Windows 10: Indexing keep reseting with each computer turn off/on

Discus and support Indexing keep reseting with each computer turn off/on in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello everyone,I have a really annoying problem with my Windows 11. Every time I turn off the computer and then turn it off indexing is resetting and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Rainteq, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Rainteq Win User

Indexing keep reseting with each computer turn off/on

Hello everyone,I have a really annoying problem with my Windows 11. Every time I turn off the computer and then turn it off indexing is resetting and I cannot search my messages in Outlook or files on local drives. I tried to rebuild the index, move it to another drive/folder, and change some regedit values and it keeps going. I even did W11 repair via installation media with keeping current files - nothing works. I also used DISM and sfc. Did anyone have a similar problem? Windows 11 Pro version Version 21H2 OS Build 22000.856 Features Package of Windows 1000.22000.856.0

:)

Rainteq, Aug 11, 2022
  2. Ruz San Win User

Search Indexing was Turned Off

Hi,

The Indexing Service in Windows Services may not be running, resulting to what you are experiencing on the computer. It will be better if you provide more information about the recent activities on the computer to understand why this happened. Kindly answer
    these questions:

• Did this start after installing updates on your computer?
    • Did you make any changes on your settings prior to this issue?

Let's see if we can restart the Indexing Service by performing the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type services.msc then press Enter.
    • Look for Indexing Service.
    • Right-click on the service and choose Restart.

Let us know if the steps above resolve the issue. Feel free to post questions if you have any.

Regards.

Ruz San, Aug 11, 2022
  3. malernah Win User
    Search Indexing was Turned Off

When searching on Start Menu, it says Search Indexing was Turned Off. When I click on Turn On Indexing, I get Indexing is not running. There's no option to start indexing, and troubleshoot search and indexing doesn't turn it on.

Indexing keep reseting with each computer turn off/on 90359a9b-3438-4cdc-bcbc-c0236190f699.png

Please let me know what steps I can take to troubleshoot and resolve, and I will follow steps and post results of steps.

malernah, Aug 11, 2022
  4. Wailem Win User

Search index will not turn on even after computer reset

Hi, third time posting with this line of questioning.

So after many computer resets, search indexing will not turn on.

The startup type is set to automatic.

When I try to rebuild the search index, nothing happens.

When I try to start the search index I get this error:

Error 15: the system could not find the drive specified

I'm amazed that a system reset could fail to solve any problem, but here we are.

Can anyone help me solve this error?

Thanks

Running windows 10 on asus t100 chi

Wailem, Aug 11, 2022
Thema:

1. Indexing keep reseting with each computer turn off/on - Similar Threads - Indexing keep reseting

2. Screen Turn Off Keep resetting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen Turn Off Keep resetting: II want my screen to turn off after one hour. I have it set that way on the Power & Sleep section of settings. But then in a few days I find it is reset itself to 15 minutes. How do I keep this setting permanently at one hour?...
  3. Screen Turn Off Keep resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Turn Off Keep resetting: II want my screen to turn off after one hour. I have it set that way on the Power & Sleep section of settings. But then in a few days I find it is reset itself to 15 minutes. How do I keep this setting permanently at one hour?...
  4. Screen Turn Off Keep resetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Indexing keep reseting with each computer turn off/on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Indexing keep reseting with each computer turn off/on: Hello everyone,I have a really annoying problem with my Windows 11. Every time I turn off the computer and then turn it off indexing is resetting and I cannot search my messages in Outlook or files on local drives. I tried to rebuild the index, move it to another...
  6. Searching Index was turned off. Index Service missing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Searching Index was turned off. Index Service missing.: Good day!I have no idea why but my "Searching Index was turned off". When I try entering advanced settings, it says index is not running. I am not able to click anything else other than Advanced. In advanced, I also cannot press nothing other than rebuild index. I have tried...
  7. Computer reset turning off at 65%.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer reset turning off at 65%.: I decided to reset my computer because its been glitching a lot and its very slow. While the reset was happening it just shuts down. I waited 5 minutes then I turned it back on. It was at 64%. When it went to 65% it just turned off. I turned it back on. It was at 64% again...
  8. Computer keeps turning off randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer keeps turning off randomly: About 3 times a day at random intervals, my computer will automatically go to a blue screen and restart itself. this last time it did the "kmode_exception_not_handled" at the blue screen. ive tried to narrow down issue but am having no luck. Im going to try and upload the dmp...
  9. windows 10 keeps resetting mouse pointer speed each time i restart or turn off the computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 keeps resetting mouse pointer speed each time i restart or turn off the computer: I am faceing problem like my mouse pointer speed keep changing itself when i restart or re open my computer. I don't know why it's happen. Can any one please help me to solve this problem ??? 1. Some days before i have disconnected my touch pad and now using aditional...
  10. Computer keeps turning itself on and off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer keeps turning itself on and off: I am very frustrated with Microsoft and the Edge from 10. my COMPUTER KEEPS TURNING ITSELF ON AND OFF FOR NO REASON AND IT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! HOW DO I FIX THIS PROBLEM I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING AND IT DOES NOT HELP THE PROBLEM. * Moved from MSN?Accounts...