Windows 10: Indexing Options, the "Exclusion List"

Discus and support Indexing Options, the "Exclusion List" in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Windows 10; Build 11082. WHERE is the DATA folder located? I am trying to remove it from the exclusion list. [img] 34751 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by kkorotev, Dec 21, 2015.

1. kkorotev Win User

Indexing Options, the "Exclusion List"

Windows 10; Build 11082.
    WHERE is the DATA folder located? I am trying to remove it from the exclusion list.

Indexing Options, the "Exclusion List" [​IMG]

:)

kkorotev, Dec 21, 2015

2. Lumia " The Future is Here "

This is a support forum, not a complaints department.

I suggest you directly submit your complaints about hardware to Nokia and software to Microsoft.

Also it often helps to read reviews when switching platforms to make sure it suits your needs. From what you've said the Lumia 820 clearly doesn't suit you.

psychomania---01, Dec 21, 2015
  3. fonero Win User
    Lumia " The Future is Here "

psychomania: This is a support forum, not a complaints department.

psychomania: Also it often helps to read reviews when switching platforms to make sure it suits your needs. From what you've said the Lumia 820 clearly doesn't suit you.

What RSXforever wrote was a kind of review, that can help other people to judge, if Lumia is the right phone for them.

fonero, Dec 21, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

I don't have that on 11082. Click on modify, then expand C until you see a box that isn't ticked.

By default C:\Users\<whoever>\Appdata is excluded but you've changed it to something else....

5. kkorotev Win User
    Yes. I know. Did that. Can't find it ANYWHERE on my C:/ drive

kkorotev, Dec 21, 2015
  6. lx07 Win User
    I recreated your issue by indexing everything on C. It automatically excluded ProgramData and Windows so included them. Now Data is excluded. It is somewhere in ProgramData but I can't find it either. Yet...

Indexing Options, the "Exclusion List" [​IMG]

7. lx07 Win User
    It is C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data

It's a hidden system directory (owned by SYSTEM) that doesn't show in indexing options even with "show hidden files" on and "hide protected OS files" off in view settings.

It makes sense I guess it doesn't try to index itself. Anyway I don't think you can change this (not in 1511 either).

8. kkorotev Win User

Nicely done! Thanks for doing the legwork!

kkorotev, Dec 21, 2015
  9. kkorotev Win User
    I manually found the folder, changed all the permissions and it disappeared from my exclusion list!

kkorotev, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Indexing Options, the "Exclusion List" - Similar Threads - Indexing Options Exclusion

2. Adding folder to exclusions list in Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Adding folder to exclusions list in Windows Defender: Hey guys, I have a folder that I am using for a programming class provided by my instructor, however Windows Defender is flagging it as a virus. He advised me that there is a way to prevent windows defender from scanning it, however I myself couldn't figure out how to add...
  3. Can't Access Indexing Options

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Access Indexing Options: I'm using a fairly old laptop (4th gen i7) running Windows 10 1903. For a while now, I've been unable to access any indexing options, such as through the control panel or the indexing troubleshooter. In the control panel, for example, the "Indexing Options Control Panel" does...
  4. There is no exclusion option in my Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    There is no exclusion option in my Windows Defender: I'm just gonna add this picture, that I think it says it all: [ATTACH] Why is it like this, how can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/there-is-no-exclusion-option-in-my-windows/8d59161d-1251-44fc-916f-5e428e1858a4
  5. I don't see the exclusion option

I don't see the exclusion option: I'm trying to add exclusions in the Windows Defender, but I don't see the option anywhere. Can you please help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/i-dont-see-the-exclusion-option/4cd67d70-fb40-40c2-8e17-ef8b2aad221b"
  6. how to add an exclusions-list in mbar ?

how to add an exclusions-list in mbar ?: Mbar is missing an exclusion-list , I have to exclude the same items it finds , after every scan ! Is it possible to add an exclusions-list to the program ?? 113727
  7. Outlook 2013 not listed at index locations

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2013 not listed at index locations: I've purchased office 365 and installed it on my new notebook running windows 10. I've setup my e-mail account using microsoft exchange and want to use the windows search method. But when I look at the index options there is no microsoft outlook available. - I've already...
  8. List \ Index video clips

in Windows 10 Support
    List \ Index video clips: Hello, Trying to make an index list of my video clips in a folder, I copied the path of the folder in Explorer, then pasted the folder path in the address bar of Chrome browser and presssd Enter, got an html page, saved it as html file. When I clicked on the file, it...
  9. Indexing Options removed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Indexing Options removed: I have been using Windows Index search for years. I have all my data in one directory on my D:\. I have set the indexing options to include this location and some others. Recently Windows has been dropping my selections and reverting to the default locations. I have reset my...
  10. Indexing Options internals

in Windows 10 Support
    Indexing Options internals: Dear friends hallo, One day I noticed that the processes responsible for indexing were taking up too much process power. I noticed that this happened because I transferred my e-book collection to my PC. Windows was trying to index the contents of these massive pdf files....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 indexing exclusions

2. VE options Exclusions