Windows 10: Inexpensive Three Monitor Graphics Card That Works With W10?

Discus and support Inexpensive Three Monitor Graphics Card That Works With W10? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I work in a mortgage office and the boss would like to have three monitors for certain people to improve productivity. Anyway I did some research... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Lautermilch, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Inexpensive Three Monitor Graphics Card That Works With W10?

I work in a mortgage office and the boss would like to have three monitors for certain people to improve productivity.

Anyway I did some research and found that a number of people were surprised that cards they had did not work with Windows 10.

Anyone know of lower end video card that will work with Windows 10 and support three monitors for business use? Don't need a gaming card.

:)

Lautermilch, Jan 10, 2017
  2. Gonzomn Win User

Not able to activate Graphics Card Driver

Thanks for all the replies. I tried the solutions offered and was still not able to get the resolution up on my monitor. I finally just went out & got an new inexpensive graphics card and installed it and that did the trick.

Gonzomn, Jan 10, 2017
  3. Upgrading to Windows 10 and the motherboard's video stopped working

I was at a friend's house and she asked if it was a good idea to say "yes" to the Windows 10 upgrade; I said yes as I'd done my laptop and everything seemed fine. An hour later, Windows 10 booted up but one of her three monitors had stopped working - it
    was the one connected to the built-in video on the motherboard; she has a dual port graphics card which gives her a total of three graphics ports and she uses all three. I looked at the device manager and the on board graphics wasn't listed as a device, although
    when the machine was booting the BIOS messages came up on the non-working monitor. I was a bit stuck as she needed to use the machine, so we reverted to Windows 8.1 and all three monitors started working again.

I have two problems; how do I approach the problem in future - at some point it makes sense for her to upgrade to W10 - but I only want to suggest that if I'm fairly confident the on-board graphics is going to work, secondly *I* have three very similar set-ups
    - I use the on board video and a dual port graphics card to drive 3 monitors. I haven't upgraded to Windows 10 yet on any of these (stuck on the "Critical hardware components made by Intel") but now I'm worried that one of the three monitors will stop working
    when I upgrade.

AndrewFromEssex, Jan 10, 2017
  4. CountMike New Member

Inexpensive Three Monitor Graphics Card That Works With W10?

All AMD R7 2xx series cards can do that.

CountMike, Jan 11, 2017
  5. Thanks but the cards I found were quite expensive. Anyone know of lower end video card that will work with Windows 10 and support three monitors for business use? Don't need a gaming card.

Lautermilch, Jan 11, 2017
  6. CountMike New Member
    Well, you need at least 3 x DVI/HDMI/Display Port outputs (depending on monitors inputs) and super cheap ones don't have all of them. Which kinds of monitors are you going to use ?

CountMike, Jan 11, 2017
  7. I have three monitors, one is VGA only, the rest have the other connections. If anyone has a link to a website with a specific card I would appreciate it.

8. Inexpensive Three Monitor Graphics Card That Works With W10?

How much is your budget for each graphics card? You can barely find any entry-level graphics card that will have no analog display.

RoasterMen, Jan 11, 2017
  9. I am just researching for the boss. If it is too much, then the employees will have to deal with two monitors. If anyone has a link to a website with a specific card I would appreciate it.​

10. I have an NVidia GT 640 running three screens on my main desktop PC. Mini HDMI, DVI, DVI. I'm pretty sure the GT 610 in my backup desktop PC will do it too.

alphanumeric, Jan 11, 2017
  11. The GT 640 looked good but is out of stock on all the places I looked.

12. Carsomyr Win User
    You aren't gonna find a large quantity if any at all of a card that old, they are no longer produced. I am almost positive the 710-740 are also impossible to find now, online retailers do not carry them anymore. Finally, if a 50-60$ GPU is "too expensive" you are asking for the impossible.

The best you are going to be able to do is probably an R7 240 or a GTX 750. To that end, in order to drive 3 monitors, you must have a display port on the GPU. You can only use 2 of the HDMI/DVI/VGA ports together, the 3rd must come from a display port. That being said, this is probably your best bet:

MSI Radeon R7 240 DirectX 11.2 R7 240 2GD5 2GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Video Card - Newegg.com

It also depends on how many you need. Since you are looking to order a bunch you may get a discount depending on where you buy, what you buy, and how many you buy. Letting us know a rough estimate would be helpful, but I assume not that many since if it was a big company they would have someone in the know on these things.

Carsomyr, Jan 11, 2017
  13. Inexpensive Three Monitor Graphics Card That Works With W10?

GT 610 can do it too, the ports of the card is the hindrance.

RoasterMen, Jan 13, 2017
  14. Yeah, looks like you can't source those cards anymore anyway, which doesn't do the OP much good. Shows you how old my tech is though, lol. The 640 is in my daily user though, and happily runs my three displays. I should probably knock on wood or something right about now. *Smile

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Inexpensive Three Monitor Graphics Card That Works With W10?

1. Inexpensive Three Monitor Graphics Card That Works With W10? - Similar Threads - Inexpensive Three Monitor

2. Graphics card not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics card not working: The hdmi port doesn’t show display and the graphics card is not detected in device manager. This started after I cleaned my pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphics-card-not-working/d4b58984-af35-4385-8c7f-10a3a2ece86a
  3. Graphics card not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphics card not working: My graphics card fans aren’t spinning. Nor does it show up in the task manager. I swapped out the gpu and that one worked fine. This problem started after I cleaned the gpu....
  4. Graphics Card Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics Card Not Working: I recently, accidentally broke my SSD. I got my Win 10 working on the new SSD. But, I can't seem to figure out how to get the video card to work. Its a GeForce GTX 1060. When I remove the graphics card and run HDMI out from the motherboard, it works fine. But, when I install...
  5. Graphics card monitor problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Graphics card monitor problem: Hey guys i got a notebook today and i connected my monitor with hdmi cable to my notebook so i can have 2 screens. But when i unplugged hdmi cable (to bring my notebook somewhere else) and when i clicked on nvidia control panel it said that its not connected to current...
  6. Graphics card not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphics card not working: Computer Parts Motherboard: Prime x470 pro Power Supply: Powerspec 550W, 80+ Bronze Cpu: Ryzen 5 2400g /w Vega 11 Integrated Graphics Gpu: Amd rx 580 8gb 2 Ram Slots corsair veng. 8gb each I have done a full malware scan, Made sure my HDMI is plugged into my graphics card and...
  7. W10 wants his graphic card !!

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    W10 wants his graphic card !!: Hi ! I have a strange problem (in fact the opposite of most cases on the forums!): If I remove the graphics card and connect the monitor to the graphics output of the MB, w10 refuses to boot, it will puts on "automatic repair", turns off and it starts again. I first thought...
  8. Graphic cards and monitors matching

Graphic cards and monitors matching: I am considering an upgrade of my ageing monitor. At present BenQ PD2700U is a high level contender. Problem is that my graphics card is a NVidia Quadro 600 which supports a maximum of 2560 x 1600 pixels and the PD2700U has 3840 x 2160 pixels. Going for the BenQ PD2700Q would...
  9. Graphic cards and monitors matching

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphic cards and monitors matching: I am considering an upgrade of my ageing monitor. At present BenQ PD2700U is a high level contender. Problem is that my graphics card is a NVidia Quadro 600 which supports a maximum of 2560 x 1600 pixels and the PD2700U has 3840 x 2160 pixels. Going for the BenQ PD2700Q would...
  10. Graphic card or monitor problem?

Graphic card or monitor problem?: If when i retun computer from "display off" by moving cursor, my signal returns to dim or black (SOMETIMES), yes there is a signal, but there is a dim-black, or black signal, sometimes turning off and on monitor by button will result in blinking right picture and again goes...