Windows 10: Indexing Options File Explorer

Discus and support Indexing Options File Explorer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi Everybody, I'm having a problem with the "Indexing Options/Advanced/File Types". Namely that this screen is blank. There are no files listed. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by neil owen1, Oct 5, 2022.

1. Indexing Options File Explorer

Hi Everybody, I'm having a problem with the "Indexing Options/Advanced/File Types". Namely that this screen is blank. There are no files listed. I've tried reindexing, troubleshooting, sfc, Dism, restoring to a previous state etc, all to no avail. There are just no files listed to adjust. I suspect that the problem lies within my Profile settings and not the Windows system since when I log on under any another profile, all the File Types reappear. Any help that can be given will be greatly appreciated since all my efforts have ended in failure.

:)

neil owen1, Oct 5, 2022

2. Index search in File Explorer

Hello,

I suggest you to try the below step to see if it resolves the issue.

If the index can't find a file that you know exists in an indexed location, you might need to rebuild the index. Rebuilding the index can take several hours, and searches might be incomplete until the index is fully rebuilt.

1. Open Indexing Options by clicking the
    Start button
    and then clicking Control Panel. In the
    search box
    , type indexing options, and then click
    Indexing Options

2. Click Advanced. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

3. In the Advanced Options dialog box, click the
    Index Settings tab
    , and then click Rebuild. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/search-file-explorer.

Windows help & learning.

Hope this helps to resolve the issue. Please revert for any clarification on this or any Windows issue. We will be glad to help you.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 5, 2022
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    indexing Publisher files

Hi,

What do you mean when you say 'how can I change Publisher to the other filter ?'

Run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with search and indexing of files and folders. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check the status of the issue. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Oct 5, 2022
  4. dalchina Win User

Indexing Options File Explorer

Not indexing (searching) truecrypt volume

Oddly I find the drive letter created by Truecrypt does not appear in the list of drives shown in Indexing Options, so I can't add it to be indexed, so you're doing better in that respect.

I'd suggest you experiment with file explorer: browse to your mounted Truecrypt drive, and see if you can then find a file instantly (i.e. indexed).

dalchina, Oct 5, 2022
Thema:

Indexing Options File Explorer

1. Indexing Options File Explorer - Similar Threads - Indexing Options File

2. Problem with File Indexing File explorer on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with File Indexing File explorer on Windows 11: Hi to the experts here,I have a couple of problems-1 I am trying to click on "Properties" of the 3 dots menu of File Explorer to be able to conduct Option 4 "ALLOW FILE INDEXING" of the following link but, unfortunately, it's disable on my...
  3. Indexing Options File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Indexing Options File Explorer: Hi Everybody, I'm having a problem with the "Indexing Options/Advanced/File Types". Namely that this screen is blank. There are no files listed. I've tried reindexing, troubleshooting, sfc, Dism, restoring to a previous state etc, all to no avail. There are just no files...
  4. Indexing Options File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Indexing Options File Explorer: Hi Everybody, I'm having a problem with the "Indexing Options/Advanced/File Types". Namely that this screen is blank. There are no files listed. I've tried reindexing, troubleshooting, sfc, Dism, restoring to a previous state etc, all to no avail. There are just no files...
  5. Windows File Explorer Indexing; Index Rebuild for better search results

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows File Explorer Indexing; Index Rebuild for better search results: So, in Windows File Explorer I went to View/Options/Change folder and search options then clicked Restore Defaults on all three tabs: General, view, and search because of a whole other issue that I fixed later and has nothing to do with my current issue.BUT by clicking...
  6. Indexing options

Indexing options: how to reset the index settings back to factory default? In the modifying section, I have selected all the folders which give me more than the required results all the time. I am not asking how to rebuild it, but to reset only indexes. Please provide a solution. Try...
  7. Microsoft Outlook file is missing in Indexing options

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Microsoft Outlook file is missing in Indexing options: Hi Brink, Iam using windows 10 Home version. My emails in outlook 2016 is to be indexed. My problem with indexing options is that Iam unable to modify and put the folder of Microsoft Outlook in to "Index these location" list. Earlier it was there as per below picture: [img]...
  8. Searching in file explorer not working. No folders in indexing options, what to do?

in Cortana
    Searching in file explorer not working. No folders in indexing options, what to do?: [ATTACH] Indexing options shows a never-ending "Waiting to receive indexing status.." Clicking on Advanced causes it to freeze completely, can't even close the app without the use of Task Manager. Occasionally Modify will be ungreyed, but when I click it, it just loads...
  9. File Explorer options

File Explorer options: I recently uninstalled and reinstalled Evernote, latest version. Evernote was in my list of choices when selecting a file and Send to. Evernote not in the list anymore. Question: How do I add choices in the Send to function? Hope my question is clear. Thank you....
  10. Indexing Options internals

in Windows 10 Support
    Indexing Options internals: Dear friends hallo, One day I noticed that the processes responsible for indexing were taking up too much process power. I noticed that this happened because I transferred my e-book collection to my PC. Windows was trying to index the contents of these massive pdf files....