Windows 10: Indexing not running

Discus and support Indexing not running in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i've got a rescue flashdrive *Wink If i restore the image and it doesn't work then i've lost time for nothing and potential files. I'd rather do it the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ch3vr0n, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Ch3vr0n Win User

Indexing not running

i've got a rescue flashdrive *Wink If i restore the image and it doesn't work then i've lost time for nothing and potential files. I'd rather do it the VM way first or straight up in-place upgrade.

Ch3vr0n, Aug 16, 2016
  2. OldMike65 Win User

So your telling me you don't know which image file you made that works 100% ??? Interesting....I only make mine when everything is working 100% so I know which one to restore. But.....do it your way if you want. *Smile

OldMike65, Aug 16, 2016
  3. OldMike65 Win User
    As far as loosing potential files, you could make a NEW backup now, before restoring an older image. just a suggestion. As you can pick any files from a Macrium image and restore just that file from within an image.

OldMike65, Aug 16, 2016
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Indexing not running

Sorry I got to run.....I'll be back on later thou. Good Luck *Smile

OldMike65, Aug 16, 2016
  5. Ch3vr0n Win User
    Sorry it took me so long but only now had tthe guts/time to do it. Just finished the inplace upgrade. No dice, still error 5 access denied. It WILL fix it MS said, well they were wrong. Looks like i'm going to have to do a clean OS install. ****, and that won't happen any time soon.

Ch3vr0n, Sep 16, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Indexing not running

1. Indexing not running - Similar Threads - Indexing running

2. Indexing is running, but documents are not being indexed. We are unable to stop, start,,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Indexing is running, but documents are not being indexed. We are unable to stop, start,,...: Last week onwards, I looked for the screenshot below. Restarted many times but there was no result.Indexing is running, but documents are not being indexed. We are unable to stop, start,, and restart the Windows search services in the Services.msc.I have done the following...
  3. Indexing is running, but documents are not being indexed. We are unable to stop, start,,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Indexing is running, but documents are not being indexed. We are unable to stop, start,,...: Last week onwards, I looked for the screenshot below. Restarted many times but there was no result.Indexing is running, but documents are not being indexed. We are unable to stop, start,, and restart the Windows search services in the Services.msc.I have done the following...
  4. Windows 11 Indexing Is Paused But Still Running in Background, Constant CPU Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Indexing Is Paused But Still Running in Background, Constant CPU Usage: Inside of Indexing Options, the number of items indexed continues to increase yet says that indexing is paused:Indexing never finishes, eventually just stopping itself sometime after 100,000 items out of roughly 600,000 items. Even after stopping, Windows Search Filter Host...
  5. Windows 11 Indexing Is Paused But Still Running in Background, Constant CPU Usage

Windows 11 Indexing Is Paused But Still Running in Background, Constant CPU Usage: Inside of Indexing Options, the number of items indexed continues to increase yet says that indexing is paused:Indexing never finishes, eventually just stopping itself sometime after 100,000 items out of roughly 600,000 items. Even after stopping, Windows Search Filter Host...
  6. Indexing is not running.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Indexing is not running.: When searching on Start Menu, it says Search Indexing was Turned Off. When I click on Turn On Indexing, I get Indexing is not running. There's no option to start indexing, and troubleshoot search and indexing doesn't turn it on....
  7. Indexing is not running.

Indexing is not running.: When searching on Start Menu, it says Search Indexing was Turned Off. When I click on Turn On Indexing, I get Indexing is not running. There's no option to start indexing, and troubleshoot search and indexing doesn't turn it on....
  8. Search Indexing is not running and unable to turn on, please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Indexing is not running and unable to turn on, please help: Earlier the Windows Search was running fine, but now when I search in Windows Explorer, it shows 'Search indexing was turn off. Turn indexing back on.' When I click here Indexing Options opens with a message 'Indexing is not running.' I try to open 'Searching Windows' option...
  9. Search Indexing is not running and unable to turn on, please help

Search Indexing is not running and unable to turn on, please help: Earlier the Windows Search was running fine, but now when I search in Windows Explorer, it shows 'Search indexing was turn off. Turn indexing back on.' When I click here Indexing Options opens with a message 'Indexing is not running.' I try to open 'Searching Windows' option...
  10. Windows 11 indexing overheating laptop and running incredibly slow

Windows 11 indexing overheating laptop and running incredibly slow: Found similar topics but none that cover both. My laptop is running ay 90-98° when idle - I'm pretty sure it's Windows Search Indexer, as it was showing over 50% CPU usage when I first noticed the issue. I started rebuilding the index 5 days ago and it's still only at 82K...