Windows 10: index option greyed out

Discus and support index option greyed out in Cortana to solve the problem; index option greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/index-option-greyed-out/c5624f66-4b32-48b5-b9d5-680c2c4165ce Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Manjeet Singh manjeet, Aug 31, 2020.

1. index option greyed out

index option greyed out

:)

Manjeet Singh manjeet, Aug 31, 2020
  2. David Haz Win User

Unable to make changes in Indexing Options

Hello,

We suggest to run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter and check if it helps with the indexing issue you are experiencing.

Here's how you may run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter:

• Press the Windows key + X, and then click
      Control Panel
    • Type Troubleshooting, and then click View all.
    • Click Search and Indexing.
    • Follow the steps provided by the troubleshooter.

Tell us how it goes.

Regards.

David Haz, Aug 31, 2020
  3. pepanee Win User
    Indexing options does not respond

Hi, ignore my post right above this. You don't need to post a screenshot.

First, make sure you tried this method:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...-fix-solutions
    Look what it says under Windows 10. Follow along that tutorial.
    After completion, restart your computer and check Indexing Options

If that didn't work:

I found two other methods for you that you should try. They're a little advanced, yet the steps are very simple to follow since there is picture tutorials of it. But please be very careful and follow the steps exactly and follow along with the pictures!
    Go here: Repairing Windows Search Indexer Problems

There are 14 items listed under contents.

Press #12 Indexer Registry Fix.
    Follow along with that tutorial EXACTLY with the pictures that help you follow along.
    After restarting the computer, check Indexing Options

If that didn't work

Press #13 Delete Search Index Folder.
    After restarting the computer, check Indexing Options

pepanee, Aug 31, 2020
  4. IzWebUsr Win User

index option greyed out

OneDrive no longer in list of folders to index in "Indexing Options"

Ref: Windows 10 Pro Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.48)

Dear All,

After an Windows update today, OneDrive folder is no longer listed as a folder available for indexing in the "Indexing Options" control panel.

I have tried restarting, deleting the index, unlinking PC from OneDrive and relinking.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

By the way, why is the OneDrive Category locked when posting questions?!

IzWebUsr, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

index option greyed out

1. index option greyed out - Similar Threads - index option greyed

2. speech option greyed out.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    speech option greyed out.: Hi everyone, need some help in relation to this issue, been having this for more than 2 weeks and is still unresolved. On settings I'm getting this error....
  3. speech option greyed out.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    speech option greyed out.: Hi everyone, need some help in relation to this issue, been having this for more than 2 weeks and is still unresolved. On settings I'm getting this error....
  4. Sign-in options all greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign-in options all greyed out: G'day.Hopefully someone has seen this before. Searched for quite a bit and tried several options but unable to get Sign-in options back. User originally had login via personal Microsoft Account but when moved to Local account, issues appeared. User does have a Microsoft 365...
  5. Spatial Sound Option Is Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Spatial Sound Option Is Greyed Out: Hello, I am running a Windows 10 pc and I frequently play games however I have never had surround sound even though I know it is enabled on my headset. I recently figured out that the issue was with spatial sound itself not being on. My windows is activated and I have tried...
  6. "Erase this disk" option greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    "Erase this disk" option greyed out: I use DVD+RW's on a daily basis -- writing, erasing, and rewriting. However, recently, the "erase this disk" option in File Explorer is greyed out. The first time it happened, having failed to find a solution online, I restored my C: partion, which fixed the problem, but is a...
  7. Taskbar option greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar option greyed out: I tried to find the English correspondent to that option and I guess that, due to its position, it's about the taskbar buttons badges. My system: [img] English version: [img] Any idea why it is greyed out? My system is Windows 10 Pro 1809 (17763.292). Thanks in...
  8. Modify Button grey out in "Indexing" and Indexing not running

in Windows 10 Customization
    Modify Button grey out in "Indexing" and Indexing not running: Hello, I have following few problems, if someone can help. 1. Windows Indexing is not running. (Tried method of rebuild but not working) 2. Modify button is grey out and no folder is currently present in the indexing options. 3. Windows Search is in hang state...
  9. "Check for Updates" option is greyed out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Check for Updates" option is greyed out: Hi ,I am using Windows 10 Pro and the ""Check for Updates" option is greyed out . In the past I had changed some registry and group policy settings to stop windows update but now I want to update windows and forgot which settings I've changed. Is there anyway to roll back...
  10. Remote Desktop options greyed out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop options greyed out: Hi, Hoping this is the correct area for this issue and that maybe someone has some suggestions because I have been unable to find anything. It's quite simple, the Remote Desktop options have both become greyed out. The 'allow remote help requests' is still available. I...