Windows 10: Indexing included locations keep disappearing

Discus and support Indexing included locations keep disappearing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey guys.... Usually I always have start menu and users in the indexing options...today they disappeared...I rebuilt the index..they came back ... An... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Steven Campoli, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Indexing included locations keep disappearing

Hey guys....

Usually I always have start menu and users in the indexing options...today they disappeared...I rebuilt the index..they came back ... An hour later again their not their..

Any ideas

:)

Steven Campoli, Jun 7, 2019

2. Windows 10 Quick Search Not Showing Indexed Locations

Hi,

Since you have already added it in Indexing options, we suggest you to run Indexing troubleshooter to check for possible caused of the issue. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click View all.
    • Click Search and Indexing.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Jun 7, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Index locations not all showing up in search

Hello,

There might be some settings missing or corrupted.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to remove the D drive from the indexing and run the indexing troubleshooter.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + X” to click on “Control Panel”.

• Click on “Troubleshooting” and click on “View all”.

• Click on “Search and Indexing” to run the troubleshooter.

Once this is done, restart the computer and check if this helps.

Method 2:

Re –build the indexing by adding the D drive and verify the result.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 7, 2019
  4. Jon Doe Win User

Indexing included locations keep disappearing

Not indexing (searching) truecrypt volume

I can't get windows 10 to search mounted truecrypt volumes, ie, type part of the file name into the "search windows" box and it doesn't bring up a "best match", I just get "no results found".
    I have added the volumes to indexing locations in the indexing options (eg local disk W) and it appears to be indexing it. They are listed in the "included locations" and after a few minutes indexed items goes up from 3,000 to 10,000 but the search box doesn't find any of the files.
    I have tried restarting the services
    net stop wmpnetworksvc
    net stop WSearch
    net start Wsearch
    net start wmpnetworksvc
    And also "rebuild index" but it still doesn't function.

Any suggestions?

Jon Doe, Jun 7, 2019
Thema:

Indexing included locations keep disappearing

1. Indexing included locations keep disappearing - Similar Threads - Indexing included locations

2. How do I include App Data in the Included Locations in Indexing Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I include App Data in the Included Locations in Indexing Windows 11?: No matter what I try - removing AppData from the Excluded folders time after time, this keeps on being excluded. I am now rebuilding Indexing however the AppData has reappeared in Excluded once more. Is this some sort of default that can be overridden? Thanks....
  3. How do I include App Data in the Included Locations in Indexing Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I include App Data in the Included Locations in Indexing Windows 11?: No matter what I try - removing AppData from the Excluded folders time after time, this keeps on being excluded. I am now rebuilding Indexing however the AppData has reappeared in Excluded once more. Is this some sort of default that can be overridden? Thanks....
  4. Change Selected Indexed Locations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Selected Indexed Locations: Hello, I was unchecking folders that I don't want to show up when searching windows, and I came across a folder location checked under index locations "CSC://{S-1-5-21-#####" bunch of numbers. I attached screenshot. It says to this location not available, uncheck to stop find...
  5. Change Selected Indexed Locations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Selected Indexed Locations: Hello, I was unchecking folders that I don't want to show up when searching windows, and I came across a folder location checked under index locations "CSC://{S-1-5-21-#####" bunch of numbers. I attached screenshot. It says to this location not available, uncheck to stop find...
  6. windows indexing options - removable drives - keep disappearing from included locations

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows indexing options - removable drives - keep disappearing from included locations: hi i have a windows 10 pc. i mount removable drives to the pc's Y & Z. i open 'indexing options'. i add Y & Z. Y & Z are indexed. i reboot the pc perhaps even put pc to hibernate then bring back from hibernate even tho removable drives still attached. i remount the...
  7. File search indexing seems to NOT include contents

in Cortana
    File search indexing seems to NOT include contents: Hello, again, and thank you for reading my post. When I had a WindowsXP PC, it was pretty easy to search a folder and its subfolders, too based on the contents of the files therein such as by asking for a search based on a keyword or other text string. However, with my...
  8. Cannot change search index locations to include C-drive

in Cortana
    Cannot change search index locations to include C-drive: Searching any C-drive folders on my machine was taking a long time and not returning any results always returns "No items match your search", so I am attempting to change the indexing options to include my C-drive. However, when I select it on the Indexed Locations dialog,...
  9. Indexing included locations keep disappearing

in Windows 10 Support
    Indexing included locations keep disappearing: Hey guys.... Usually I always have start menu and users in the indexing options...today they disappeared...I rebuilt the index..they came back ... An hour later again their not their.. Any ideas 134259
  10. Indexed Locations

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Indexed Locations: Does anybody knows why this "csc://...." thing is in my indexed locations? I cant't get rid of it and everytime i uncheck it it comes again checked. Also when i scroll the mouse over it, it tells me that the location is not available. Help [ATTACH]...