Windows 10: Independent DHCP or manual settings per wireless connection?

Discus and support Independent DHCP or manual settings per wireless connection? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! We have a weird access point at work that cannot automatically configure the wireless connection (via DHCP) and only works by manually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by spapakons, Mar 4, 2020.

1. spapakons Win User

Independent DHCP or manual settings per wireless connection?

Hello!

We have a weird access point at work that cannot automatically configure the wireless connection (via DHCP) and only works by manually configuring the IP, gateway and DNS server. The problem is that when I move my laptop to home I must remember to change the settings to auto (DHCP) to connect to my home network. This is not really convenient. I know that Android OS can store independent settings for each SSID. For example I can set my phone to connect at work with manual settings while all the other connections use automatic settings (DHCP) by default. This is not the case with Windows 10, it is either auto or manual for all SSIDs. Is there any way to change connection settings only for a specific network, not globally? Any third party utility that can do that?

Thank you in advance

:)

spapakons, Mar 4, 2020
  2. Jon Cage Win User

Is it possible to set up a new manual wifi connection from the command line?

I'm trying to work out a solution to set up ad-hock wifi connections in Windows 8.1 based on the suggestions in a post on Micsrosoft's answers site. Is there any way to do the first few steps:

• go to "Network and Sharing Center"
    • click "Set up a new connection or network"
    • double click "Manually connect to a wireless network"
    • enter the SSID of the ad-hoc network (as shown by "netsh wlan show networks") into the "Network name" field
    • configure security settings accordingly
    • uncheck "Start this connection automatically" (important)

...without using the windows dialogs?

Jon Cage, Mar 4, 2020
  3. Wireless Sync Zune Manually

Hello intodevel,

Thank you for writing. Yes, it is possible to manually start the wireless sync, and to start it, please follow these steps:

• Make sure your computer is on and that you're logged in to your Windows user account.

• On your Zune player, select Settings, Wireless, Sync,Sync with PC. Your Zune player displays the status of the sync process, including:

• Looking for network

• Connecting to network

• Connecting to PC

• Preparing to sync

• Syncing

• Sync complete
    You can also refer to the full article on wireless syncing for more information about the process and other options here:Xbox Official Site: Consoles, Games, and Community | Xbox

Have a nice Sunday!

Patrizia R., Mar 4, 2020
  4. Independent DHCP or manual settings per wireless connection?

How to set up wireless network connection?

Hello everyone...

I want to connect wireless network connection to my laptop. But I don't know why I am unable to do it.. I am getting some error. I think some configuration setting kind of error. Can you please provide me some steps so that I can get my work done.
    Thankx!!

ashleysimpson052, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

Independent DHCP or manual settings per wireless connection?

1. Independent DHCP or manual settings per wireless connection? - Similar Threads - Independent DHCP manual

2. Can’t connect to DHCP server?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t connect to DHCP server?: Hello. I hope you all are well.I own an HP Envy x360 with Windows 11. No Ethernet cable port so purely wireless.For the past week I have been unable to stay connected to the internet. The errors I’ve been getting is “Can’t reach DHCP server” or “Can’t reach default gateway”....
  3. why cant i connect to a wireless LAN manually???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why cant i connect to a wireless LAN manually???: i recently got a new pc, windows 10, and on the 'Network and Sharing Center' it doesnt even show the option to connect to a Wi-Fi network manually?!! it only shows 3 options which are 'Connect to the Internet' broadband or dial up with an ethernet or such; 'Set up a new...
  4. why cant i connect to a wireless LAN manually???

in Windows 10 Customization
    why cant i connect to a wireless LAN manually???: i recently got a new pc, windows 10, and on the 'Network and Sharing Center' it doesnt even show the option to connect to a Wi-Fi network manually?!! it only shows 3 options which are 'Connect to the Internet' broadband or dial up with an ethernet or such; 'Set up a new...
  5. why cant i connect to a wireless LAN manually???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Editing a Manual Wireless Network Connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Editing a Manual Wireless Network Connection: Hi everyone - Kind of a specific situation/question here.I am creating a manual connection to a wireless network in my case, used for a WPA2-Enterprise connection.Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing CenterThenSetup a new connection or...
  7. How to set network Proxy settings per WIFI connection?

How to set network Proxy settings per WIFI connection?: Windows 10 version 2004+ Is there any way to set Proxy settings for specific wifi or lan connections, so that when switching networks one does not have to manually go and change the proxy settings? this is very easily accomplished on android. I often switch networks at work...
  8. connecting a Sclupt wireless mouse to a wireless set?!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    connecting a Sclupt wireless mouse to a wireless set?!: Hi all, I've got a Microsoft wireless 3000v2 keyboard with a wireless 5000 mouse, bought as a set and connecting to one dongle. they both work like a charm, but I want to buy a Sculpt ergonomic mouse and to use it instead of the regular mouse. I don't have the extra space for...
  9. Manually connect to wireless network not showing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Manually connect to wireless network not showing: I’m trying to manually connect my desktop to WiFi. I looked up the steps to do this on google and they tell me to go to network and sharing center, and then click “Set up a new connection or network.” After this I am supposed to click on “Manually connect to wireless...
  10. Define wireless settings per user account

Define wireless settings per user account: Hi, At home we have a shared PC running Win10 Pro which is used by adults and youngsters. I want to ensure that when youngsters use the PC then they access an Wifi accesspoint which does only gives them access to the internet but not internal file shares or other...