Windows 10: Indexing keeps rebuilding itself several times per week

Discus and support Indexing keeps rebuilding itself several times per week in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, the issue described in this thread:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Per Schunnesson, May 16, 2019 at 1:22 PM.

1. Indexing keeps rebuilding itself several times per week

Hi,

the issue described in this thread:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...imes-per/ef78b689-f145-4cd7-b5d0-47d461e1f2d8

...continues on a completely new machine (Win 10 Pro) where the personal files has been copied from the old pc.

So I wonder, could it be some corrupted file(s) that causes indexing to start all over again?

How to find out and get rid of this problem that is very much annoying?

Thanks!

:)

Per Schunnesson, May 16, 2019 at 1:22 PM

2. Indexing keeps rebuilding itself several times per week

Hi,

this is problem I haven't found any solution to:

Indexing keeps rebuilding itself several times per week.

This is of course very annoying. I have tried the Search & Indexing troubleshoohter, the sfc /scannow command and the DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image commands but with no success. The issue persists.

What more to try?

Or do I need to re-install the system?

Thanks!

Per Schunnesson, May 16, 2019 at 1:28 PM
  3. Indexing keeps rebuilding itself several times per week

Hello,

Try rebuilding index manually:

https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-reset-and-rebu...

If the problem still occurs, perform repair upgrade:

https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-repair-windows...

Let us know if this helps!

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Kapil Arya [Directly], May 16, 2019 at 1:28 PM
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

Indexing keeps rebuilding itself several times per week

Hello,

This could be caused by a task or program that automatically runs when your system starts. I recommend that you boot your system in safe mode state, refer to this support article on

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Additionally, you may want to check your Task Scheduler library for any tasks that is scheduled to run that is related to file indexing. Kindly follow the steps below:

1. Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    2. Type in Task Scheduler and press Enter.
    3. Under Task Scheduler (Local), go to Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft.
    4. Check if there are tasks scheduled to run related to file indexing. To disable the task, right-click on the item and then click Disable.

If the issue still persists, I recommend that you disable the WSearch service. Refer to the steps below:

1. Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    2. Type in Services.msc in the search bar and press Enter.
    3. Under Services (Local), look for Windows Search and double click on it.
    4. Under General tab, change the option to Disabled next to the Startup type option.
    5. Hit Apply to save changes.

Let me know how it goes.

Thema:

1. Indexing keeps rebuilding itself several times per week - Similar Threads - Indexing keeps rebuilding

2. Server Restarting Several Times per day.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Server Restarting Several Times per day.: I have a Windows Server 2016 that is restarting a couple of times per day. Critical Event Viewer Page below. Any insight would be apprecaited. -<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - <System> <Provider...
  3. Rebuilding the Index problem.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Rebuilding the Index problem.: I have a directory with lots of files and it sorts very slowly, so I rebuilt my index via "Indexing Options" hoping to get some performance improvements. Didn't work out the way I hoped. My context menu in File Manager is very slow when I choose NEW to create a new folder or...
  4. Windows 10 Search Index keeps rebuilding itself

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Index keeps rebuilding itself: Every month or so I'll notice that my search isn't finding stuff that I know is there. A quick check of the Search Index shows that it is rebuilding itself from scratch. Given that I have a lot of stuff, that usually takes a full day to rebuild completely. Which is somewhat...
  5. Windows 10 Search Index keeps rebuilding itself

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Search Index keeps rebuilding itself: Every month or so I'll notice that my search isn't finding stuff that I know is there. A quick check of the Search Index shows that it is rebuilding itself from scratch. Given that I have a lot of stuff, that usually takes a full day to rebuild completely. Which is somewhat...
  6. Windows Updates Triggers Index Rebuild

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updates Triggers Index Rebuild: I've been experiencing spontaneous index rebuilds whenever updates get installed. Any one else seeing this? It's been happening for several months and it seems to be definitively caused by any update. For instance KB4467702 (Nov 11) caused it, then my index was just about...
  7. "unpause" an index rebuild

in Cortana
    "unpause" an index rebuild: I paused an index rebuild and now I want to "unpause" it, but can't figure out how get it going again. Any help would be greatly appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unpause-an-index-rebuild/1e1cd607-999c-4c68-bd8c-c077e5951089"
  8. Rebuilding index never completes

in Cortana
    Rebuilding index never completes: I have developed a problem with Windows 10 search facility. It was suggested that I rebuild the index. I have done this now at least 8 times but it never completes and when I search I always get the result that windows is reindexing. The error message I receive is...
  9. Several blue screens per week, nothing seems to fix it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Several blue screens per week, nothing seems to fix it: For the past year or so, I've been getting BSOD errors. The error happens at a random time when using my computer. At first it was rare and I wasn't really concerned, but it's been getting more and more frequent, with scarier sounding error messages (as you can tell, my...
  10. AppHangB1 explorer.exe crashes several times per day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    AppHangB1 explorer.exe crashes several times per day: This problem has occurred mostly since 6/20. 2-4 times per day. I cannot identify anything in particular that I am doing when the crash occurs. Has happened when switching apps with taskbar and after login (after I have stepped away for a while) I can restart explorer and...