Windows 10: Individual application automatically maximises master volume

Discus and support Individual application automatically maximises master volume in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For the past couple of months I have been experiencing problems with my master volume. Whenever I use discord it always changes my master volume to 100... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AsianSensation000, Sep 17, 2021.

1. Individual application automatically maximises master volume

For the past couple of months I have been experiencing problems with my master volume. Whenever I use discord it always changes my master volume to 100 but when I switch tabs to any other application it returns to the volume I set before going on discord. I have seen a similar problem Here is the link for reference: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/invididual-application-volume-levels-change-on/73bd9171-f155-40ed-888b-3e7c9fb78582 on this forum which was answered and the moderator recommended to troubleshoot because the likely cause was a corrupted file related to

:)

AsianSensation000, Sep 17, 2021
  2. Entity Win User

Some applications not respecting master volume

Most notably, web browsers.

I have quite sensitive headphones, so I keep the system master volume at around 20%, and the youtube video volume at around 20% as well. This is all great, but when I close and restart the browser and start watching a youtube video again, the sound is SUPER loud, even though the youtube volume slider is in the same place. If I open the system master volume knob and move it up or down 1 value, the program seems to realize it's not respecting the system volume and goes back to normal.

Any way to fix this?

Entity, Sep 17, 2021
  3. any way to override the master volume control?

My master volume control slider slides back to zero each time is it pushed upward. I believe this is a hardware issue.

Nevertheless, i am asking this question in desperation whether there is a way to deliver audio output with volume.

I tried a usb audio controller and even channelling the sound through bluetooth but the volume control of these are also controlled by the master volume control.

Any suggestions or tricks (aprt from a repair)?

Thanks

perfection, Sep 17, 2021
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Individual application automatically maximises master volume

Changing master volume doesn't change volume on Turtle Beach Recon 600

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The change in master volume won’t affect the volume on your headset until and unless the device is set as
    default. I suggest you to set the headphone as default device and see if the issue persists.

• Connect the audio device to your PC.
    • Right click the speaker icon on the taskbar and choose
      Sounds.
    • Under Playback
      tab, right click on your headset and set it as default audio device.
    • Exit sound control panel, and check if the issue persists.

Additional Information: Turtle
    Beach Recon 600 for Xbox One - PC compatibility

Regards,

Junaid_A, Sep 17, 2021
Thema:

Individual application automatically maximises master volume

1. Individual application automatically maximises master volume - Similar Threads - Individual application automatically

2. Individual App volume level is overwriting the Master volume level

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Individual App volume level is overwriting the Master volume level: Been having this issue for a couple of months now and across two different workstations on Windows 10. I've seen a few posts similar to mine, but none have had a solution. In short, when I start a call/meeting in MS Teams, Webex, Zoom, etc.., the volume 'session' for that...
  3. Individual App volume level is overwriting the Master volume level

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Individual App volume level is overwriting the Master volume level: Been having this issue for a couple of months now and across two different workstations on Windows 10. I've seen a few posts similar to mine, but none have had a solution. In short, when I start a call/meeting in MS Teams, Webex, Zoom, etc.., the volume 'session' for that...
  4. Individual App volume level is overwriting the Master volume level

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Volume Mixer: Can't Control Individual Application Volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume Mixer: Can't Control Individual Application Volume: Hello Microsoft community,I've been having some problem with my volume mixer lately.Normally I'm supposed to be able to mute individual applications by using my volume mixer. However none of my applications seem to registering? any sound and all the sound seems to be going...
  6. Volume Mixer: Can't Control Individual Application Volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume Mixer: Can't Control Individual Application Volume: Hello Microsoft community,I've been having some problem with my volume mixer lately.Normally I'm supposed to be able to mute individual applications by using my volume mixer. However none of my applications seem to registering? any sound and all the sound seems to be going...
  7. Volume Mixer: Can't Control Individual Application Volume

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Master Volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    Master Volume: When I am on a Zoom or SKYPE session the volume of the sound even when turned up to 100% is not high enough to hear the other person properly. How can I increase it beyond 100%? Thank you, Dave Barlow...
  9. Problems with maximising a application.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems with maximising a application.: This just started to happen to me but a app isn't maximising no matter what I do, I'm not in Tablet Mode and tried restoring it, trying to size it by using the edges, but that doesn't work and I tried to use the keys on my keyboard to try and maximise it and it doesn't work....
  10. Some applications not respecting master volume

in Windows 10 Support
    Some applications not respecting master volume: Most notably, web browsers. I have quite sensitive headphones, so I keep the system master volume at around 20%, and the youtube video volume at around 20% as well. This is all great, but when I close and restart the browser and start watching a youtube video again, the...