Windows 10: Indexing does not see one of my partitions

Discus and support Indexing does not see one of my partitions in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Although my user account (admin account) is the owner of the P partition, and indexing is allowed for this partition, Windows Indexing does not see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Shmu26, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Shmu26 Win User

Indexing does not see one of my partitions

Although my user account (admin account) is the owner of the P partition, and indexing is allowed for this partition, Windows Indexing does not see this partition.

I already tried rebuilding the index and restarting the computer.

See screenshot

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9kre82i282wb7y1/indexing.jpg?dl=0

:)

Shmu26, Jan 8, 2019
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jan 8, 2019
  3. David Haz Win User
    Unable to make changes in Indexing Options

Hello,

We suggest to run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter and check if it helps with the indexing issue you are experiencing.

Here's how you may run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter:

• Press the Windows key + X, and then click
      Control Panel
    • Type Troubleshooting, and then click View all.
    • Click Search and Indexing.
    • Follow the steps provided by the troubleshooter.

Tell us how it goes.

Regards.

David Haz, Jan 8, 2019
  4. Indexing does not see one of my partitions

Indexing is not working

Hi Doc,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

This issue may occur due to corrupt Windows search files or settings. I suggest you to follow the below method and check if it helps.

Method 1: I would suggest you to run search and indexing troubleshooter
    and check. Please follow these steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search box on taskbar.

• Click troubleshooting in the search results.

• Click "View all" and then click "Search and Indexing".

• Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.

Method 2: Check if Indexing and Windows Search services are enabled. If not, enable them, if they are already enabled, then disable Windows Search Service and then enable again and restart.

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type services in the run box, go to the Windows search services and restart them.
    Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

Indexing does not see one of my partitions

1. Indexing does not see one of my partitions - Similar Threads - Indexing does partitions

2. Indexing does not index boot drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Indexing does not index boot drive: I have a boot drive and a backup drive cloned from the boot drive for emergencies. Indexing only finds the backup drive, which is overwritten by the clone program's boot drive backup weekly. If I modify indexing settings to index only the C boot drive, the backup H drive is...
  3. Indexing does not index boot drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Indexing does not index boot drive: I have a boot drive and a backup drive cloned from the boot drive for emergencies. Indexing only finds the backup drive, which is overwritten by the clone program's boot drive backup weekly. If I modify indexing settings to index only the C boot drive, the backup H drive is...
  4. Indexing does not index boot drive

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. One Drive Indexing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive Indexing: One Drive for Business does not appear in this list for indexing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-indexing/563298ee-94df-4f49-aa32-953c6eb046b0
  6. One Drive Indexing

One Drive Indexing: One Drive for Business does not appear in this list for indexing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-indexing/563298ee-94df-4f49-aa32-953c6eb046b0
  7. unable to see the partitions

unable to see the partitions: Hi when i click on my PC, i just see the C drive, when there should be, E F and D drives as well. i never had this problem before, everything was working fine. when i open the disk management, i get this message. i have years' work in those drives and this is a bit concerning...
  8. unable to see the partitions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unable to see the partitions: Hi when i click on my PC, i just see the C drive, when there should be, E F and D drives as well. i never had this problem before, everything was working fine. when i open the disk management, i get this message. i have years' work in those drives and this is a bit concerning...
  9. Can only see one partition of hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can only see one partition of hard drive: I have an external Seagate Hard drive, with 2 partitions, but when I connect to my desktop and laptop with Windows, I can only see one of the partitions. This HD was previously connected to a Mac, but I would think I could still see all partitions on Windows, I've had HDs...
  10. Indexing doesn't see files...

in Windows 10 Support
    Indexing doesn't see files...: I've got a lot of PDF's in my User directory, which according to the Indexing service has been indexed (and it says it's done and has indexed thousands of files). PDF's are set to search file properties only. When I search for any of the PDF's by name though I don't find...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. server 2019 drive not in indexing options