Windows 10: Independent taskbar and window border colours?

Discus and support Independent taskbar and window border colours? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; One of the things I find most annoying about Windows 7, being a long-time XP user, is the lack of independent colour settings for the various GUI... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Fenestrix, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Fenestrix Win User

Independent taskbar and window border colours?

One of the things I find most annoying about Windows 7, being a long-time XP user, is the lack of independent colour settings for the various GUI elements, for example, the taskbar, active window title bar and active window border colours are not separately settable. I see no reason whatsoever why this has to be so - XP offered far, far more flexibility in this respect.

As far as I can see, we still have the same situation with Windows 10. It appears to be impossible to have the taskbar a different colour to the active window title bar and border. It is even impossible to get the taskbar to be a solid colour - it is always transparent. There is not even a Windows 7-like opacity control. A massive step backwards in user personalisation control.

And why doe the window border have to be so thin? I can hardly see it at all.

:)

Fenestrix, Oct 17, 2014
  2. Ramesh Srinivasan, Oct 17, 2014
  3. T.Holub Win User
    Taskbar above windowed games - Windows 10

This issues is present in any game when I use border-less or windowed mode, double clicking does not remove the taskbar.

T.Holub, Oct 17, 2014
  4. Boozad Win User

I daresay you'll be able to adjust transparency of the taskbar in later builds. Personally I like to carry the same colour theme from my taskbar to windows but each to their own I guess. Be sure to leave your feedback for Microsoft.

Boozad, Oct 20, 2014
  5. groze Win User
    Actually, there is in Windows 7 but you have to choose the windows classic theme to get that option (I think).

I am not sure on this, the only way to save your current theme, is to upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 but I don't know if that really works or not. I have not tested it that much. I am going to try a registry setting to see if that will work. I am dual booting with windows 7.

groze, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Independent taskbar and window border colours? - Similar Threads - Independent taskbar window

2. Taskbar colour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar colour: I'm hoping to get an answer but, My question is, on Windows 10 New Installations the taskbar tends to vary between being black, or white, as if some are in dark mode and others are in light mode.I'm referring to for example, I will use windows media creation tool to create a...
  3. Taskbar colour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar colour: I'm hoping to get an answer but, My question is, on Windows 10 New Installations the taskbar tends to vary between being black, or white, as if some are in dark mode and others are in light mode.I'm referring to for example, I will use windows media creation tool to create a...
  4. Taskbar colour

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windowed Mode Frame/Border Colour

Windowed Mode Frame/Border Colour: Hi All,Quick question, hoping someone can help - I want to change the colour of the frame when in windowed mode. The frame/border I want to change is the example blue above.This is not controlled by colour selection in Personalise -> Colours -> Title bars and window borders....
  6. Windows 10 Independent Taskbars

Windows 10 Independent Taskbars: Hello, I have non-mirrored dual monitors. I would like each the taskbar of each monitor to function independently. Is the possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-independent-taskbars/3bce7b43-4707-478a-b61c-0b863e27d210
  7. Taskbar colour

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar colour: Since the 1903 update, my taskbar is a light colour. I have been to settings, colour, but the 'start menu, taskbar, action center' box is greyed out. If I change main colour to dark then all folders go dark. I only want a dark taskbar. Any help appreciated. Thank you. 135495
  8. Sub Menu Border and Colour Customisation

Sub Menu Border and Colour Customisation: Hi all, I'm wondering if you can help me with the issues I'm having with Windows 10. I recently did a reinstallation and since doing so, I'm unable to rectify 2 issues I'm having. The first is my system tray icons and sub menus for task bar icons having a 1px border...
  9. Making the Taskbar/Start Menu match Window border colours exactly?

Making the Taskbar/Start Menu match Window border colours exactly?: Hi everyone, I recently began making a custom theme, and have just started changing the theme colours. I used the registry editor to use a custom colour, and it has worked for the borders around windows. However the taskbar and start menu colour is much a much brighter...
  10. Is it possible to add a old style coloured border on a window

Is it possible to add a old style coloured border on a window: Much as I like the new windows 10, I find if I have a few windows open and overlapped then it's far to easy to close the wrong window. And the reason is that the whole washed out white and no window borders mean one window looks like it's another window when overlapped....