Windows 10: Independent screens on external display

Discus and support Independent screens on external display in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use an external monitor connected to a laptop machine. I have several screens. The problem is that if I have n screens on the laptop then I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by _Cristina_, May 19, 2022.

1. Independent screens on external display

I use an external monitor connected to a laptop machine. I have several screens. The problem is that if I have n screens on the laptop then I have exactly n screens on the monitor. Moreover when I change screen on the laptop it changes the screen also on the external monitor. I would like to have screens that are independent to each other: e.g., working on screen 1 on the laptop while looking at screen 2 on the external monitor. Is this possible? I have windows 10 Enterprise

:)

_Cristina_, May 19, 2022
  2. Arul_D Win User

Projecting to an external display

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Windows 10.

I understand that you are unable to use external display with windows 10.

This usually occurs if the video driver was not installed properly or not configured correctly.so I would suggest you to reinstall the drivers in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Uninstall Display Adapter drivers

I suggest you to uninstall the display drivers and reinstall them in compatibility mode.

To uninstall the driver, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type devmgmt.msc
    • Right click on the driver you want to uninstall
    • Click on Uninstall
    • Restart the system
    After the computer restarts, install the driver in compatibility mode.

• Select the setup file
    • Right click on it and click on
      properties
    • Click on Compatibility tab
    • Select the operating system
    • Click Ok.
    Hope it helps, do get back to us if you need further assistance with Windows.

Arul_D, May 19, 2022
  3. SoNQ Win User
    Projecting to an external display

Hi,

When the computer restarts the driver re-installs its self. and also how would I go about going into compatability mode. Would this be through internet explorer?

Any insite on this would be a great help.

Best Regards,

Shaun Johnson

4. Independent screens on external display

screen display

Hi William,

It is important that you have the correct screen display and resolution. We suggest that you perform the following steps to reset the monitor settings:

• Boot your computer in
      safe mode
    • Once in safe mode, right-click the desktop > Screen Resolution.
    • Change the display settings back to the original configuration.
    • Restart your computer.

Feel free to update us on the result.

Rachelle Gra, May 19, 2022
Thema:

Independent screens on external display

1. Independent screens on external display - Similar Threads - Independent screens external

2. Independent screens on external display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Independent screens on external display: I use an external monitor connected to a laptop machine. I have several screens. The problem is that if I have n screens on the laptop then I have exactly n screens on the monitor. Moreover when I change screen on the laptop it changes the screen also on the external monitor....
  3. Independent screens on external display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Independent screens on external display: I use an external monitor connected to a laptop machine. I have several screens. The problem is that if I have n screens on the laptop then I have exactly n screens on the monitor. Moreover when I change screen on the laptop it changes the screen also on the external monitor....
  4. Split screen observed on external display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Split screen observed on external display: Hi ,I have just upgraded my system to win 11 and observing split screen after restarting the system or while plugging the display. I am using single monitor but screen is getting split...
  5. Split screen observed on external display

Split screen observed on external display: Hi ,I have just upgraded my system to win 11 and observing split screen after restarting the system or while plugging the display. I am using single monitor but screen is getting split...
  6. Laptop screen not displaying on external monitor

Laptop screen not displaying on external monitor: HiI have an external monitor I am trying to connect to laptop through HDMI. My laptop detects that there is a second monitor, but the monitor doesn't display anything. I've tried many different solutions: updating, roll backing, and even uninstalling my drivers. Those...
  7. Laptop screen not displaying on external monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop screen not displaying on external monitor: HiI have an external monitor I am trying to connect to laptop through HDMI. My laptop detects that there is a second monitor, but the monitor doesn't display anything. I've tried many different solutions: updating, roll backing, and even uninstalling my drivers. Those...
  8. Laptop screen not displaying on external monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Lock Screen Saver independently from lock screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lock Screen Saver independently from lock screen: I am in a group-work setting and all our lock screen user passwords are the same. I want to change only the screen saver password so if I walk away from my desk another person can't get on my computer. I don't want to change the lock screen user password as they're all...
  10. Dual monitor - Create independent screens.

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual monitor - Create independent screens.: [Monitor 1] [Monitor 2] {Taskbar 1} {Taskbar 2} I want to have it so if I open Chrome is Taskbar 1, it'll open on Monitor 1... and same with Taskbar 2 on Monitor 2. Right now, they all open on Monitor 2 (primary). Any ideas how to make it if I click on an icon on T1...