Windows 10: Indexer Backoff - Enable or Disable in Windows 10?

Discus and support Indexer Backoff - Enable or Disable in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Is there a way to do this in windows 10? Indexer Backoff - Enable or Disable in Windows 7 - Windows 7 Help Forums 25920 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by possom2009, Oct 10, 2015.

1. Indexer Backoff - Enable or Disable in Windows 10?

possom2009, Oct 10, 2015

2. windows search is crashing

if i go to services the windows search service status is stopping and that doesn't let the indexing work

i had this before and i find a fix i disable and delete the indexing folder restart then enable the service and start it. it works and starts indexing. but reappears after a while how do i fix it forever?

GeorgeConstandinides, Oct 10, 2015
  3. PAStephen Win User
    Cortana/Search not finding System Settings/Control Panel items

I was having the same problem, in a fresh/clean Windows 10 install (just joined to a domain).

I tried your fix, but the Indexed folder was already set to allow indexing...so I disabled, and re-enabled, and fixed the problem. Thanks!

PAStephen, Oct 10, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Indexer Backoff - Enable or Disable in Windows 10?

Hello possum, *Smile

You can use the same settings in that tutorial in Windows 10 as well.

Brink, Oct 10, 2015
  5. OK, Thanks!

possom2009, Oct 10, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Oct 10, 2015
  7. possom2009, Oct 10, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Good news, but I'm not sure if that way is easier since you have to take ownership of the registry key first.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Indexer Backoff - Enable or Disable in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Indexer Backoff Enable

2. Win10 Update 2004 broke indexer "disable backoff" setting?

in Cortana
    Win10 Update 2004 broke indexer "disable backoff" setting?: Noticed a change in the behavior of the search indexer after the Win10 2004 update. I have "Disable indexer backoff" set to "Enabled" via gpedit.msc. Before the update, this would force the indexer to run continuously until indexing was done--even if the PC was in use or...
  3. Windows 10 Indexer Backoff

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Indexer Backoff: I have done this many times before and am not sure why it isn't working. I just got a new laptop and installed the latest version of Win10, 1909. After installing office and setting everything up, I typically turn off the indexing back-off group policy to allow my stuff to...
  4. Indexing not working in Windows 10 even though it is enabled

in Windows 10 Support
    Indexing not working in Windows 10 even though it is enabled: Hey guys, so my computer has run into its first major issue and that is that the indexing feature is no longer working and I can't use the Windows search bar to search for anything anymore *Sad I looked at the "Indexing Options" but I can't even see any folders in there and...
  5. temporarily disable indexing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    temporarily disable indexing: I suspect that windows indexing might be causing the short, intermittent freezes that I have been experiencing. I want to test it. I went to services and stopped windows search. But I see that the process SearchIndexer.exe is still running. What is the right way to do...
  6. Enable or Disable Advanced Indexing Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Advanced Indexing Options in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Advanced Indexing Options in Windows How to Enable or Disable Advanced Indexing Options in Windows [img] Information By default, Windows will use the file properties, and file contents you want indexed. This tutorial will show you how to...
  7. Enable or Disable Modifying Indexed Locations in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Modifying Indexed Locations in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Modifying Indexed Locations in Windows How to Enable or Disable Modifying Indexed Locations in Windows [img] Information By default, Windows will use the file properties, and file contents you want indexed. This tutorial will show you how...
  8. Enable or Disable Indexer Backoff in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Indexer Backoff in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Indexer Backoff in Windows How to Enable or Disable Indexer Backoff in Windows [img] Information By default, Windows will use the file properties, and file contents you want indexed. The index uses the Windows Search service and runs as...
  9. Enable or Disable Indexing when on Battery Power in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Indexing when on Battery Power in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Indexing when on Battery Power in Windows [img] Information By default, Windows will use the file properties, and file contents you want indexed. The index uses the Windows Search service and runs as the Searchindexer.exe process in the...
  10. Enable or Disable Search Indexing in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Search Indexing in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Search Indexing in Windows How to Enable or Disable Search Indexing in Windows Indexing the contents of your PC helps you get faster results when you're searching it for files and other things. Learn how it works. Indexing is the process of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows indexer backoff

2. disable indexer backoff windows 10