Windows 10: Indexing - search problems on outlook

Discus and support Indexing - search problems on outlook in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My search function on Outlook did not work properly. Seem not to perform the search properly. I rebuilt the indexing and then it was perfect. After a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EricVermeulen2, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Indexing - search problems on outlook

My search function on Outlook did not work properly. Seem not to perform the search properly.

I rebuilt the indexing and then it was perfect. After a few weeks I experience the same problem. I did perform the rebuild again and its fine again. Do I miss something here. Must I perform this function that takes ages to complete so frequently?

:)

EricVermeulen2, Jul 27, 2020
  2. DavePenn Win User

Windows 10/Outlook 2016 Search Index Broken

I have a user who can no longer use the search function in outlook 2016. It doesn't give an error, it just wont return results.

After extensive googling, I have found and tried the following solutions to no avail.

1. Rebuild windows search index
    2. Delete windows.edb file and rebuild search index
    3. Remove outlook from the search index, reboot and add it again
    4. Full repair of outlook
    5. Scanpst to fix corrupted PST files (they weren't corrupted)

I have loaded the PST files into my outlook and I can search them, and there is no issues with any other computers in the office, so it is computer specific and not related to the PST file.

Does anyone have any other suggestions short of a full reinstall of windows? I am literally banging my head on the desk...

UPDATE

After more tinkering, I removed Outlook from the Search Index and tried searching for emails within outlook, and it worked... just really slowly. When I added Outlook back into the search index, it stopped working.

Also, searching is working for local drives, just not Outlook

DavePenn, Jul 27, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Windows 10 search not indexing Outlook 2013, no search results

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10.

Let's diagnose the issue by referring to the following suggestion and check if that helps you.

First of all, I would suggest you to check if the
    Windows Search
    Service is running in Automatic mode under the list of Windows services. You can follow the steps to check and start the
    Windows Search again:

• Press Windows+R keys to open Run. Type “servces.msc” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • From the list of services, locate the Windows Search Support Service
      and Windows Search Service.
    • Right click on the Windows Search Service
      and then click on Properties.
    • Check if the service is running. If not, start the service and change the
      Startup type to Automatic.
    • Follow the same steps to start the Bluetooth service
      and change the startup type to Automatic.
    You can also try the following suggestion.

Run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter. Follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press “Windows key + W”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “View all” option from the left panel.
    • Select “Search and Indexing”.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance.

Arul_D, Jul 27, 2020
  4. Jan Del Win User

Indexing - search problems on outlook

Windows 10 indexing / search

Hi Erik,

System conflict is one of the possible reasons why the index built will not function properly. We suggest running the Search and Indexing troubleshooter by following these steps to resolve your issue:

• Open Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all.
    • Select Search and Indexing and select the proper scenario that you are experiencing on indexing and click
      Next for the troubleshooting to begin.
    Update us with the outcome so we can provide you further assistance.

Jan Del, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

Indexing - search problems on outlook

1. Indexing - search problems on outlook - Similar Threads - Indexing search problems

2. Problem with Win10 "Search and Indexing".

in Cortana
    Problem with Win10 "Search and Indexing".: Hi,I discovered this by trying to search for a particular image in a directory of images and it wasn't found even though it was there. I even tried searching for *.jpg which returns "No files found".I used the "Search and Indexing" troubleshooter and found it was not running...
  3. Problem with Win10 "Search and Indexing".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Win10 "Search and Indexing".: Hi,I discovered this by trying to search for a particular image in a directory of images and it wasn't found even though it was there. I even tried searching for *.jpg which returns "No files found".I used the "Search and Indexing" troubleshooter and found it was not running...
  4. Problem with Win10 "Search and Indexing".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Search Indexer Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search Indexer Problem: I got a problem with the windows search indexer service and its driving me nuts!Search Index uses a lot of my cpu causing my laptop to lag, so i tried turning it off like what i saw in a video but when i turned it off my keyboard and mouse goes CRAZY! When i press a link it...
  6. Windows Search Indexer Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Search Indexer Problem: I got a problem with the windows search indexer service and its driving me nuts!Search Index uses a lot of my cpu causing my laptop to lag, so i tried turning it off like what i saw in a video but when i turned it off my keyboard and mouse goes CRAZY! When i press a link it...
  7. Windows Search Indexer Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Search and Indexing Problem

in Cortana
    Search and Indexing Problem: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 Single Language... And I'm unable to type in certain apps such as window search the Mail app, Sticky Notes while I'm able to type in some apps such as Notepad... I had to open Notepad to type and copy from there and paste to the apps that I want to...
  9. Problems with Windows search (Indexing)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems with Windows search (Indexing): I have a problem with Windows Search not detecting additional storage. It was working before, it detected my extra storage hdds. But after a restart it's now not detecting any of them except a small empty 2.5" HDD. I have tried to disable/enable the indexing, with...
  10. Search & Index problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Search & Index problem: Hi, I have installed a program called Windows10 Manager. It has sub-program executables (independent of the main program) [img] I want to quick access them pressing the windows key and start typing their name which invokes suggestions. I have specifically indexed only...