Windows 10: Indexing Issue

Discus and support Indexing Issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I go to the Indexing Options in Control Panel and select Modify I get the same box checked no matter how many times I uncheck it. Can not seem to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tazmo8448, Sep 12, 2019 at 2:22 PM.

1. tazmo8448 Win User

Indexing Issue

When I go to the Indexing Options in Control Panel and select Modify I get the same box checked no matter how many times I uncheck it. Can not seem to find where this 'iehistory' is saved or stored. Have read other issues like the Csc offline files showing up unwanted in Index Options and how to delete it but nothing on this particular issue.
    See screenshot below:

Indexing Issue [​IMG]

:)

2. David Haz Win User

Unable to make changes in Indexing Options

Hello,

We suggest to run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter and check if it helps with the indexing issue you are experiencing.

Here's how you may run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter:

• Press the Windows key + X, and then click
      Control Panel
    • Type Troubleshooting, and then click View all.
    • Click Search and Indexing.
    • Follow the steps provided by the troubleshooter.

Tell us how it goes.

Regards.

3. Indexing is not working

Hi Doc,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

This issue may occur due to corrupt Windows search files or settings. I suggest you to follow the below method and check if it helps.

Method 1: I would suggest you to run search and indexing troubleshooter
    and check. Please follow these steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search box on taskbar.

• Click troubleshooting in the search results.

• Click "View all" and then click "Search and Indexing".

• Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.

Method 2: Check if Indexing and Windows Search services are enabled. If not, enable them, if they are already enabled, then disable Windows Search Service and then enable again and restart.

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type services in the run box, go to the Windows search services and restart them.
    Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Sep 12, 2019 at 2:25 PM
  4. Arun B J Win User

Indexing Issue

Windows 10 Windows Search / Indexing Stops Completing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type Services.msc In the search box.
    • Select Windows Search
    • Restart the services and set the service as Automatic
    If the issue persist try performing Rebuilding Index again.

To rebuild the index follow the steps below:

• Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
    • Open Indexing Options in the Control Panel.
    • Select the Advanced button in the Indexing Options window.
    • Select Rebuild in the Troubleshooting section of the Advanced Options window.
    • Select OK when it asks if you’re sure you want to re-build the search index.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Thema:

Indexing Issue

1. Indexing Issue - Similar Threads - Indexing Issue

2. Network Search: NO "Allow files in this folder to have contents indexed" checkbox

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Search: NO "Allow files in this folder to have contents indexed" checkbox: I cannot search my NAS device with Windows 10. This is absolutely critical as I have a research database located on that device, as well as built-in redundancy. I have my old Windows 7 computer still in service JUST to search the network. Every internal answer to "how to...
  3. how do i index a ready share

how do i index a ready share: how do i index a ready share https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-index-a-ready-share/c081fa05-2f6a-4971-89a8-e6e41970307a"
  4. Windows 10 Search Indexing and Windows update are not working.

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Indexing and Windows update are not working.: Windows 10 Search Indexing and Windows Update are not working. Both show they are "starting" under services and properties. They cannot be stopped, disabled or started (greyed out). Troubleshooting Search & Indexing and Windows Update identifies the problem(s) on both as not...
  5. Indexing is not running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Indexing is not running: File searches are extremely slow (about 10 times slower than in Windows 10). When I go to "Indexing Options" it tells me "indexing is not running" and it doesn't let me enter anything under "Index these locations". Same is true under "Advanced Options"....
  6. Cannot start search service / indexing in Windows 10, cannot find the path specified

Cannot start search service / indexing in Windows 10, cannot find the path specified: Cannot start indexing service in Windows 10 When manually starting it says: Cannot find the path specified Tried already many things like the troubleshooter , but none worked...
  7. File Search Indexing

File Search Indexing: Hello community, my files from a network mapped drive are not indexed. when i search a file from Windows Search, it does not find the file yet the is there on my network mapped drive. The workstation is running windows 10, my network folder is shared locally from Windows 10...
  8. Searching in file explorer not working. No folders in indexing options, what to do?

in Cortana
    Searching in file explorer not working. No folders in indexing options, what to do?: [ATTACH] Indexing options shows a never-ending "Waiting to receive indexing status.." Clicking on Advanced causes it to freeze completely, can't even close the app without the use of Task Manager. Occasionally Modify will be ungreyed, but when I click it, it just loads...
  9. Fixing the "Index is not running" issue

in Cortana
    Fixing the "Index is not running" issue: The purpose of this post is to suggest another method of fixing the "Indexing is not running" problem. Please bear with me; I am not a Windows expert, but I felt the need to write this post simply because all of the other solutions "out there" did not fix my problem. The...
  10. Strange Search Indexer Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange Search Indexer Issue: I've never encountered this bug before. So a few days ago, my Search Indexer decided to go strange on me. I wasn't able to find files on different drives that are connected to the computer. I did all 3 options at: Rebuild Search Index in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials...