Windows 10: Indexed Locations

Discus and support Indexed Locations in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Does anybody knows why this "csc://...." thing is in my indexed locations? I cant't get rid of it and everytime i uncheck it it comes again checked.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by lucasmoez, Jan 31, 2019.

1. lucasmoez Win User

Indexed Locations

Does anybody knows why this "csc://...." thing is in my indexed locations? I cant't get rid of it and everytime i uncheck it it comes again checked. Also when i scroll the mouse over it, it tells me that the location is not available. Help

Indexed Locations aa827179-6a65-47f6-b019-f4911c41ec46?upload=true.png

:)

lucasmoez, Jan 31, 2019

2. Windows 10 Quick Search Not Showing Indexed Locations

Hi,

Since you have already added it in Indexing options, we suggest you to run Indexing troubleshooter to check for possible caused of the issue. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click View all.
    • Click Search and Indexing.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Jan 31, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Index locations not all showing up in search

Hello,

There might be some settings missing or corrupted.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to remove the D drive from the indexing and run the indexing troubleshooter.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + X” to click on “Control Panel”.

• Click on “Troubleshooting” and click on “View all”.

• Click on “Search and Indexing” to run the troubleshooter.

Once this is done, restart the computer and check if this helps.

Method 2:

Re –build the indexing by adding the D drive and verify the result.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 31, 2019
  4. David Haz Win User

Indexed Locations

Unable to make changes in Indexing Options

Hello,

We suggest to run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter and check if it helps with the indexing issue you are experiencing.

Here's how you may run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter:

• Press the Windows key + X, and then click
      Control Panel
    • Type Troubleshooting, and then click View all.
    • Click Search and Indexing.
    • Follow the steps provided by the troubleshooter.

Tell us how it goes.

Regards.

David Haz, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

Indexed Locations

1. Indexed Locations - Similar Threads - Indexed Locations

2. Windows 11 - Searching non-indexed locations for file contents - SOLUTION!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Searching non-indexed locations for file contents - SOLUTION!: I discovered like so many others that searching for some keyword text in files in a non-indexed folder in Windows 11 DID NOT WORK.Lots of threads posted, lot's of suggested "solutions", lot's of frustrated Windows 11 users trying those "solutions/fixed" and still the...
  3. Windows 11 - Searching non-indexed locations for file contents - SOLUTION!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Searching non-indexed locations for file contents - SOLUTION!: I discovered like so many others that searching for some keyword text in files in a non-indexed folder in Windows 11 DID NOT WORK.Lots of threads posted, lot's of suggested "solutions", lot's of frustrated Windows 11 users trying those "solutions/fixed" and still the...
  4. How do I include App Data in the Included Locations in Indexing Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I include App Data in the Included Locations in Indexing Windows 11?: No matter what I try - removing AppData from the Excluded folders time after time, this keeps on being excluded. I am now rebuilding Indexing however the AppData has reappeared in Excluded once more. Is this some sort of default that can be overridden? Thanks....
  5. How do I include App Data in the Included Locations in Indexing Windows 11?

How do I include App Data in the Included Locations in Indexing Windows 11?: No matter what I try - removing AppData from the Excluded folders time after time, this keeps on being excluded. I am now rebuilding Indexing however the AppData has reappeared in Excluded once more. Is this some sort of default that can be overridden? Thanks....
  6. Change Selected Indexed Locations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Selected Indexed Locations: Hello, I was unchecking folders that I don't want to show up when searching windows, and I came across a folder location checked under index locations "CSC://{S-1-5-21-#####" bunch of numbers. I attached screenshot. It says to this location not available, uncheck to stop find...
  7. Change Selected Indexed Locations

Change Selected Indexed Locations: Hello, I was unchecking folders that I don't want to show up when searching windows, and I came across a folder location checked under index locations "CSC://{S-1-5-21-#####" bunch of numbers. I attached screenshot. It says to this location not available, uncheck to stop find...
  8. 'Indexed Locations' missing folders present on the C drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Indexed Locations' missing folders present on the C drive: I have lots of files saved in a Box folder and in a OneDrive folder saved on the C drive, under 'Users' and my name.These folders do NOT appear in the Indexed Locations, and, once indexing is complete, files and their content are not showing up in searches.It seems that the...
  9. 'Indexed Locations' missing folders present on the C drive

'Indexed Locations' missing folders present on the C drive: I have lots of files saved in a Box folder and in a OneDrive folder saved on the C drive, under 'Users' and my name.These folders do NOT appear in the Indexed Locations, and, once indexing is complete, files and their content are not showing up in searches.It seems that the...
  10. OneDrive doesn't appear as a index search location

in Cortana
    OneDrive doesn't appear as a index search location: Search for a file in Windows 10 does not provide any results though the search goes on forever. I have rebuilt the index several times but to no avail. Also OneDrive doesn't appear as a index search location...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 indexed locations

2. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

3. windows indexed locations csc://