Windows 10: Indexing Won't Rebuild

Discus and support Indexing Won't Rebuild in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10, 2004 Dell Inspirion 14 5000 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- A week ago, Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ShiraAbraham, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Indexing Won't Rebuild

Windows 10, 2004

Dell Inspirion 14 5000

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A week ago, Windows Update sunddenly started having an issue and couldn't find any updates. I would get an error every time I'd check for updates. Then, I used Microsoft Creation Tool and it fixed Windows Update.

But now I see "Search indexing was turned off" every time I open the start menu. Pressing rebuild in Advanced doesn't seems to have any effect and the warning presists. I've tried running the troubleshoot, and it seems to detect the problem but not able to fix it.

Any suggestions?

:)

ShiraAbraham, Jun 9, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 Windows Search / Indexing Stops Completing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type Services.msc In the search box.
    • Select Windows Search
    • Restart the services and set the service as Automatic
    If the issue persist try performing Rebuilding Index again.

To rebuild the index follow the steps below:

• Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
    • Open Indexing Options in the Control Panel.
    • Select the Advanced button in the Indexing Options window.
    • Select Rebuild in the Troubleshooting section of the Advanced Options window.
    • Select OK when it asks if you’re sure you want to re-build the search index.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jun 9, 2020
  3. Indexing off and cannot get it back on

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

We appreciate the time and effort that you have invested in to fix the issue. I would suggest that you return the settings back to
    Local System Account from This Account under
    Log on
    tab and perform the steps below.

• Rebuild the Windows Search Index and check. Refer to these steps. This can be used if you are able to go through the
      Indexing Options in Control Panel.
    • On the search bar type Indexing Options and click on it.
    • Click the Advanced button at the bottom of the
      Indexing Options window. This displays a new window titled Advanced Options.
    • Click the Index Settings tab if it isn’t selected already.
    • Click the Rebuild button to delete and rebuild the file index.
    • Click OK to confirm.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 9, 2020
  4. Indexing Won't Rebuild

Force a rebuild of the start menu program index/database in Windows 10

There is a possibility that the permissions on Windows Search Directories were affected during the upgrade to Windows 10. I may have a solution to try. Follow these steps:

1. Navigate to Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Troubleshooting
    2. In the search box (top right of Troubleshooting window) type indexing
    3. Select Search and Indexing
    4. Click Next
    5. Select My problem isn't listed above and click Next
    6. Enter a description of the problem (or leave it blank and all possibilities will be tested) and click next
    7. If the option appears, select Try troubleshooting as an administrator
    8. The scan begins to address the issue

Once the issue is corrected return to Indexing Options in Control panel to rebuild it (Control Panel > Indexing Options > Advanced > Rebuild)

Anthony Bartolo, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

Indexing Won't Rebuild

1. Indexing Won't Rebuild - Similar Threads - Indexing Won't Rebuild

2. Windows indexing rebuilding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows indexing rebuilding: Hi everyone ! I checked out other posts on the forum before posting here but here is the problem. I think I may have deleted the index location from my PC a while ago while tinkering around with something. After doing that, my indexing stopped working and I tried different...
  3. Cannot rebuild index

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot rebuild index: I'm trying to rebuild the search and index on my Windows 10 PC but it keeps pausing itself.I've tried the search and index troubleshooter to no avail.I've tried restarting Windows Search, which does unpause it, but it automatically repauses in 1-2 seconds.How do I rebuild my...
  4. rebuilding index

in Cortana
    rebuilding index: my windows search bar is not allowing me to type it also will not let me type into the search ber in file explorer. looked up some youtube videos and followed all the methods and none of them were working and i came across rebuilding the index and it is for some reason paused...
  5. rebuilding index

in Windows 10 Gaming
    rebuilding index: my windows search bar is not allowing me to type it also will not let me type into the search ber in file explorer. looked up some youtube videos and followed all the methods and none of them were working and i came across rebuilding the index and it is for some reason paused...
  6. rebuilding index

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Problem rebuilding index

in Cortana
    Problem rebuilding index: Anyone else experiencing this problem?Cant resolve the issue with rebuilding its index? and restarting the windows search service? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-rebuilding-index/93b93c30-5d46-4038-abce-4b816e120c67
  8. Indexing Won't Rebuild

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Indexing Won't Rebuild: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/UsheenMagwire [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jdf5hd/indexing_wont_rebuild/
  9. Indexing keeps rebuilding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Indexing keeps rebuilding: HI - all I have done for the last 5 days is work on Windows Index. It takes over a day to index my PC i7 with 16 Gig Ram including an external drive. In total 2m files. Now for the 3rd time, the index just rebuilds itself from scratch. I did a refresh install of Windows on...
  10. Index Rebuild Won't Stop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Index Rebuild Won't Stop: Hi, I cannot get my index rebuild to stop. It was rebuilding for 12+ hours overnight and got to 342,112 files. It got stuck at that number and would not increase so I modified the indexing to only one of the folders it was originally indexing. This made the files amount...