Windows 10: Individualised typing shortcuts

Discus and support Individualised typing shortcuts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Trying to work out how how to set individualised shortcuts in W10. If you type the same phrase many times a day - an email address, or something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JacobusR, Nov 15, 2018.

1. JacobusR Win User

Individualised typing shortcuts

Trying to work out how how to set individualised shortcuts in W10. If you type the same phrase many times a day - an email address, or something technical - Health Systems Strengthening, say, I'd like to set the PC to replace aaa with an email address, and bbb with Health Systems Strengthening. Formerly this was easy but it has disappeared from my machine and I can't work out how to redo it. Suggestions?

:)

JacobusR, Nov 15, 2018
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Individualised typing shortcuts :)

terrace, Nov 15, 2018
  3. How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 15, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

How do you delete Excel shortcuts in Windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• What exactly happens when you try to delete the shortcut?

• Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

To delete a shortcut

Right-click the shortcut that you want to delete, click
    Delete, and then click yes. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Reply with necessary information and I’ll be happy to help you further

Thanks and Regards

Arun B J, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Individualised typing shortcuts - Similar Threads - Individualised typing shortcuts

2. I cannot type on my laptop, instead of typing letters it's typing shortcuts.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot type on my laptop, instead of typing letters it's typing shortcuts.: Hello I have a T440s Lenovo Business Laptop. I have upgraded the windows 7 to windows 10 for a few years now and nothing has ever happened like this before. I have tried uninstalling the keyboard, Restarting computer, checking for the latest drivers for my keyboard,...
  3. I cannot type on my laptop, instead of typing letters it's typing shortcuts.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cannot type on my laptop, instead of typing letters it's typing shortcuts.: Hello I have a T440s Lenovo Business Laptop. I have upgraded the windows 7 to windows 10 for a few years now and nothing has ever happened like this before. I have tried uninstalling the keyboard, Restarting computer, checking for the latest drivers for my keyboard,...
  4. shortcut to type html basic code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shortcut to type html basic code: what is the shortcut to type html basic code faster?it takes much time so i want a shortcut to type basic structure of html without downloading any packages as i have an upcoming test so they might ask this question so its a request to resolve my issue ....
  5. Are there keyboard shortcuts to Typing insights?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are there keyboard shortcuts to Typing insights?: Hi, I like the Typing insights in windows 10.I wonder if I can use keyboard shortcuts to select the words, instead of moving the cursor to the word and click it.If that's currently not available, can you help me submit a request? Thank you!...
  6. Are there keyboard shortcuts to Typing insights?

Are there keyboard shortcuts to Typing insights?: Hi, I like the Typing insights in windows 10.I wonder if I can use keyboard shortcuts to select the words, instead of moving the cursor to the word and click it.If that's currently not available, can you help me submit a request? Thank you!...
  7. Keyboard typing shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard typing shortcuts: Hello!I'm experiencing some sort of a bug which actually might be shipped as a "feature". Every time I am typing the character between brackets <"> one time, using the shift + "-key, it doesn't appear on the screen until I am pressing it again and it will appear as 2x". If I...
  8. Keyboard typing shortcuts

Keyboard typing shortcuts: Hello!I'm experiencing some sort of a bug which actually might be shipped as a "feature". Every time I am typing the character between brackets <"> one time, using the shift + "-key, it doesn't appear on the screen until I am pressing it again and it will appear as 2x". If I...
  9. Typing Shortcuts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Typing Shortcuts in Windows 10: Hello everyone. I just got a new laptop. My old one was so old I never used it and so am not very familiar with Windows 10. I used my iPad for pretty much everything. I’m setting up the laptop now and have had to enter my email probably a dozen times already. Is there a...
  10. Creating keyboard shortcut for typed text

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating keyboard shortcut for typed text: I’m looking for a way to create a keyboard shortcut for phrases and sentences that I type frequently. For example, I have to often type the phrase, “Review complete: no changes needed.” I’m thinking of a keyboard shortcut that looks something like “Ctrl rc” or “Alt 5656.”...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows typing shortcuts