Windows 10: Independent cursors on virtual desktop?

Discus and support Independent cursors on virtual desktop? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was wondering if there’s a way to make each virtual desktop have their own cursors? For example, i have a program running on desktop one that makes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JPal713, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Independent cursors on virtual desktop?

I was wondering if there’s a way to make each virtual desktop have their own cursors? For example, i have a program running on desktop one that makes the mouse click on a certain location on the screen. When i switch to desktop two, the mouse is still clicking on the same location from desktop one. Is there a way to isolate each desktop?

submitted by /u/JPal713
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JPal713, Apr 25, 2020

2. Spinning cursor on task bar for work desktop

Hello TaraKelley,

For us to better assist you, kindly provide the following information:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you download and run the Start menu troubleshooter on this
    link. This troubleshooter automatically diagnose and repair common problem with Start menu.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Apr 25, 2020
  3. sirBait Win User
    Virtual desktops

In the article you linked it says talks about 4 goals Microsoft has with virtual desktops:

• Give you more desktop space to group related windows
    • Help you quickly locate and switch to any window or group of windows
    • Let you easily re-organize your groups and move windows as tasks evolve
    • Keep you in control of the degree of separation between your grouped windows
    Not being able to control what desktop the program opens on really doesn't fit in with these goals.

Give me one good reason for why it is suppose force me to change virtual desktop when I open a program, just one good reason and I will consider to drop the issue. To me this sounds like virtual desktops isn't ready yet and you refuse to acknowledge that
    there are bugs, because this makes it very hard to work with multiply virtual desktops.

sirBait, Apr 25, 2020
  4. bmtrsmt Win User

Independent cursors on virtual desktop?

independent Virtual desktops on each monitor

I have two monitors and I want to display each virtual desktop on a different one

one for gaming, movies or whatever and the other for net surfing or some small tasks

can i do it? I tried everything and it doesn't seems to be possible

if not, can I expect a future update that make me do this? ****, does the developers even now that people want this?

the virtual desktops feature is very disappointing for now. changing the desktop effect the two display defeat the purpose of having them

bmtrsmt, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

Independent cursors on virtual desktop?

1. Independent cursors on virtual desktop? - Similar Threads - Independent cursors virtual

2. Independent Virtua Desktops on Multiple Monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Independent Virtua Desktops on Multiple Monitors: Is it possible to have independent virtual desktops on different monitors of a multi-monitor system. For example on monitor 1 show virtual desktop 1 and on monitor 2 show virtual desktop 2? Currently if I switch to virtual desktop 1 on monitor 2 it also switches monitor 1 to...
  3. Independent Virtua Desktops on Multiple Monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Independent Virtua Desktops on Multiple Monitors: Is it possible to have independent virtual desktops on different monitors of a multi-monitor system. For example on monitor 1 show virtual desktop 1 and on monitor 2 show virtual desktop 2? Currently if I switch to virtual desktop 1 on monitor 2 it also switches monitor 1 to...
  4. Independent Virtua Desktops on Multiple Monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Virtual Desktops

Virtual Desktops: Hi there, With the new windows update, I am unable to create new virtual desktops using keyboard shortcuts and task view, as well as being unable to switch between them. Would like a fix, please....
  6. virtual desktop

virtual desktop: hello im trying to tern off virtual desktop when i miss click the win key and tap i did try regedit to disable it and i did try Gpedit.msc i heat this virtual desktop and i need help even if u can help me deleted i will appreciated...
  7. Switch virtual desktops independently on multiple monitors

Switch virtual desktops independently on multiple monitors: I was delighted to find Windows now has Virtual Desktops which I love. I like having all my work windows on one desktop and then any personal browsing and messaging applications on another. However and this is my use case I work on two monitors with my IDE Development...
  8. Virtual Desktops

Virtual Desktops: Right now, if I have three virtual desktops created, and I open Sticky Notes in VD 1 and then if I open Sticky Notes in VD 2, I sends me back to VD 1. This issue is very annoying and is making it very hard to used virtual desktops. Please Help!...
  9. Independent V Desktops on Multiple Monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    Independent V Desktops on Multiple Monitors: Does anyone know if you can have 2 monitors both displaying independent virtual desktops. Example monitor 1 displaying virtual desktop 1 and then monitor 2 displaying virtual desktop 2. Thank you 11476
  10. wo independent, non-virtual, desktops on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    wo independent, non-virtual, desktops on Windows 10?: Let me a question, please. Purpose: To have two independent, non-virtual, desktops on Windows 10 Is it possible create a second desktop in “C:\Users\<username>\Desktop2” and link it solidly to the “Desktop 2” of TaskView? Alternatively, Is it possible to join my...