Windows 10: Indexing not working, yes I know how to rebuild it but it's just not working!

Discus and support Indexing not working, yes I know how to rebuild it but it's just not working! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I need my windows for working, searching for over 10.000 files daily.I need my outlook for working, searching for over 200GB+ of Emails... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ken Chong1, Jun 19, 2022.

1. Indexing not working, yes I know how to rebuild it but it's just not working!

I need my windows for working, searching for over 10.000 files daily.I need my outlook for working, searching for over 200GB+ of Emails daily.Rebuilding the indexing is one of our regular activities ever since each Windows update, but hey, at least is is working after the rebuilding.BUT NOW? The indexing got stuck at 4 files after an hour of rebuilding and 17 files after a day? When will the rebuilding can be done? When Windows 12 is finally released?I try rebuild it again and again, it's the same. HELP!!!!!! It's not a slow machine. But the search function and rebuild of indexing just stop wo

:)

Ken Chong1, Jun 19, 2022

2. Indexing Won't Rebuild

Hi ShiraAbraham, Here are some troubleshooting steps to help you, please let me know if you have tried this already

-Press Windows key + I and open Update & Security.

-Select Troubleshoot and find Search and Indexing.

-Double-click on the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter to run it.

Wait for the scan to be completed.

If these steps did not help to fix “Search Indexing Was Turned Off” error, our last recommendation would be to rebuild the Search Indexing:

-Open Windows Search and type Indexing Options.

-Click on the first matching option to open it.

-Click Advanced and open Advanced Options.

-Select Rebuild and white while indexing will be rebuild from scratch.

JeremyCountings, Jun 19, 2022
  3. JaspreetSingh08, Jun 19, 2022
  4. Eddo51 Win User

Indexing not working, yes I know how to rebuild it but it's just not working!

Rebuilding the Index problem.

I should tell you that I ran
    1) DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth 2) sfc /scannow
    and both ran clean. I can follow your suggestions tomorrow after work.

Downloads was in my indexed locations. I did unckeck the ...\ed\Downloads\ directory from my indexed locations. Rather than reindex, I'll just let indexing take care of itself as you suggested. (I'm not sure why this pasted image is so small. Hope you can make it legible.)

Indexing not working, yes I know how to rebuild it but it's just not working! [​IMG]

Eddo51, Jun 19, 2022
Thema:

Indexing not working, yes I know how to rebuild it but it's just not working!

1. Indexing not working, yes I know how to rebuild it but it's just not working! - Similar Threads - Indexing working yes

2. Indexing not working, yes I know how to rebuild it but it's just not working!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Indexing not working, yes I know how to rebuild it but it's just not working!: I need my windows for working, searching for over 10.000 files daily.I need my outlook for working, searching for over 200GB+ of Emails daily.Rebuilding the indexing is one of our regular activities ever since each Windows update, but hey, at least is is working after the...
  3. How to rebuild search index.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to rebuild search index.: A while ago I deleted the search index in hopes that it would make folders contents load faster. It didn't, so I want to rebuild the index so that I can use the search feature. When I open the Indexing options, nothing is listed under Included Locations at all...
  4. How to rebuild search index.

How to rebuild search index.: A while ago I deleted the search index in hopes that it would make folders contents load faster. It didn't, so I want to rebuild the index so that I can use the search feature. When I open the Indexing options, nothing is listed under Included Locations at all...
  5. How to rebuild search index.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. rebuilding index

in Cortana
    rebuilding index: my windows search bar is not allowing me to type it also will not let me type into the search ber in file explorer. looked up some youtube videos and followed all the methods and none of them were working and i came across rebuilding the index and it is for some reason paused...
  7. rebuilding index

in Windows 10 Gaming
    rebuilding index: my windows search bar is not allowing me to type it also will not let me type into the search ber in file explorer. looked up some youtube videos and followed all the methods and none of them were working and i came across rebuilding the index and it is for some reason paused...
  8. rebuilding index

9. Windows search stopped working, wont rebuild index

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows search stopped working, wont rebuild index: I foolishly got some viruses a few days ago. I cleaned it all out I think with malwarebytes and hitman pro, but one problem remains that windows search will not find any files. It finds programs like Steam, Firefox, etc and windows functions just fine but it won't find ANY...
  10. Windows Search/Indexing Stops Working - Can't Rebuild

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search/Indexing Stops Working - Can't Rebuild: After initially starting my computer, Windows Search seems to function correctly. After a while it stops responding at all. I am unable to enter the indexing options from control panel to rebuild the index (nothing happens when I click on it). I attempted to restart the...