Windows 10: Indexing included locations keep disappearing

Discus and support Indexing included locations keep disappearing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey guys.... Usually I always have start menu and users in the indexing options...today they disappeared...I rebuilt the index..they came back ... An... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Steven Campoli, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Indexing included locations keep disappearing

Hey guys....

Usually I always have start menu and users in the indexing options...today they disappeared...I rebuilt the index..they came back ... An hour later again their not their..

Any ideas

:)

Steven Campoli, Jun 7, 2019

2. Windows 10 Quick Search Not Showing Indexed Locations

Hi,

Since you have already added it in Indexing options, we suggest you to run Indexing troubleshooter to check for possible caused of the issue. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click View all.
    • Click Search and Indexing.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Jun 7, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Index locations not all showing up in search

Hello,

There might be some settings missing or corrupted.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to remove the D drive from the indexing and run the indexing troubleshooter.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + X” to click on “Control Panel”.

• Click on “Troubleshooting” and click on “View all”.

• Click on “Search and Indexing” to run the troubleshooter.

Once this is done, restart the computer and check if this helps.

Method 2:

Re –build the indexing by adding the D drive and verify the result.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 7, 2019
  4. Jon Doe Win User

Indexing included locations keep disappearing

Not indexing (searching) truecrypt volume

I can't get windows 10 to search mounted truecrypt volumes, ie, type part of the file name into the "search windows" box and it doesn't bring up a "best match", I just get "no results found".
    I have added the volumes to indexing locations in the indexing options (eg local disk W) and it appears to be indexing it. They are listed in the "included locations" and after a few minutes indexed items goes up from 3,000 to 10,000 but the search box doesn't find any of the files.
    I have tried restarting the services
    net stop wmpnetworksvc
    net stop WSearch
    net start Wsearch
    net start wmpnetworksvc
    And also "rebuild index" but it still doesn't function.

Any suggestions?

Jon Doe, Jun 7, 2019
Thema:

Indexing included locations keep disappearing

1. Indexing included locations keep disappearing - Similar Threads - Indexing included locations

2. Indexing included locations keep disappearing

in Windows 10 Support
    Indexing included locations keep disappearing: Hey guys.... Usually I always have start menu and users in the indexing options...today they disappeared...I rebuilt the index..they came back ... An hour later again their not their.. Any ideas 134259
  3. Indexed Locations

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Indexed Locations: Does anybody knows why this "csc://...." thing is in my indexed locations? I cant't get rid of it and everytime i uncheck it it comes again checked. Also when i scroll the mouse over it, it tells me that the location is not available. Help [ATTACH]...
  4. Location of File History Index Files on C:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Location of File History Index Files on C:: Greetings all, I'm on a Windows 10 Professional machine, build 1731. My file history is on D:, but the index files are on C:. Restoring C: from an image overwrites them. Can anyone remind me as their location? I found it once but carelessly lost my notes. My goal is to...
  5. [Feature Request] Index network locations

in Windows 10 Customization
    [Feature Request] Index network locations: Hi, Windows used to have the ability to index network locations but that ability is not present in Windows 10. Can Microsoft please allow indexing of network locations? It would make attached USB hard drives on network locations much easier to deal with !...
  6. Problems aplenty; including the last attempt disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems aplenty; including the last attempt disappeared: I thought that I may have reached some preset limit of words because suddenly I could not type and the cursor sat in the last place it landed and something happened and everything disappeared. This time I'm copying the URL address and every word in the subject and body of...
  7. Changing Indexing and Contacts folder locations.

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Indexing and Contacts folder locations.: I'd appreciate opinions about the wisdom of moving the Indexing and Contacts folders off the OS partition. I once tried it with the system default Downloads, Music, and Picturers folders, and it caused a mess. As far as the Contacts folder is concerned, the system doesn't...
  8. Outlook 2013 not listed at index locations

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2013 not listed at index locations: I've purchased office 365 and installed it on my new notebook running windows 10. I've setup my e-mail account using microsoft exchange and want to use the windows search method. But when I look at the index options there is no microsoft outlook available. - I've already...
  9. Add or Remove Search Index Locations in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Search Index Locations in Windows 10: In my indexed locations, I see about 14 folders called DestopBackground. I have no idea why these are being indexed and I don't see anyway to exclude them from indexing. Do I need these to be in the indexing location and if not how do I remove them? Thanks. 58756
  10. Indexing Options keeps reverting to default

in Windows 10 Support
    Indexing Options keeps reverting to default: Hi all, I have been trying to set my Windows 10 Home 64-bit computer to index only the Start Menu but not anything else (such as IE Favourites, Documents). I know exactly where all my documents are; the only time I use search is something like, I press the Win key, and...