Windows 10: Index.jpg already exists error while downloading Images.

Discus and support Index.jpg already exists error while downloading Images. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft employees, I would like to inquiry about some strange popups I've been getting. Sometimes when I download an image I get a message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by James J. Connor, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Index.jpg already exists error while downloading Images.

Hello Microsoft employees, I would like to inquiry about some strange popups I've been getting. Sometimes when I download an image I get a message saying index.jpg already exists. I know that they can be renamed to fix it but I want a more efficient way of doing this.

Sincerely, James

***Edited Original Title From: Weird popups***

:)

James J. Connor, Mar 9, 2019
  2. tedathy Win User

indexing query - is this error

The image below shows the indexing options screen under settings - indexing options

Windows 10 indexing options shows that user has selected indexing location as Drive C

But the bottom half of the box "summary of selected locations shows

NET

Drive E

My query is why if C: drive is selected as indexing location doesn't C: appear in the summary

Is there an error ?

Suggestions please
    Index.jpg already exists error while downloading Images. f1eddb7c-a89e-48f8-be23-1006d6ca6a5e.png

tedathy, Mar 9, 2019
  3. David Haz Win User
    Unable to make changes in Indexing Options

Hello,

We suggest to run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter and check if it helps with the indexing issue you are experiencing.

Here's how you may run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter:

• Press the Windows key + X, and then click
      Control Panel
    • Type Troubleshooting, and then click View all.
    • Click Search and Indexing.
    • Follow the steps provided by the troubleshooter.

Tell us how it goes.

Regards.

David Haz, Mar 9, 2019
  4. Index.jpg already exists error while downloading Images.

Indexing is not working

Hi Doc,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

This issue may occur due to corrupt Windows search files or settings. I suggest you to follow the below method and check if it helps.

Method 1: I would suggest you to run search and indexing troubleshooter
    and check. Please follow these steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search box on taskbar.

• Click troubleshooting in the search results.

• Click "View all" and then click "Search and Indexing".

• Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.

Method 2: Check if Indexing and Windows Search services are enabled. If not, enable them, if they are already enabled, then disable Windows Search Service and then enable again and restart.

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type services in the run box, go to the Windows search services and restart them.
    Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Mar 9, 2019
Thema:

Index.jpg already exists error while downloading Images.

1. Index.jpg already exists error while downloading Images. - Similar Threads - Index jpg already

2. Help with error this specified account already exists

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with error this specified account already exists: Hey,So I'm trying to download the epic game store again and I keep getting the error this specified account already exists now I have tried most of the troubleshooting methods except the Microsoft Installer uninstaller and its asking me for a Product code which I don't know...
  3. Help with error this specified account already exists

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with error this specified account already exists: Hey,So I'm trying to download the epic game store again and I keep getting the error this specified account already exists now I have tried most of the troubleshooting methods except the Microsoft Installer uninstaller and its asking me for a Product code which I don't know...
  4. "Account already exist"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Account already exist": I could not create a Microsoft account on my tablet so I created one on my laptop. Now every time I try to sign in on my tablet, it directs me to "Create an account" page and says that there is already an account with my email. What do I do?...
  5. "Account already exist"

"Account already exist": I could not create a Microsoft account on my tablet so I created one on my laptop. Now every time I try to sign in on my tablet, it directs me to "Create an account" page and says that there is already an account with my email. What do I do?...
  6. Invalid Value for Registry error for JPG, PNG while viewing Image files on Windows10

in Windows 10 News
    Invalid Value for Registry error for JPG, PNG while viewing Image files on Windows10: [ATTACH]Windows Registry is a collection of databases to store the information and settings for software programs, hardware devices, user preferences and more. If after upgrading […] This article Invalid Value for Registry error for JPG, PNG while viewing Image files on...
  7. App to display a .jpg image

App to display a .jpg image: Since I am so new I hope this post is in the correct place. Windows 10 1903 build 18362.175 Since I don't do much with images I need a simple free app to post a few pictures. Photos app doesn't work on my computer. Thanks for any help. 142971
  8. opening .jpg image

opening .jpg image: unable to open .jpg image in photos. It just says this file type is unsupported. but it will play all the images in a slideshow. it will play other .jpg images no problem. Can anyone tell me how to open the images separately?...
  9. JPG Thumbnails of vertical JPG images are displayed as horizontal imag

in Windows 10 Support
    JPG Thumbnails of vertical JPG images are displayed as horizontal imag: Suddenly, vertical JPG images show thumbnail images squeezed into horizontal thumbnail JPGs. RAW files are not affected and show vertical thumbnails as expected. I do have Sagethumbs installed, so that I can see JPG thumbnail images of PSD and TIFF files. No problems with...
  10. .jpg images not displaying in browsers

in Browsers and Email
    .jpg images not displaying in browsers: W10 with latest updates. Noticed that a web site to which .jpg photos have been uploaded are only showing place holders, cannot display the actual images. Problem is across the following browsers: Edge, IE11, Firefox. Do not have chrome installed so cannot check. Another...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. image already exists error

2. index.jpg already exists firefox