Windows 10: Indexing Google Drive in Windows for Windows Search

Discus and support Indexing Google Drive in Windows for Windows Search in Cortana to solve the problem; Google Drive is now mapped to "G Drive" and listed in Explorer. Google Drive is mirrored on my computer.I want Windows to index the Google Drive files... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Zvi Marans, Aug 6, 2022.

1. Indexing Google Drive in Windows for Windows Search

Google Drive is now mapped to "G Drive" and listed in Explorer. Google Drive is mirrored on my computer.I want Windows to index the Google Drive files so I can use Windows search for my Google Drive, but I cannot add G drive to the Included Locations.Any insights, workarounds, etc.

:)

Zvi Marans, Aug 6, 2022
  2. Dalmango Win User

Search Not Indexing Optical Drive

Thanks,

• When you mentioned D Drive, are you pertaining to a partition or a separate external drive? - D Drive = Solid State Drive; 1 of 2 internal drives (the other being an optical drive);
    • Were you able to check if indexing was already completed? - Indexing completed on each attempt of rectification;
    • In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter - Done prior to posting; useless! It does not find any problems.

Dalmango, Aug 6, 2022
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 Windows Search / Indexing Stops Completing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type Services.msc In the search box.
    • Select Windows Search
    • Restart the services and set the service as Automatic
    If the issue persist try performing Rebuilding Index again.

To rebuild the index follow the steps below:

• Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
    • Open Indexing Options in the Control Panel.
    • Select the Advanced button in the Indexing Options window.
    • Select Rebuild in the Troubleshooting section of the Advanced Options window.
    • Select OK when it asks if you’re sure you want to re-build the search index.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Aug 6, 2022
  4. Jan Del Win User

Indexing Google Drive in Windows for Windows Search

Windows 10 indexing / search

Hi Erik,

System conflict is one of the possible reasons why the index built will not function properly. We suggest running the Search and Indexing troubleshooter by following these steps to resolve your issue:

• Open Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all.
    • Select Search and Indexing and select the proper scenario that you are experiencing on indexing and click
      Next for the troubleshooting to begin.
    Update us with the outcome so we can provide you further assistance.

Jan Del, Aug 6, 2022
Thema:

Indexing Google Drive in Windows for Windows Search

1. Indexing Google Drive in Windows for Windows Search - Similar Threads - Indexing Google Drive

2. Windows Search Index

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search Index: Hi,When I search my computer, I can find files with the word I'm searching for. But what I want to find is the contents of office files that have the word I searched for. So I want to add the contents of office files to the search index.In the search index advanced settings...
  3. Windows Search Index

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Search Index: Hi,When I search my computer, I can find files with the word I'm searching for. But what I want to find is the contents of office files that have the word I searched for. So I want to add the contents of office files to the search index.In the search index advanced settings...
  4. Indexing Google Drive in Windows for Windows Search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Indexing Google Drive in Windows for Windows Search: Google Drive is now mapped to "G Drive" and listed in Explorer. Google Drive is mirrored on my computer.I want Windows to index the Google Drive files so I can use Windows search for my Google Drive, but I cannot add G drive to the Included Locations.Any insights,...
  5. Indexing Google Drive in Windows for Windows Search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Indexing Google Drive in Windows for Windows Search: Google Drive is now mapped to "G Drive" and listed in Explorer. Google Drive is mirrored on my computer.I want Windows to index the Google Drive files so I can use Windows search for my Google Drive, but I cannot add G drive to the Included Locations.Any insights,...
  6. windows search and indexing

in Cortana
    windows search and indexing: hello the search in taskbar stopped working for some reason it i think crashes when i type or click on something in it, i have tried running the trouble shooter multiple times nothing, did this thing with power shell still nothing, did the w + r and then command Still nothing...
  7. windows search and indexing

in Cortana
    windows search and indexing: 1 my windows search does not search the d directory. 2 it happened at once that my index stopped working, when i go to the settings is crashes, i have tried all methods like run, command prompt, and at the end i restarted windows from iso, now i don't know what else i can...
  8. Window search and indexing

in Cortana
    Window search and indexing: I can only fine file names if i type a word in search box but i want to find indexed file content and files which contain the word i type. I tried to solve in many ways such as rebuilding indexes and changing permissions but nothing got different. I don't have such problems...
  9. Windows Search and Indexing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Search and Indexing: When I rebuild the index, I get the message "indexing complete" after a couple of hours, but only 4,000 files are indexed, which is only a small percentage of the total number of files in the directories I've listed for indexing. One directory contains over 10,000 files, a...
  10. Windows Search and - allow contents on this drive to be indexed

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search and - allow contents on this drive to be indexed: If I disable the setting "allow contents on this drive to be indexed" does it impact the windows search feature? My C drive is an SSD. I have been having issues with windows explorer being very slow on all drive so been researching possible issues. I came across that I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. everything slow indexing google drive