Windows 10: Indexing Keeps Pausing

Discus and support Indexing Keeps Pausing in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I have searched multiple forums and none have helped so I’m here. I’m attempting to reminded my laptop and upon hitting rebuild it will index... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Chrisman21, Dec 5, 2021.

1. Indexing Keeps Pausing

Hello, I have searched multiple forums and none have helped so I’m here. I’m attempting to reminded my laptop and upon hitting rebuild it will index for half a second then say “indexing is paused”. The pause button within indexing options is greyed out and the only thing that starts the indexing again is if I go to services and restart the windows search service. The caveat to that however is that it will only work for about a half second then still say “indexing is paused” only to index 100 files or so each time I restart the service. I disabled my antivirus and anti malware, I attempted to r

:)

Chrisman21, Dec 5, 2021

2. Automatically pause indexing when on battery power?

Hi Mike,

We understand that you want your PC to automatically pause indexing when using the battery power.

Windows 10 only has the "Prevent indexing when running on battery power to conserve energy" option in the
    Local Group Policy Editor. You can follow these steps on how to enable it:

• Type gpedit.msc in the Cortana search field, then select
      Edit group policy from the results.
    • Click Local Computer Policy from the left pane, then
      Computer Configuration
    • Click Administrative Templates, then Windows Components.
    • Select Search.
    • Locate and double-click "Prevent indexing when running on battery power to conserve energy" from the right pane.
    • Tick Enable, then click OK.

Let us know what happens after enabling the above mentioned setting.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Dec 5, 2021
  3. Windows keeps indexing Pictures folder when removed

Hi Jay,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps. I suggest you to run Indexing troubleshooter and check.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting on the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Type indexing on the search bar and click on click on
      search and indexing.

• Click on Advanced on the search and indexing dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 5, 2021
  4. David Haz Win User

Indexing Keeps Pausing

Unable to make changes in Indexing Options

Hello,

We suggest to run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter and check if it helps with the indexing issue you are experiencing.

Here's how you may run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter:

• Press the Windows key + X, and then click
      Control Panel
    • Type Troubleshooting, and then click View all.
    • Click Search and Indexing.
    • Follow the steps provided by the troubleshooter.

Tell us how it goes.

Regards.

David Haz, Dec 5, 2021
Thema:

Indexing Keeps Pausing

1. Indexing Keeps Pausing - Similar Threads - Indexing Keeps Pausing

2. Indexing keep getting paused for no apparent reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Indexing keep getting paused for no apparent reason: Hi,I have a new Galaxy Book2 Pro with Windows 11 installed.The file indexing keeps pausing for no apparent reason.The only way to un-pause it is go to the Services window and restart Windows Search.When I restart the search service, the indexing starts working again, but a...
  3. Indexing keep getting paused for no apparent reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Indexing keep getting paused for no apparent reason: Hi,I have a new Galaxy Book2 Pro with Windows 11 installed.The file indexing keeps pausing for no apparent reason.The only way to un-pause it is go to the Services window and restart Windows Search.When I restart the search service, the indexing starts working again, but a...
  4. Windows 11 Indexing is paused

Windows 11 Indexing is paused: What the hell is up with Windows 11 and the indexing being paused? I was told by customer help to rebuild, which I did. And it took forever to index a few thousand files and was still not finished when...Yesterday, windows took it upon itself to start rebuilding without...
  5. window 11 indexing is pause

window 11 indexing is pause: hi i have few ppl who has already update to window 11 facing the problem for outlook search i check they system it write indexing is pause i try rebuil it and change a location also it also going to pause and unable resume it .this problem it make them cannot search last...
  6. Indexing is pausing Automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Indexing is pausing Automatically: We have found issue with the indexing in Windows 11.Indexing has been paused automatically. Already checked the following steps.1 Troubleshoot Search & indexing issue by Windows Troubleshoot2 Restarted Windows Search Service in services.msc3 Restarted & Updated After these...
  7. Indexing is pausing Automatically

Indexing is pausing Automatically: We have found issue with the indexing in Windows 11.Indexing has been paused automatically. Already checked the following steps.1 Troubleshoot Search & indexing issue by Windows Troubleshoot2 Restarted Windows Search Service in services.msc3 Restarted & Updated After these...
  8. Indexing Keeps Pausing

in Cortana
    Indexing Keeps Pausing: Hello, I have searched multiple forums and none have helped so I’m here. I’m attempting to reminded my laptop and upon hitting rebuild it will index for half a second then say “indexing is paused”. The pause button within indexing options is greyed out and the only thing that...
  9. Indexing Keeps Pausing

Indexing Keeps Pausing: Hello, I have searched multiple forums and none have helped so I’m here. I’m attempting to reminded my laptop and upon hitting rebuild it will index for half a second then say “indexing is paused”. The pause button within indexing options is greyed out and the only thing that...
  10. Indexing is paused

in Cortana
    Indexing is paused: So.. i need help, because 2 hours ago my indexing is paused What i do? 1. Already troubleshoot search and indexing 2. Already taskmanager to force close search 3. Update window 4. From support to restart and the indexing still paused [ATTACH]...