Windows 10: Indexing Options by USER PROFILE when there are multiple accounts

Discus and support Indexing Options by USER PROFILE when there are multiple accounts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My windows 10 PC has a 256 GB SSD drive and 2 TB Hard Drive. The PC has 2 user accounts which were setup on the SSD drive. All data folders for each... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by scottfactor, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Indexing Options by USER PROFILE when there are multiple accounts

My windows 10 PC has a 256 GB SSD drive and 2 TB Hard Drive. The PC has 2 user accounts which were setup on the SSD drive. All data folders for each user are on the 2 TB Hard Drive. Is there a way to have separate indexing per user within this configuration? It seems that when I go to Indexing Options, I can exclude a user on the D drive but that will become a global setting and not be specific to the user account I am logged into. The objective here is to have indexing and search results specific to a given user account. So, for example, if USER1 does a search when logged into their account, they should only see indexed results for their data, and same goes for USER2. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to do this. any help would be appreciated. thanks.

:)

scottfactor, Nov 12, 2018

2. Windows 10 can't load the user profile for a new user account

Hi Judy

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. .

I would suggest you to follow the method give below and check.

Method 1: I suggest you enter into safe mode and enable built-in administrator and check with the status of User profile service.

Step 1: Start computer in safe
    mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

• Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt.

• Type the following command and hit Enter:

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    d. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Method 2: Try to create a new user account (Microsoft account) and check if you are able to access the content from your computer

Create a user account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-10

Note: Create a Microsoft account

Method 3: Check the status of User profile services.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for User Profile Service, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic
    • Now check if you are able to log-in.

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Ashish Sondhi, Nov 12, 2018
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    Search - Indexing not running

Hello,

One of the possible reasons why you're having issues when using search is because of a corrupted user profile. For us to assist you, we suggest that you create another account with administrator privileges and try to use the search feature again. Here's an
    article that you can visit to see how to do it:
    Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the steps listed below to correct the settings of your Indexed folder:

• Press the Start button.
    • Type %LocalAppData%.
    • Select Packages.
    • Click on windows.immersivecontrolpanel_cw5n1h2txyewy.
    • Choose LocalState.
    • Right-click the Indexed folder.
    • Click Properties.
    • Click Advanced.
    • Click the checkbox beside Allow files in this folder to have contents indexed in addition to file properties so that a check mark appears.
    • Click OK.
    • Click Apply.
    • Click OK. A window with a progress bar will pop up as the folder is indexed.
    • Click OK when the indexing progress is finished.

After doing the steps provided, kindly try to use the search feature again.

Kindly update us with the results and if you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Nov 12, 2018
  4. Indexing Options by USER PROFILE when there are multiple accounts

Deleting Windows 10 user account/profile

Hello,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Are you login to an Administrator account?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you disable the said user account via Command Prompt. Refer to the steps below:

1. Right-click on Start button, select
    Command Prompt (Admin).

2. On the Command Prompt window, type in net user and press
    Enter.

3. A list of user profiles on your computer will appear, if you see the user account you wish to disable then you can type:

net user ExampleUserName /active:no (note the space between the end of the user name and the /) and press
    Enter.

Note: Make sure that you have other accounts available to your computer with Administrator rights before performing this method.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Nov 12, 2018
Thema:

Indexing Options by USER PROFILE when there are multiple accounts

1. Indexing Options by USER PROFILE when there are multiple accounts - Similar Threads - Indexing Options USER

2. User accounts with differnt profile and profile folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    User accounts with differnt profile and profile folders: Hi toghether, my name is Matthias. I got a question about user profiels.we are creating a new AD structure for our company. We work with sensitive data that must be protected by law. Only some of the employees work with the sensitive data. Currently we have two domains. One...
  3. User accounts with differnt profile and profile folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User accounts with differnt profile and profile folders: Hi toghether, my name is Matthias. I got a question about user profiels.we are creating a new AD structure for our company. We work with sensitive data that must be protected by law. Only some of the employees work with the sensitive data. Currently we have two domains. One...
  4. Options for changing User Profiles Remotely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Options for changing User Profiles Remotely: Hello All!Background: I operate a small business with remote employees and one of my many hats is deploying PC's & laptops to new team members. I am not a tech person by any stretch so forgive me if the wording I use here is not correct... Basically I want to limit what users...
  5. Options for changing User Profiles Remotely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Options for changing User Profiles Remotely: Hello All!Background: I operate a small business with remote employees and one of my many hats is deploying PC's & laptops to new team members. I am not a tech person by any stretch so forgive me if the wording I use here is not correct... Basically I want to limit what users...
  6. Indexing options

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Indexing options: how to reset the index settings back to factory default? In the modifying section, I have selected all the folders which give me more than the required results all the time. I am not asking how to rebuild it, but to reset only indexes. Please provide a solution. Try...
  7. Multiple User Accounts ???

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Multiple User Accounts ???: While trying to fix Windows 10 spotlight I noticed several user accounts in my settings. I am the only one who uses this laptop, why do I see FIVE 5 user. Tried to delete and says it states I cannot delete because is is receiving inheriting properties from another account....
  8. Multiple Users Accounts in Multiple Computers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Multiple Users Accounts in Multiple Computers: Hi, My name is David Gebert, I am in charge of setting up a new system for my local fire department that I am a member of. We will be installing 2 new desktops, 2 laptops, plus the current 2 laptops we own. We are also planning on adding about 3-6 more computers or...
  9. multiple user accounts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    multiple user accounts: I am having issues with adding a second user account to my pc. Every time I log back in to my account administrator after the other user has been logged in, I have multiple issues. They seem to be caused by changes to settings, though the other user does not change other...
  10. User profile of a Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User profile of a Microsoft account: Hi Using the web, how do I see the public profile of a user who has a Microsoft account live.it or outlook.com or outook.it? Thanks Bye 64612

Users found this page by searching for:

1. indexing for two email accounts