Windows 10: Individual keys on my keyboard suddenly no longer work in Windows - but later they will!

Discus and support Individual keys on my keyboard suddenly no longer work in Windows - but later they will! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I wrote some of this text with the on-screen keyboard... I have the phenomenon that certain keys on my keyboard suddenly stop working. The whole day... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Hirnlos, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Hirnlos Win User

Individual keys on my keyboard suddenly no longer work in Windows - but later they will!

I wrote some of this text with the on-screen keyboard...

I have the phenomenon that certain keys on my keyboard suddenly stop working. The whole day there were no problems.

Reinstall the keyboard driver and/or remove the device from the device manager and then reboot or use a different USB port... - does not help.
    Windows 10 - 1909 (I mean I didn't have that in the 18xx version yet)

The USB keyboard is a Logitech G11 or the laptop (old model) is from ASUS.

A while later, however, the keys work again for weeks as if nothing had happened. So the problem occurs only very rarely, so I can't see any pattern.

Currently, the keys on the USB keyboard are the keys:

LÖÄ and comma (therefore also the characters reached with the shift key).

It also seems to have nothing to do with switching to another language - because all other characters like the Z or @ are still to be found on the correct key of the German keyboard.

It started with the keyboard of my laptop - here the row doesn't work from A on (only ghä# works, but the row above it completely: qwertzuiopü+ and also the comma which doesn't work on my connected USB keyboard).

The result is 2 keyboards, where L and Ö have failed together

Does anyone know this phenomenon or what it is due to?

:)

Hirnlos, Jun 6, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jun 6, 2020
  3. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Jun 6, 2020
  4. Individual keys on my keyboard suddenly no longer work in Windows - but later they will!

My shift keys are suddenly not working

Did you try all of the steps I gave you which are numerous? One of these has always worked in cases like this. I'd go back through the list to be sure you tried them all because we often find later that the skipped step was the fix.

Once you're sure then see how you can reprogram any key using one of these methods:

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/missing-key-remap...

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

Individual keys on my keyboard suddenly no longer work in Windows - but later they will!

1. Individual keys on my keyboard suddenly no longer work in Windows - but later they will! - Similar Threads - Individual keys keyboard

2. Some keyboard keys no longer work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some keyboard keys no longer work.: Not a hardware issue because all of them temporarily working again at once but don't work anymore. I've tried deleting and reinstalling keyboard drivers, its not working. What else can I do? From what I can tell, this began after a windows update but I can't roll back...
  3. Some keyboard keys no longer work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some keyboard keys no longer work.: Not a hardware issue because all of them temporarily working again at once but don't work anymore. I've tried deleting and reinstalling keyboard drivers, its not working. What else can I do? From what I can tell, this began after a windows update but I can't roll back...
  4. Some keyboard keys no longer work.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My keyboard is not working suddenly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard is not working suddenly: I have gone to the device manager settings, tried to update the drive but nothing happened. Please tell me what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-is-not-working-suddenly/6eaeac4e-9a2b-4c5b-8bc8-b4c6b034eb6e
  6. My keyboard is not working suddenly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keyboard is not working suddenly: I have gone to the device manager settings, tried to update the drive but nothing happened. Please tell me what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-is-not-working-suddenly/6eaeac4e-9a2b-4c5b-8bc8-b4c6b034eb6e
  7. My keyboard is not working suddenly

8. Key on UK keyboard no longer working

Key on UK keyboard no longer working: Hi,The language used on my computer is English UK and appears as such on all of the language settings. My keyboard has always been arranged so that after the 'L' key there is the : ; key and then a ' @ key and a # ~ key before you reach the Enter key. I recently added another...
  9. 3 Keyboard keys suddenly stopped working

3 Keyboard keys suddenly stopped working: Hello everyone So i just encountered this problem I have a dell inspiron 3542 laptop the J,H,K letters stopped responding Last thing i remember is i had a blue screen when using SCP TOOLKIT to identify usb controllers. The odd thing is when i press the J and K...
  10. Some Keyboard Keys Suddenly not working

Some Keyboard Keys Suddenly not working: Hello I have Windows Home 64 bit Version 1909 - HP Pavilion g series laptop. Recently, some keys have not been working when I touch them lightly as I usually do. I have to long press them. I don't think it's a hardware issue because when I started typing this thread, I...