Windows 10: Indexing is paused, every time I restart it runs for about a 1000 items and then pauses again

Discus and support Indexing is paused, every time I restart it runs for about a 1000 items and then pauses again in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; As the title suggests, my indexing gets paused, and when I attempt to restart the service or rebuild, it runs for a bit then pauses again. Tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by UpbeatIsland802, May 14, 2021.

1. Indexing is paused, every time I restart it runs for about a 1000 items and then pauses again

As the title suggests, my indexing gets paused, and when I attempt to restart the service or rebuild, it runs for a bit then pauses again. Tried everything I could find to fix this restarting the windows search service and rebuilding the index but just keeps happening. Extremely annoying since its preventing me from creating a proper index with all the items, and affecting my Windows Search as a result.

:)

UpbeatIsland802, May 14, 2021

2. Automatically pause indexing when on battery power?

Hi Mike,

We understand that you want your PC to automatically pause indexing when using the battery power.

Windows 10 only has the "Prevent indexing when running on battery power to conserve energy" option in the
    Local Group Policy Editor. You can follow these steps on how to enable it:

• Type gpedit.msc in the Cortana search field, then select
      Edit group policy from the results.
    • Click Local Computer Policy from the left pane, then
      Computer Configuration
    • Click Administrative Templates, then Windows Components.
    • Select Search.
    • Locate and double-click "Prevent indexing when running on battery power to conserve energy" from the right pane.
    • Tick Enable, then click OK.

Let us know what happens after enabling the above mentioned setting.

Regards.

Michelle Her, May 14, 2021
  3. Mike 1430 Win User
    Automatically pause indexing when on battery power?

Does windows have an option to automatically pause indexing when on battery power?

IT SHOULD, in Power Options.

Mike 1430, May 14, 2021
  4. RKE_186 Win User

Indexing is paused, every time I restart it runs for about a 1000 items and then pauses again

When I choose "Restart" from the meu there is an approximately 5 min pause at the

*Original Title: Pause on Restart

When I choose "Restart" from the meu there is an approximately 5 min pause at the

"Time, Date, Beach scene" window

I have disabled all the items on the "Startup tab on the Task Manager" and it still pauses.

Any log I can examine to see where the pause occurs or any other Ideas.

thanks

RKE_186, May 14, 2021
Thema:

Indexing is paused, every time I restart it runs for about a 1000 items and then pauses again

1. Indexing is paused, every time I restart it runs for about a 1000 items and then pauses again - Similar Threads - Indexing paused every

2. Windows 11 Indexing is paused and wont restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Indexing is paused and wont restart.: My indexing has decided to rebuild and is now paused.I have run the trouble shooter. Never works.I have stopped and restarted via services.msc. It starts then pauses immediately.I do not use outlook.Rebuild starts and then pauses.I've tried through task manager. No joy.My...
  3. Windows 11 Indexing is paused and wont restart.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Indexing is paused and wont restart.: My indexing has decided to rebuild and is now paused.I have run the trouble shooter. Never works.I have stopped and restarted via services.msc. It starts then pauses immediately.I do not use outlook.Rebuild starts and then pauses.I've tried through task manager. No joy.My...
  4. Indexing is pausing Automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Indexing is pausing Automatically: We have found issue with the indexing in Windows 11.Indexing has been paused automatically. Already checked the following steps.1 Troubleshoot Search & indexing issue by Windows Troubleshoot2 Restarted Windows Search Service in services.msc3 Restarted & Updated After these...
  5. Indexing is pausing Automatically

Indexing is pausing Automatically: We have found issue with the indexing in Windows 11.Indexing has been paused automatically. Already checked the following steps.1 Troubleshoot Search & indexing issue by Windows Troubleshoot2 Restarted Windows Search Service in services.msc3 Restarted & Updated After these...
  6. Indexing Keeps Pausing

in Cortana
    Indexing Keeps Pausing: Hello, I have searched multiple forums and none have helped so I’m here. I’m attempting to reminded my laptop and upon hitting rebuild it will index for half a second then say “indexing is paused”. The pause button within indexing options is greyed out and the only thing that...
  7. Indexing Keeps Pausing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Indexing Keeps Pausing: Hello, I have searched multiple forums and none have helped so I’m here. I’m attempting to reminded my laptop and upon hitting rebuild it will index for half a second then say “indexing is paused”. The pause button within indexing options is greyed out and the only thing that...
  8. Indexing Keeps Pausing

9. Indexing is paused

in Cortana
    Indexing is paused: So.. i need help, because 2 hours ago my indexing is paused What i do? 1. Already troubleshoot search and indexing 2. Already taskmanager to force close search 3. Update window 4. From support to restart and the indexing still paused [ATTACH]...
  10. redownload the game every time i pause it

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    redownload the game every time i pause it: i have a problem when i downloaded 6 gigabyte of forza horizon 4 i pause the download and after like 10 minutes i resume the download and it delete the 6 gigabyte and start again from the beginning...