Windows 10: Indexing keeps rebuilding itself several times per week

Discus and support Indexing keeps rebuilding itself several times per week in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, the issue described in this thread:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Per Schunnesson, May 16, 2019.

1. Indexing keeps rebuilding itself several times per week

Hi,

the issue described in this thread:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...imes-per/ef78b689-f145-4cd7-b5d0-47d461e1f2d8

...continues on a completely new machine (Win 10 Pro) where the personal files has been copied from the old pc.

So I wonder, could it be some corrupted file(s) that causes indexing to start all over again?

How to find out and get rid of this problem that is very much annoying?

Thanks!

:)

Per Schunnesson, May 16, 2019

2. Indexing keeps rebuilding itself several times per week

Hi,

this is problem I haven't found any solution to:

Indexing keeps rebuilding itself several times per week.

This is of course very annoying. I have tried the Search & Indexing troubleshoohter, the sfc /scannow command and the DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image commands but with no success. The issue persists.

What more to try?

Or do I need to re-install the system?

Thanks!

Per Schunnesson, May 16, 2019
  3. Indexing keeps rebuilding itself several times per week

Hello,

Try rebuilding index manually:

https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-reset-and-rebu...

If the problem still occurs, perform repair upgrade:

https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-repair-windows...

Let us know if this helps!

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Kapil Arya [Directly], May 16, 2019
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

Indexing keeps rebuilding itself several times per week

Hello,

This could be caused by a task or program that automatically runs when your system starts. I recommend that you boot your system in safe mode state, refer to this support article on

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Additionally, you may want to check your Task Scheduler library for any tasks that is scheduled to run that is related to file indexing. Kindly follow the steps below:

1. Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    2. Type in Task Scheduler and press Enter.
    3. Under Task Scheduler (Local), go to Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft.
    4. Check if there are tasks scheduled to run related to file indexing. To disable the task, right-click on the item and then click Disable.

If the issue still persists, I recommend that you disable the WSearch service. Refer to the steps below:

1. Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    2. Type in Services.msc in the search bar and press Enter.
    3. Under Services (Local), look for Windows Search and double click on it.
    4. Under General tab, change the option to Disabled next to the Startup type option.
    5. Hit Apply to save changes.

Let me know how it goes.

Ferdz Amp, May 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Indexing keeps rebuilding itself several times per week - Similar Threads - Indexing keeps rebuilding

2. Problem with PC rebooting multiple times per day / several times a week

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with PC rebooting multiple times per day / several times a week: About two months ago, I upgraded my system new MOBO, RAM, CPU and also installed a fresh copy of Win10 Home Edition. Shortly thereafter, I've had a recurring problem with my PC just randomly rebooting. It can be while I'm actively doing something or when I'm away. It seems to...
  3. Problem with PC rebooting multiple times per day / several times a week

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with PC rebooting multiple times per day / several times a week: About two months ago, I upgraded my system new MOBO, RAM, CPU and also installed a fresh copy of Win10 Home Edition. Shortly thereafter, I've had a recurring problem with my PC just randomly rebooting. It can be while I'm actively doing something or when I'm away. It seems to...
  4. Problem with PC rebooting multiple times per day / several times a week

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Search Index rebuild time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Search Index rebuild time: Microsoft Windows Search Indexer was taking up unusually high CPU and power output on my windows 11 laptop. On an online forum, I read that if restarting the service doesn't work the best way is to rebuild the entire index.Now it's been almost 3 days since the search index...
  6. Windows Search Index rebuild time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search Index rebuild time: Microsoft Windows Search Indexer was taking up unusually high CPU and power output on my windows 11 laptop. On an online forum, I read that if restarting the service doesn't work the best way is to rebuild the entire index.Now it's been almost 3 days since the search index...
  7. rebuilding index

in Windows 10 Gaming
    rebuilding index: my windows search bar is not allowing me to type it also will not let me type into the search ber in file explorer. looked up some youtube videos and followed all the methods and none of them were working and i came across rebuilding the index and it is for some reason paused...
  8. Indexing keeps rebuilding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Indexing keeps rebuilding: HI - all I have done for the last 5 days is work on Windows Index. It takes over a day to index my PC i7 with 16 Gig Ram including an external drive. In total 2m files. Now for the 3rd time, the index just rebuilds itself from scratch. I did a refresh install of Windows on...
  9. Windows 10 Search Index keeps rebuilding itself

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Index keeps rebuilding itself: Every month or so I'll notice that my search isn't finding stuff that I know is there. A quick check of the Search Index shows that it is rebuilding itself from scratch. Given that I have a lot of stuff, that usually takes a full day to rebuild completely. Which is somewhat...
  10. Windows 10 Search Index keeps rebuilding itself

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Search Index keeps rebuilding itself: Every month or so I'll notice that my search isn't finding stuff that I know is there. A quick check of the Search Index shows that it is rebuilding itself from scratch. Given that I have a lot of stuff, that usually takes a full day to rebuild completely. Which is somewhat...