to stop it.I like to do my...
  9. please advise what "the cloud" is all about

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    please advise what "the cloud" is all about: I wish to know what the cloud is about. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-advise-what-the-cloud-is-all-about/46ef82be-d0ca-41ff-a45e-81bfcfdf9c6a"
  10. Independent Confusion

in Windows 10 Support
    Independent Confusion: The Independent ran a news item this morning on the pricing of W10. The following got my attention.... ..... .Normal Windows 7 and Windows 8 and 8.1 users will receive free upgrades to the new operating system. And all Enterprise users and business will have to pay for...