Windows 10: Indexing.

Discus and support Indexing. in Cortana to solve the problem; Whenever I try to find a document of a word in a document, I can only get "Indexing Options" and "Included Locations" and "Exclude". Both are empty and... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by MichaelHarrow1, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Indexing.

Whenever I try to find a document of a word in a document, I can only get "Indexing Options" and "Included Locations" and "Exclude". Both are empty and I cannot enter anything. Can you please show me a STEP by STEP guide to indexing. I know nothing about computing and all of the threads appear to be written by people who had at least some idea of computing.

:)

MichaelHarrow1, Dec 6, 2020
  2. David Haz Win User

Unable to make changes in Indexing Options

Hello,

We suggest to run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter and check if it helps with the indexing issue you are experiencing.

Here's how you may run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter:

• Press the Windows key + X, and then click
      Control Panel
    • Type Troubleshooting, and then click View all.
    • Click Search and Indexing.
    • Follow the steps provided by the troubleshooter.

Tell us how it goes.

Regards.

David Haz, Dec 6, 2020
  3. Indexing is not working

Hi Doc,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

This issue may occur due to corrupt Windows search files or settings. I suggest you to follow the below method and check if it helps.

Method 1: I would suggest you to run search and indexing troubleshooter
    and check. Please follow these steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search box on taskbar.

• Click troubleshooting in the search results.

• Click "View all" and then click "Search and Indexing".

• Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.

Method 2: Check if Indexing and Windows Search services are enabled. If not, enable them, if they are already enabled, then disable Windows Search Service and then enable again and restart.

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type services in the run box, go to the Windows search services and restart them.
    Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Dec 6, 2020
  4. Jan Del Win User

Indexing.

Windows 10 indexing / search

Hi Erik,

System conflict is one of the possible reasons why the index built will not function properly. We suggest running the Search and Indexing troubleshooter by following these steps to resolve your issue:

• Open Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all.
    • Select Search and Indexing and select the proper scenario that you are experiencing on indexing and click
      Next for the troubleshooting to begin.
    Update us with the outcome so we can provide you further assistance.

Jan Del, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

Indexing.

1. Indexing. - Similar Threads - Indexing

2. Windows.edb constantly filling C drive despite repeated index rebuilds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows.edb constantly filling C drive despite repeated index rebuilds: The OS is W10Pro 22H2 build 19045.41232. While Sabya's helpful advice solves the issue for one day, a few days later the issue is back. How do I resolve this? In addition, Tree Size Free reports the 106GB HDD at 137GB capacity: While Win10 Settings shows different storage...
  3. Windows.edb constantly filling C drive despite repeated index rebuilds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows.edb constantly filling C drive despite repeated index rebuilds: The OS is W10Pro 22H2 build 19045.41232. While Sabya's helpful advice solves the issue for one day, a few days later the issue is back. How do I resolve this? In addition, Tree Size Free reports the 106GB HDD at 137GB capacity: While Win10 Settings shows different storage...
  4. Windows.edb constantly filling C drive despite repeated index rebuilds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows eleven search index malware or is it rat ware ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows eleven search index malware or is it rat ware ?: I spent the last 3 days trying to fix my computer. I got all of my paused issues fixed. The problem is now is my CPU. Keeps maxing out to a 100. Well, I've got that somewhat kind of fixed with mwhereabouts running an hourly scan every hour, but the problem is. It spikes to a...
  6. Windows eleven search index malware or is it rat ware ?

Windows eleven search index malware or is it rat ware ?: I spent the last 3 days trying to fix my computer. I got all of my paused issues fixed. The problem is now is my CPU. Keeps maxing out to a 100. Well, I've got that somewhat kind of fixed with mwhereabouts running an hourly scan every hour, but the problem is. It spikes to a...
  7. how to get indexing back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get indexing back: Search indexing is offTurn indexing back on The above is what I see. When I click on it I end up in indexing advanced options. The only thing there I can click onall other thing are whited out is rebuild which then takes me to indexing options, where all I can do is click on...
  8. how to get indexing back

how to get indexing back: Search indexing is offTurn indexing back on The above is what I see. When I click on it I end up in indexing advanced options. The only thing there I can click onall other thing are whited out is rebuild which then takes me to indexing options, where all I can do is click on...
  9. Indexing has paused on Windows 11 machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Indexing has paused on Windows 11 machine: Hello, I have Microsoft Outlook desktop running on my Windows 11 machine. The indexing keeps pausing. I have rebuilt the index three 3 times in the last four 4 weeks. The last rebuild was completed on 2/13. On 2/15 the indexing is paused again. I have stopped and started all...
  10. Indexing has paused on Windows 11 machine

Indexing has paused on Windows 11 machine: Hello, I have Microsoft Outlook desktop running on my Windows 11 machine. The indexing keeps pausing. I have rebuilt the index three 3 times in the last four 4 weeks. The last rebuild was completed on 2/13. On 2/15 the indexing is paused again. I have stopped and started all...