Windows 10: Indexing Outlook 2019 Encrypted Emails

Discus and support Indexing Outlook 2019 Encrypted Emails in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I use encryption with one of my email correspondents and Outlook 2019 works perfectly (although it has no way to set encryption on a per recipient... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by k9bm, Oct 5, 2020.

1. k9bm Win User

Indexing Outlook 2019 Encrypted Emails

I use encryption with one of my email correspondents and Outlook 2019 works perfectly (although it has no way to set encryption on a per recipient basis). The problem is, neither my SENT messages or RECEIVED messages from this individual are indexed--I can't search for a word in a message I sent 5 minutes ago and have the message come up in the search results.

Under File-Options-Search-Indexing Options-Advanced there is a checkbox that says "Index encrypted files." But if I try to check it I get a warning dialog that says "Don't continue until you verify that full volume encryption (such as BitLocker, etc.) is being used for the location of this index." I don't understand what this is warning me of--that the index file will be stored on an unencrypted drive? (I don't use BitLocker). Does Outlook not have a separate search index, it just uses the Windows10 index that indexes every file on the computer, including the Outlook .pst files?

I really don't understand why I am getting this message, because the path I took to get there was from Outlook and I'm not trying to index "encrypted files," I'm just trying to index encrypted email messages which are contained inside my outlook.pst file. Will checking this box achieve that result?

:)

k9bm, Oct 5, 2020
  2. k9bm Win User

I use encryption with one of my email correspondents and Outlook 2019 works perfectly (although it has no way to set encryption on a per recipient basis). The problem is, neither my SENT messages or RECEIVED messages from this individual are indexed--I can't search for a word in a message I sent 5 minutes ago and have the message come up in the search results.

Under File-Options-Search-Indexing Options-Advanced there is a checkbox that says "Index encrypted files." But if I try to check it I get a warning dialog that says "Don't continue until you verify that full volume encryption (such as BitLocker, etc.) is being used for the location of this index." I don't understand what this is warning me of--that the index file will be stored on an unencrypted drive? (I don't use BitLocker). Does Outlook not have a separate search index, it just uses the Windows10 index that indexes every file on the computer, including the Outlook .pst files?

I really don't understand why I am getting this message, because the path I took to get there was from Outlook and I'm not trying to index "encrypted files," I'm just trying to index encrypted email messages which are contained inside my outlook.pst file. Will checking this box achieve that result?

k9bm, Oct 5, 2020
  3. spunk Win User
    spunk, Oct 5, 2020
  4. BulldogXX Win User

BulldogXX, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Indexing Outlook 2019 Encrypted Emails - Similar Threads - Indexing Outlook 2019

2. Dentrix software emailing to Outlook 2019 is dumping the emails into the drafts folder of...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dentrix software emailing to Outlook 2019 is dumping the emails into the drafts folder of...: We have a Windows 10 64 bit Pro workstation running Office 2019, and Dentrix Dental software. We have two accounts configured on this workstation in Outlook. A Network Solutions IMAP account which is set as the default, and an Onmicrosoft.Com account that we use to share a...
  3. Outlook 2019

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2019: Is it possible to have Outlook 2019 and Excel 2016 on same computer? 170340
  4. emails from gmail to outlook 2019

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    emails from gmail to outlook 2019: how to trasfer emails from gmail to outlook 2019 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emails-from-gmail-to-outlook-2019/fc22acc7-8dd2-48fb-a58b-2c0a3c43d39a
  5. Outlook 2019 email installation of existing PST

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook 2019 email installation of existing PST: Can anyone give me instructions on how to install Microsoft Office 2019 Professional Plus OUTLOOK! to input my existing PST instead of it creating another one, or at least how to import more emails into the same Profile or Data File??...
  6. Anyone using outlook (2019) with an outlook.com email address?

in Browsers and Email
    Anyone using outlook (2019) with an outlook.com email address?: So long story short, i ended up having to re-do outlook after the upgrade from 2016 to 2019. Learned a bit about the convolution that is pst/ost/outlook in general. I'm almost there but I had an oddity pop up id like to confirm if possible so i can move forward (or not). I...
  7. Outlook 2019 search not working in contacts, calendar and emails

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2019 search not working in contacts, calendar and emails: Hi I have just upgraded from my trusty Outlook 2007 to the new Office 2019 suite of programs. The new Outlook 2019 has been an absolute nightmare in so much as I was not able to search my calendar, contacts, and emails. Read numerous other forums for help and spent days...
  8. 2019 Outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2019 Outlook: I had 365 and just needed Outlook Office - I tried to contact Microsoft and got an outside company who said they were affiliated with Microsoft they installed 2019 and McAfee Security Now I cannot get my calendar to connect my appointments in my I Phone (which I had with...
  9. Group email address Outlook Office 2019

in Browsers and Email
    Group email address Outlook Office 2019: Can anyone please tell me how to make a email group using Windows2019. I have tried six o more time and failed Ugh!!! RonBin 141378
  10. Outlook 2019

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Outlook 2019: After Windows 10 Feature Update 1903, Outlook has been crashing when trying to attach a file. This has been going on for a few weeks now. I have tried running the Office fix as well as offloading the app and then re-installing. Has anyone seen this on other computers or know...