Windows 10: Indexing Options, the "Exclusion List"

Discus and support Indexing Options, the "Exclusion List" in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Windows 10; Build 11082. WHERE is the DATA folder located? I am trying to remove it from the exclusion list. [img] 34751 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by kkorotev, Dec 21, 2015.

1. kkorotev Win User

Indexing Options, the "Exclusion List"

Windows 10; Build 11082.
    WHERE is the DATA folder located? I am trying to remove it from the exclusion list.

Indexing Options, the "Exclusion List" [​IMG]

:)

kkorotev, Dec 21, 2015

2. Lumia " The Future is Here "

This is a support forum, not a complaints department.

I suggest you directly submit your complaints about hardware to Nokia and software to Microsoft.

Also it often helps to read reviews when switching platforms to make sure it suits your needs. From what you've said the Lumia 820 clearly doesn't suit you.

psychomania---01, Dec 21, 2015
  3. fonero Win User
    Lumia " The Future is Here "

psychomania: This is a support forum, not a complaints department.

psychomania: Also it often helps to read reviews when switching platforms to make sure it suits your needs. From what you've said the Lumia 820 clearly doesn't suit you.

What RSXforever wrote was a kind of review, that can help other people to judge, if Lumia is the right phone for them.

fonero, Dec 21, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

I don't have that on 11082. Click on modify, then expand C until you see a box that isn't ticked.

By default C:\Users\<whoever>\Appdata is excluded but you've changed it to something else....

5. kkorotev Win User
    Yes. I know. Did that. Can't find it ANYWHERE on my C:/ drive

kkorotev, Dec 21, 2015
  6. lx07 Win User
    I recreated your issue by indexing everything on C. It automatically excluded ProgramData and Windows so included them. Now Data is excluded. It is somewhere in ProgramData but I can't find it either. Yet...

Indexing Options, the "Exclusion List" [​IMG]

7. lx07 Win User
    It is C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data

It's a hidden system directory (owned by SYSTEM) that doesn't show in indexing options even with "show hidden files" on and "hide protected OS files" off in view settings.

It makes sense I guess it doesn't try to index itself. Anyway I don't think you can change this (not in 1511 either).

8. kkorotev Win User

Nicely done! Thanks for doing the legwork!

kkorotev, Dec 21, 2015
  9. kkorotev Win User
    I manually found the folder, changed all the permissions and it disappeared from my exclusion list!

kkorotev, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Indexing Options, the "Exclusion List" - Similar Threads - Indexing Options Exclusion

2. exclusions list isn't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    exclusions list isn't working: im trying to add a file to my windows defender exclusions list but its not showing up. no error code or anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exclusions-list-isnt-working/529006c7-67fd-4239-8de1-58c0497582c2
  3. exclusions list isn't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    exclusions list isn't working: im trying to add a file to my windows defender exclusions list but its not showing up. no error code or anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exclusions-list-isnt-working/529006c7-67fd-4239-8de1-58c0497582c2
  4. exclusions list isn't working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Defender Exclusion list problems and bladabini

Defender Exclusion list problems and bladabini: The C:/ directory is in my defender Exclusion list and I cant remove it and defender has also been saying I have bladabini on my device which defender has removed several times a day now but it keeps saying its there and when I go to remove it in the firewall app menu thing...
  6. Defender Exclusion list problems and bladabini

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender Exclusion list problems and bladabini: The C:/ directory is in my defender Exclusion list and I cant remove it and defender has also been saying I have bladabini on my device which defender has removed several times a day now but it keeps saying its there and when I go to remove it in the firewall app menu thing...
  7. exclusion list of registry items

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    exclusion list of registry items: I was running the ccleaner registry cleaner, and there was a file that would just not be eliminated. I tried and tried multiple scans and it would not disappear. I highlighted it and saw an option that said "add to exclusion list" . now it doesn't appear in the scan, but is...
  8. Windows Security exclusions list

Windows Security exclusions list: After getting message saying Administrator blocked the execution of a file deemed unsafe, i.e. "D:\setup.exe", which came with my 8 year old Samsung multifunction printer, I added it to the Windows Security exclusions list and ran again. Unfortunately, I get the same...
  9. Indexing options

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Indexing options: how to reset the index settings back to factory default? In the modifying section, I have selected all the folders which give me more than the required results all the time. I am not asking how to rebuild it, but to reset only indexes. Please provide a solution. Try...
  10. how to add an exclusions-list in mbar ?

how to add an exclusions-list in mbar ?: Mbar is missing an exclusion-list , I have to exclude the same items it finds , after every scan ! Is it possible to add an exclusions-list to the program ?? 113727

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 indexing exclusions

2. VE options Exclusions