Windows 10: Indexing options

Discus and support Indexing options in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; how to reset the index settings back to factory default? In the modifying section, I have selected all the folders which give me more than the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SujalAgrawal, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Indexing options

how to reset the index settings back to factory default?

In the modifying section, I have selected all the folders which give me more than the required results all the time. I am not asking how to rebuild it, but to reset only indexes.

Please provide a solution.

Try rephrasing your query.

:)

SujalAgrawal, Dec 2, 2020
  2. David Haz Win User

Unable to make changes in Indexing Options

Hello,

We suggest to run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter and check if it helps with the indexing issue you are experiencing.

Here's how you may run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter:

• Press the Windows key + X, and then click
      Control Panel
    • Type Troubleshooting, and then click View all.
    • Click Search and Indexing.
    • Follow the steps provided by the troubleshooter.

Tell us how it goes.

Regards.

David Haz, Dec 2, 2020
  3. pepanee Win User
    Indexing options does not respond

Hi, ignore my post right above this. You don't need to post a screenshot.

First, make sure you tried this method:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...-fix-solutions
    Look what it says under Windows 10. Follow along that tutorial.
    After completion, restart your computer and check Indexing Options

If that didn't work:

I found two other methods for you that you should try. They're a little advanced, yet the steps are very simple to follow since there is picture tutorials of it. But please be very careful and follow the steps exactly and follow along with the pictures!
    Go here: Repairing Windows Search Indexer Problems

There are 14 items listed under contents.

Press #12 Indexer Registry Fix.
    Follow along with that tutorial EXACTLY with the pictures that help you follow along.
    After restarting the computer, check Indexing Options

If that didn't work

Press #13 Delete Search Index Folder.
    After restarting the computer, check Indexing Options

pepanee, Dec 2, 2020
  4. IzWebUsr Win User

Indexing options

OneDrive no longer in list of folders to index in "Indexing Options"

Ref: Windows 10 Pro Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.48)

Dear All,

After an Windows update today, OneDrive folder is no longer listed as a folder available for indexing in the "Indexing Options" control panel.

I have tried restarting, deleting the index, unlinking PC from OneDrive and relinking.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

By the way, why is the OneDrive Category locked when posting questions?!

IzWebUsr, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

Indexing options

1. Indexing options - Similar Threads - Indexing options

2. What do these redundant indexing options even do?

in Cortana
    What do these redundant indexing options even do?: I had huge problem with several external HDDs and even SSDs due to indexing. My system slowed down and mouse cursor was replaced with progress wheel several times a second. I couldn't safely remove the drive because indexing prevented this.It turns out, I had to disable...
  3. What do these redundant indexing options even do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do these redundant indexing options even do?: I had huge problem with several external HDDs and even SSDs due to indexing. My system slowed down and mouse cursor was replaced with progress wheel several times a second. I couldn't safely remove the drive because indexing prevented this.It turns out, I had to disable...
  4. What do these redundant indexing options even do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Indexing Options File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Indexing Options File Explorer: Hi Everybody, I'm having a problem with the "Indexing Options/Advanced/File Types". Namely that this screen is blank. There are no files listed. I've tried reindexing, troubleshooting, sfc, Dism, restoring to a previous state etc, all to no avail. There are just no files...
  6. Indexing Options File Explorer

Indexing Options File Explorer: Hi Everybody, I'm having a problem with the "Indexing Options/Advanced/File Types". Namely that this screen is blank. There are no files listed. I've tried reindexing, troubleshooting, sfc, Dism, restoring to a previous state etc, all to no avail. There are just no files...
  7. Indexing Options File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Unable to deselect some extensions from search indexing options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to deselect some extensions from search indexing options: Hi! Trying to understand how to set up files and folders included in search indexing, I'm not able to deselect some OSM related extensions in the Advanced Options > File Types windows:Please, do you understand why? Thanks!...
  9. Unable to deselect some extensions from search indexing options

Unable to deselect some extensions from search indexing options: Hi! Trying to understand how to set up files and folders included in search indexing, I'm not able to deselect some OSM related extensions in the Advanced Options > File Types windows:Please, do you understand why? Thanks!...
  10. Indexing options is always paused

Indexing options is always paused: Hi everyone! So recently I noticed that when I search something in the start menu, the files that I am looking for are not there. I found out that the problem lies in the indexing options page, which was paused. So what I did was I went to services and restarted the process....